AMD's Zen architecture will be late

zMeul

Stop beating a dead horse. AMD that is. Let AMD RIP like my sig has always said.

This is a place for discussions not ignorant conclusions.

AMD may be in in trouble currently for many different reasons that doesn't mean they should die. AMD doesn't need to right now is compete with Intel in the consumer market. These chips will be around Q3 2016 for the server market which is the better market for them right now, with only has intel in the x86 space. AMD having the Ipc of haswell while cutting the cost of their 16 core to a reasonable price price compared to intel will be able to put them in a much better spot. Even if they don't launch consumer chips, they'll probably be able to focus on the server market and get somewhere.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Hang in there, my 2500k

Same here, I won't be upgrading until Intel Skylake-E and X199 or what ever it is going to be called. Long live Sandy Bridge.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

AMD!! Don't screw this up, you hear?! DON'T SCREW THIS UP. GO WHERE THE MONEY IS.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

This is a place for discussions not ignorant conclusions.

AMD may be in in trouble currently for many different reasons that doesn't mean they should die. AMD doesn't need to right now is compete with Intel in the consumer market. These chips will be around Q3 2016 for the server market which is the better market for them right now, with only has intel in the x86 space. AMD having the Ipc of haswell while cutting the cost of their 16 core to a reasonable price price compared to intel will be able to put them in a much better spot. Even if they don't launch consumer chips, they'll probably be able to focus on the server market and get somewhere.

Your missing my point. Of course they don't need to die. They are already dead. I love AMD, but eventually you have to stop the CPR and move on with life.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

It would be nice if AMD would drop its company and let the US government take on Intel.

This shit is really seriously getting fucking pathetic as AMD keeps bleeding like a fucking dead horse.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Well this is gonna sting.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Nvidia had atrocious drivers people conveniently forget too so that's not it.

Had?  I still have horrors of 353 drivers crashing because of chrome, and 355 still has some problems with Win 10.

Reputation. Nvidia has been more reliable and better performing most of the time. And even in current market Nvidia are not behind AMD in price/performance, but they provide nice things like Shadowplay, Shield.

It doesn't help that whatever Nvidia is better at becomes the new best thing. For example nobody gave a shit about Temps and power consumption when AMD was kicking Nvidia's ass with the HD58xx cards.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Yet another product that AMD will bring to market so late it will be obsolete before they actually launch it.

Still I guess it's better than a straight up 8350 rebrand.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

"AMD's next-generation Zen architecture is expected to arrive in the fourth quarter of 2016 at the earliest, but sources from motherboard players are concerned that the late arrival of the new platform may put AMD in a rather difficult competitive position."

This means the sources find the release date of 4Q16 to be a little late. It said nothing about Zen being released later than we anticipated. Unless they delay it for some reason (which would be bad), it should release in Q4 of 2016. Even the title reads:

AMD Zen architecture set for 4Q16

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

Of course. The newest FirePro is based on a what 18 month old card now? Hawaii is old. The only reason Fiji is not a firepro is the low amount of VRam. Let's see next year, when we can get 32GB of HBM Greenland FirePro's.

The Hawaii/Grenanda FirePros are still supposed to be 2816 * 2 * 0.93*10^9 = 5.2377*10^12 or 6.2 TFlops vs. Intel's current 61 * 16 * 2 * 1.333*10^9 = 2.6020*10^12 = 2.6020TFlops, cut each in half for double precision performance. It's not like Intel even has the theoretical advantage. It doesn't even come close to a tie theoretically, and yet Intel's Xeon Phi compete better against the Nvidia Teslas than AMD's FirePros. And the Kepler Teslas are just as old as AMD's Hawaii/Grenada FirePros. Both took a break this past year.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

"AMD's next-generation Zen architecture is expected to arrive in the fourth quarter of 2016 at the earliest, but sources from motherboard players are concerned that the late arrival of the new platform may put AMD in a rather difficult competitive position."

This means the sources find the release date of 4Q16 to be a little late. It said nothing about Zen being released later than we anticipated. Unless they delay it for some reason (which would be bad), it should release in Q4 of 2016. Even the title reads:

AMD Zen architecture set for 4Q16

TBF, most of us were hoping Q3 at the latest. Now Zen is going to be competing in a market against Kaby Lake. That's gonna hurt.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm confused over that 40% more performance compared to their FX just switching from CMT to SMT seems low. I'd expect it to be around 100% just from that and plus architectural improvements on top of that, so maybe 140%? To much? Cause they're twice lower performing per core than Intel Core series, so that's why it looks odd to me. Still not sure what to think, I know it's from slide those 40% and no more details. So as far as architecture I guess only thing we can is to wait =/

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Intel HQ :

tumblr_lfv4gz3FT41qbtsvoo1_500.gif

Actually no if amd doesn't exist then intel may be declared a monopoly, intel has been making decisions regarding amd with this in mine, why do you think they never made a cpu without integrated graphics at a low cost to destroy the competition.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I'm confused over that 40% more performance compared to their FX just switching from CMT to SMT seems low. I'd expect it to be around 100% just from that and plus architectural improvements on top of that, so maybe 140%? To much? Cause they're twice lower performing per core than Intel Core series, so that's why it looks odd to me. Still not sure what to think, I know it's from slide those 40% and no more details. So as far as architecture I guess only thing we can is to wait =/

Yeah that's why I will never buy an amd cpu, gpu's are fine but cpus no, they seem to have weird performance relative to their specs and that makes me steer clear.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Actually no if amd doesn't exist then intel may be declared a monopoly, intel has been making decisions regarding amd with this in mine, why do you think they never made a cpu without integrated graphics at a low cost to destroy the competition.

Like stated elsewhere, being a monopoly is not illegal, so that is not a problem.

I think it's in AMD's interest to make a decent AMD A/CPU that can serve their GPU business. I think this will be most beneficial for both their server and consumer market.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

AMD, you're so stupid.

You've awoken the beast.

You've awoken the beast.

Good, I'll throw a rock at it if I need to. Just for reactions. Because giggles are amazing.

AMD is an absolute fucking failure for the past 4-5 or so years. They've done nothing but make financial fuckups, terrible architecture designs, and lack luster performance.

They don't know how to do CPUs or GPUs anymore. They should bow out of the game and let someone else take over who can be real competition.

I get why AMD would postpone Zen, but it does suck that AMD won't have any new CPUs/APUs for longer yet.

Now as far as those people trying to say that AMD is dead now. Well they still have GPUs.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

We all be grandpa/grandma age when AMD Zen comes out.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Intel's a few notches more devious. Imagine Intel buying out Nvidia and what that would do, because that is the long-term plan.

Good, I'll throw a rock at it if I need to. Just for reactions. Because giggles are amazing.

AMD is an absolute fucking failure for the past 4-5 or so years. They've done nothing but make financial fuckups, terrible architecture designs, and lack luster performance.

They don't know how to do CPUs or GPUs anymore. They should bow out of the game and let someone else take over who can be real competition.

About the GPUs, they are kicking ass with 2 year old rebrands... and DX12 is around the corner... so I'm not sure what company is the one who doesn't know how to do GPUs anymore xD

About the GPUs, they are kicking ass with 2 year old rebrands... and DX12 is around the corner... so I'm not sure what company is the one who doesn't know how to do GPUs anymore xD

There it is!

No.