So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

Because it's a fruit and people like being healthy.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Because it's a fruit and people like being healthy.

Reminded me of this

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Some dude read the title and tried convincing me to go get an iPhone haha.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Industrial design, simplicity, ecosystem, OS X, etc.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Battery life on my 6 is really good tbh, I rarely fail to get through a day and I am a pretty heavy user (2 to 3 hours of video, 3 hours music, 30-60 minutes gaming, texting and stuff through the day)

Dunno about network card. my phone doenst seem to be any different to other phones I have tried

Battery life compared to what?

Take my Xperia Z2..

4G is on all day, normal stamina mode (restrict background apps) is on, but not network (cuz of mail program needing to have connection or else it derps)...

my phone is 2 years old, ive been doing the same thing for 2 years.

Put it in my pocket which is often full of screws, nails, small plastic clips and whatnot, go to work, listen to music for 8 hours a day + calling, texting, sending a mail or two...

My phone is 2 years old, and my battery STILL lasts 2.5 days.

One of my friends is a apple-slave...

He had the 3,4,5 and i think he either bought or will buy the 6... In addition to macbook, appleTV and yadda yadda...

his phone, dies after one day of doing what i do (i know, cuz every time i hang out with him, even with power saving stuff on, his phone doesnt last...

I am not going to claim the Xperia Z2 is some epic phone. From a user perspective it has a lot of faults (size, microphone, camera and more)...

But if a 2 year old phone, which lets face it, 2 years with todays phones. You are lucky if they still work at all if you abuse them like i do. And yes, i do not care much for my phone. I use it till it dies, buy the next top model, use that till it dies, and i will keep doing this...

Honestly. Apple got 3 things i "respect" them for.

Design

User friendlyness

Support

everything else about the company and their products just screams mediocrity.

-snip-

i have no issues with apple music, i can delete with out issue.  tbh my ios9 is more stable than any android i have ever ran.

1GB of RAM was too little in 2013 for active users...

Even with the best of software and lenses... 8MPX camera is a tad "cheap". They could easily have scaled it up to 13MPX without breaking any profit.

Actually using the latest Corning Gorilla Glass rather then some other shit, to prevent their over-priced crap from breaking would be nice too.

Oh, and let us not forget the lack of a microSD slot...

questionable battery time.... (it can be great, if you do not use the phone)

and shitty "network card"... not really a card, but their chip isnt rated for super high speeds...

Although, apple isnt that guilty in that department. So far, only Sony has bothered with high speed networking chips in their devices... guess thats a japanese cellphone culture thingy that has influenced that move more then anything else.

Oh yeah, dunno if this is the same in murica... but the EU versions seems to have crappy signal receptors.... Dunno if their antenna is just a tad short or if the signal amp is too damn weak.

sorry but most of that is crap, e-peen stuff that realy dosnt matter. my iphone rarely stutters if at all. people seam to forget that ios is made to run on iphones only so can be optimised brilliantly for it. it really dosnt need more ram.

MP in camera is not the only criteria that matters, and bigger isnt always better. my iphone 4 took better pictures than my desire hd and that had a 5mp camera vs and 8mp camera. my 6+ takes better pics than both my g3 and my z3 did, the z3 has a whopping 21mp camera.

correct me if im wrong but isnt the iphone 6+ gorrila glass?

sd support isnt all that. have enough storage in the first place and you dont need to expand it

the iphone runs 4g lte and wireless ac....whats wrong with that?

edit my battery life on my 6+ is the same as my z3....im on my third day as we speak sitting @ 27% and it will last me till the end of the day

"it just works" thats the best reason i have for loving my iphone and why i will not switch anytime soon

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Battery life compared to what?

everything else about the company and their products just screams mediocrity.

Compared to other similar high end devices

iPhone - easily gets you through a day of heavy use

iPad - very very good battery life

macbooks - some of the best battery life around

I use iPhones completely naked, no cases or anything, never had one break or get overly scratched or damaged, I even take mine airsofting and it just sits in my pocket or random ammo pouch

Sure it doenst last 2.5 days, but it lasts me a day, I have never had a phone last longer, and I have owned other none apple smartphones, I dont have any battery saving measures on, 4g and wifi is on, bluetooth is on, background data, etc etc is on permanently, brightness at about 60% inside or 100% outdoors

For my dad, light use, he can get through 2 days of very light use (couple hours music, a few texts, checking facebook) 

my iphone 5 is 3 years old, and my mum has it now, and its still fine, she barely uses it and she can get like 2 or 3 days out of it since she might send like 2 texts a day and never goes on the internet  (4g off etc)

I think Mediocrity is a harsh, their products are not exciting to tech enthusiasts who are all about specs, but that is not their market, and they dont really care

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Because people have different opinions.

Because not everyone is tech savy.

Because brand loyalty.

Because people have different uses for devices.

Reasons...

lol people in this thread so up their own arse about Apple that they are mocking Apple's marketing? The only company that has managed to persuade ordinary non-tech folks to buy a damned smart watch!? Actually scratch that, the only company who has managed to persuade anyone to buy a smart watch

All it took was to advertise the existence of the thing, sure, but that seems beyond literally everybody else.

I think Mediocrity is a harsh, their products are not exciting to tech enthusiasts who are all about specs, but that is not their market, and they dont really care

NEU GOTTA HAVE THAT 5GHz HEX CORE FOR FAECBOOK

Compared to other similar high end devices

iPhone - easily gets you through a day of heavy use

iPad - very very good battery life

macbooks - some of the best battery life around

I use iPhones completely naked, no cases or anything, never had one break or get overly scratched or damaged, I even take mine airsofting and it just sits in my pocket or random ammo pouch

Sure it doenst last 2.5 days, but it lasts me a day, I have never had a phone last longer, and I have owned other none apple smartphones, I dont have any battery saving measures on, 4g and wifi is on, bluetooth is on, background data, etc etc is on permanently, brightness at about 60% inside or 100% outdoors

For my dad, light use, he can get through 2 days of very light use (couple hours music, a few texts, checking facebook) 

my iphone 5 is 3 years old, and my mum has it now, and its still fine, she barely uses it and she can get like 2 or 3 days out of it since she might send like 2 texts a day and never goes on the internet  (4g off etc)

The reason i say mediocrity is because the phone is just that.

To me a phone should be responsive (i do NOT need a SD810 to feel good... just make sure it can play fruit ninja while i wait for a cab home after a good party)...

The phone should be versatile. Do you want to lug around a memory key? hell naw. Store those files onto the microSD or Dropbox then go for a walk. But having 16-32GB internal memory just isnt enough.

The phone should be durable (maybe not Nokia brick durable). My friends iphone has gotten smashed twice, from just minor drops (2ft down on wood floor)... My old Xperia Arc fell from first the 2nd story and later that month, the 4th story of a contruction site down on concrete floor... Only after the second dive, it got a crack. 5 years later the phone still works...

Most importantly to me is battery. The phone must last, ESPECIALLY when you need it to last (during long trips without chargers etc...)

This is why i love my Z2... put it in full power saving and it lasts nearly a month in standby even today (brand new it was like 52 days).... Moderate power saving, just a few quick calls, it can last a week.

The iphone simply does not have any of these features. Its CPU, while not slow, isnt particularily fast either when you pair it with anything other then a iphone. The RAM is too low to properly multi-task, the storage is not expandable, the battery life IS iffy... yes you can make it last, if you do not use it...

the same applies to their tablets too.

My best friend got a ipad for christmas, good battery life, screen, simplistic and easy to use... Its not a bad product, its just a terrible OS for it... It's simply too locked down on certain features, it is also less user friendly for semi professional work (old note 10.1 vs ipad in CAD editing... yeah, ipad isn't gonna cut it there)....

Their laptops, my friend has one... it is the worst product i have ever used. Sure its a couple of years old now, but even a 2 year old laptop shouldnt feel like its straining to stream to apple TV from a fiber connection. But it does. It sucks at simple 1080p media playback and the CPU in general is just not cutting it.

Apple products would be amazing for all users, IF and only IF, they had given us the hardware that their ridiculous price premium "suggests"...

Apple could easily, without a doubt, up the CPU one notch, up the RAM, up the camera slightly, up the glass slightly. They could even make proprietary microSD cards for expandable storage because, its apple, so they would sell like hotcakes anyway.

In a sense, their "next gen" product is what "should have been todays product" in terms of performance...

Because everything works they way it says it will. It's that simple. If something works and works well, people will buy it.

Sure, they might not be good for (much) gaming and are sometimes** more expensive than the competition (prebuilts, that is) but they look nice and function well. I've only owned a Macbook Air and a couple of different iPods but I never had an issues with them and they worked when I needed them (other than a few flat battery incidents).

**I say "sometimes" because my 2013 MBA was cheaper and better specced than any other Haswell ultrabook at the time.

Same thing with my 2013 rMBP :P Price to performance was the same or better than other ultrabooks/notebooks of the same price and build quality. (not plastic)

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Simple. The more a person spends on a product, the more they are going to defend and find the positive aspects of that product. Apple products have a 300% or greater markup, are therefore more expensive than the competition, and make owning apple products more exclusive and unique. 

All that being said, some people are going to find Apple design to be more appealing, both hardware and software. Its an ecosystem that doesn't require any thought or comprehension to use, and apple products usually work seamlessly together. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

SNIP

See I have a completely different user experience to you

my iPhone 6 is super snappy, it plays very high end 3d games at very smooth framerates, I dont use a case, have dropped it many times, heck I dropped it from car height onto my drive yesterday and its fine 

my phone has 128gb of storage, I dont use memory sticks, I just stick stuff on cloud/dropbox 

my iPad is 4th gen, couple years old now, its not a device for CAD etc, its for playing games, watching movies, reading books, browing the web - Apple are targeting normal users, not crazy power users wanting to CAD on their tablet

My brothers 2008 macbook pro 15 is still used every day, its hasnt even had an SSD  uprade and its fine, he uses it for all sorts of 3d design in his job, and he uses it for editing photos and movies etc-  it works great, and is still on its original battery! still gets like 4 hours

How does his macbook not play 1080p? that seems wrong, if a 2008 model can, his can too, I have edited 1080p video in premier on the new 1,1ghz macbook - its actually fine....

Its like you are using a completely different set of products to what I have used.... and I have been using Apple products along side my Windows and Android products for as long as I have been alive

Because some people are just silly, right down to the core.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

And because there advert's have hipster shit in them...

Ha! I bet you liked smart watches before they were cool. Damned hipsters ruining everything xDD

my phone has 128gb of storage, I dont use memory sticks, I just stick stuff on cloud/dropbox 

I'm waiting for the 128GB version to be priced more sanely. When that happens I can finally retire my iPod Classic :)

Apple products look nice, and most people buy computers based on how they look, they have no idea what its actually worth or what is actually better.

I really love threads like this. The vitriol you people feel because someone, somewhere is enjoying an OS that you don't like is hilarious.

It's not making us bitter, people arent purchasing Apple beacuse they like the OS, most people who buy Apple dont even know what an OS is, they just like the design. It has nothing to do with them using something were not, they are also getting ripped off as Apple products are sickly overpriced.

A lot of people who like shiny things fashion themselves as apple geeks, but their tech knowledge/ability is only skin deep.  Apple stuff seems to really attract these people.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Apple is really simple and easy to use, and they crash many times less than a Windows based PC or Linux based machine. Although Linux Ubuntu Gnome 14.Something and OSX are almost the same.

Because they are too lazy to install Yosemite on their PC/Laptop for 0$

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

It's not making us bitter, people arent purchasing Apple beacuse they like the OS, most people who buy Apple dont even know what an OS is, they just like the design. It has nothing to do with them using something were not, they are also getting ripped off as Apple products are sickly overpriced.

Lol technologically minded people have gone through extreme efforts to build Hackintoshes they prefer the OS so much.

Also I think it's hilarious how much you need to boil down someone's preference to ignorance. Most people who use Macs grew up with Windows PCs, they're forced to use Windows in most situations. Windows is the default through market share alone, yet there are people who make a deliberate choice to choose Mac and relearn to use a whole new OS (albeit one commonly exalted for being user friendly and intuitive), and yet you feel that you have to come to a forum and froth at the mouth at how stupid and ignorant these people with different preferences to you are.

They're not even that expensive. Comparing similar AIOs from HP and Apple, it's going to set you back £800-900 whoever you get it from.

I don't really have a problem with their OSes, but Linux is the same thing for free that's legal.  The only one I'd actually pay for is Windows!  Because that's the only OS that supports everything  I need.  If there was a free legal OS that did the same thing with the same level of support then I'd use that instead, but sadly there isn't.  :/

The OS is free. People made a big thing of Microsoft giving away upgrades for Windows 10 for a year, but that's what Apple do anyway.

It's not the fact that they're enjoying the O.S, it's the fact that non tech people are getting tricked into thinking they're buying the best because it's expensive and everyone else has one, and then paying way too much for it, meanwhile apple are "redesigning" something by making it bigger and adding an X to the processor, and then charging double the amount of the previous device.

No, it's because you're a Windows fanboy and you can't stand people buying a product that you don't like. No one is being tricked by anyone. iMacs are about the same price as any AIO, and their phones (I think that's what you're talking about now? You're not making a tonne of sense. Wipe the froth from your mouth and start again) are about the same as any flagship.

You can't even install Yosemite on most laptops. Besides that, most people don't wanna deal with bullshit of having a hackintosh or they simply don't know how to do it.

wow, free PC/Laptop? 

HAX

/jk

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

OS X and IOS does it for me. 

Not going to get involved with this thread, every time I've tried explaining Apple products to people, they never seem to listen to your points :D