AMD's Zen architecture will be late

zMeul

Always Making Delays.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Given that Zen still won't be able to compete with whatever Intel has when it's released (It only competes with what, haswell? ivy bridge?)... We'll probably only see real competition at late 2017 or even 2018   :(

havent heard of this site before...yeah right.... another site saying something without any prooff... if its not confirmed by AMD themselves... its just another rumor... and OFC LTT comunity believes every single thing some random site posts... #Facepalm

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

source: http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150910PD202.html

---

not only that, but it's known that Zen will 1st make an appearance on the server segment - that means it will arrive on desktop roughly in Q2 2017

oh AMD .. you so silly  ^_^

Now what if they release simultaneously on both markets?

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Let me get my shovel so I can bash some skulls in and/or help AMD dig deeper

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Now what if they release simultaneously on both markets?

another paper launch? yeah sure, why not  :lol:

Reputation. Nvidia has been more reliable and better performing most of the time. And even in current market Nvidia are not behind AMD in price/performance, but they provide nice things like Shadowplay, Shield.

That's a problem of public perception - people buy into that illusion that NVIDIA had been more reliable and better peforming, when in reality they had way dire problems with their GPUs and the performance has been back and forth with AMD in terms of the TOP TIER CARDS, all the rest is on par.

That's a problem of public perception - people buy into that illusion that NVIDIA had been more reliable and better peforming, when in reality they had way dire problems with their GPUs and the performance has been back and forth with AMD in terms of the TOP TIER CARDS, all the rest is on par.

ATI had drivers that were so shit they still haven't made up to this day.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Nvidia had atrocious drivers people conveniently forget too so that's not it.

They had SOME atrocious drivers. ATI drivers were ALL shit for a while. It's like eating an old apple, if it's a little brown in some places you just ignore it, if it's all rotten you can't really ignore it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

They had SOME atrocious drivers. ATI drivers were ALL shit for a while. It's like eating an old apple, if it's a little brown in some places you just ignore it, if it's all rotten you can't really ignore it.

This is ridiculously subjective without pointing out specific drivers and the issues that made em "atrocious" So I refuse to continue discussing this other than to say I disagree.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This is ridiculously subjective without pointing out specific drivers and the issues that made em "atrocious" So I refuse to continue discussing this other than to say I disagree.

the time ATi jumped on .NET platform - the CCC was utter shit, if it worked

or, how about VPU Recover that ATi insisted leaving it on by default although it was known to create problems

Just thought I'd chime in here. Other possible reasons off the top of my head:

1. The idea 'more expensive = more better'. We all know this is wrong, many being shafted ourselves.
  2. Word of mouth. If who's-it of who-cares says Nvidia cards are good, who's-it's friend will buy Nvidia cards because he 'knows' them. When Nvidia has anything above 50% market share, I'd imagine this would make it snowball a bit. A lot of the gaming world is governed by word of mouth, so is the tech enthusiast world - the only reason many of us buy certain pieces of hardware is because someone else on here personally recommended it. Fanboys
  3. Naming schemes. Back in the 7000 series days and earlier, that shit was complicated. When it was Radeon 7850/7870/7950/7970 vs GTX 660/660ti/670/680, I'd imagine less numbers = less confusing and easier to feel comfortable with, thus easier to spend money on. This might explain why AMD switched to the R# ### format.
  4. The market share itself. If your average guy off the street sees how many people are buying Nvidia cards, he might be inclined to think Nvidia cards are better, because everyone else is buying them.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

They beat everything Intel has on fpoint anyways.

Until real world performance gets involved. Even Intel's current Xeon Phi outperform AMD's FirePro offerings, and KNL triples the performance of current offerings, not to mention coming in socket and PCIe card forms.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

havent heard of this site before...yeah right.... another site saying something without any prooff... if its not confirmed by AMD themselves... its just another rumor... and OFC LTT comunity believes every single thing some random site posts... #Facepalm

If you haven't heard of digitimes, they're one of the most prominent and most trusted tech news sites in existence, and it's your own fault.

Anyone know how does Intel 14nm compare to GloFo?

https://www.semiwiki.com/forum/content/3884-who-will-lead-10nm.html

~30% denser/better.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Reputation. Nvidia has been more reliable and better performing most of the time. And even in current market Nvidia are not behind AMD in price/performance, but they provide nice things like Shadowplay, Shield.

Did you just get into PC gaming yesterday? None of what you said is even remotely true.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I wonder if there will be a rebrand between current AMD processors and Zen ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Given that Zen still won't be able to compete with whatever Intel has when it's released (It only competes with what, haswell? ivy bridge?)... We'll probably only see real competition at late 2017 or even 2018   :(

Oh? Can you show us those benchmarks?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Until real world performance gets involved. Even Intel's current Xeon Phi outperform AMD's FirePro offerings, and KNL triples the performance of current offerings, not to mention coming in socket and PCIe card forms.

Of course. The newest FirePro is based on a what 18 month old card now? Hawaii is old. The only reason Fiji is not a firepro is the low amount of VRam. Let's see next year, when we can get 32GB of HBM Greenland FirePro's.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

And I was hoping for a Zen release next year....oh well at least Skylake will be a decent upgrade over my FX 8320.

I wonder if there will be a rebrand between current AMD processors and Zen ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

I'm still hoping they'll call them Phenom III instead of FX4...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Stop beating a dead horse. AMD that is. Let AMD RIP like my sig has always said.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/