So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

Macbook

On the contrary to that, the macbook is pretty sweet. Its almost the same as the PC, except its optimized better for mobile use. Everything feels easier to get to, there are gestures like three fingers swipe to change desktop pinch to zoom etc. that make it so much easier to use than any windows laptop. Its pretty cheap, relative to like ultrabooks and has solid build quality. Dropped it a few times, no problem.

Comparing it to my classmates chunky plastic shit laptops, Im glad I bought a macbook. It also has by far the best display and is super portable and light, so chugging it to school is no problem. Honestly the best school laptop you buy, maybe the XPS 13 if you like its design more. But its trackpad is not as good and a macbook can dual boot anyways. 10/10

Pls don't tell me you got the MacBook 2015....

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Why can't Apple deliver a phone with the specs of the S6 with Ios?

Heck the Iphone 6 is was and still is more expensive then a S6...

iOS doesn't need specs of an S6 to perform well. 

However, Material Design I think is a tad bit nicer than iOS.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

iOS doesn't need specs of an S6 to perform well. 

So what? They are asking the same price + the usual Apple premium, the least they can do is deliver the same specs.

Currently the cheapst S6 is € 515,99 here, while the cheapest Iphone 6 is € 654,-

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

So what? They are asking the same price + the usual Apple premium, the least they can do is deliver the same specs.

Currently the cheapst S6 is € 515,99 here, while the cheapest Iphone 6 is € 654,-

So, most people don't care if phone a cost less and has better specs when phone b cost more and has worse specs some buy for the name/recognition.

Also I could argue what's on paper isn't always representative of how the experience is going to be.

Take the R9 390X for example sure it's a refreshed 290X so on paper it's going to look very similar to the 290X and therefore the real world performance of the 390X will be the same as the 290X because on paper the 390X is pretty much identical. Well as it turns out the 390X outperforms the 290X in quite a few games. (Sometimes it's closer to the 290X).

Pls don't tell me you got the MacBook 2015....

Lol no, the 2013 retina one. Never get first gen apple products... its like you pay to be a beta tester.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

So, most people don't care if phone a cost less and has better specs when phone b cost more and has worse specs.

Also I could argue what's on paper isn't always representative of how the experience is going to be.

Take the R9 390X for example sure it's a refreshed 290X so on paper it's going to look very similar to the 290X and therefore the real world performance of the 390X will be the same as the 290X because on paper the 390X is pretty much identical. Well as it turns out the 390X outperforms the 290X in quite a few games. (Sometimes it's closer to the 290X).

Well why are you playing on PC then? Surely consoles are wayyyyyyy better because they have a optimized OS like Fapple!

Also the 390X isn't a refresh, it's a revision or revamp a refresh gpu is when you take a 290X and change the box and the GPU name.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

So, most people don't care if phone a cost less and has better specs when phone b cost more and has worse specs some buy for the name/recognition.

No shit?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Lol no, the 2013 retina one. Never get first gen apple products... its like you pay to be a beta tester.

The MacBook 2015 is 1449€, my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" was 399€ and it outperforms it in each and single way including weight and screen.

If you really like to pay more and drag a bigger screen for no reason the Samsung Galaxy TabPro or NotePro are 12.2 inch

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No shit?

And it has 8GB on ALL MODELS FROM ALL MANUFACTURES  instead of 4GB which he forgot too, how the fuck could that be just a name/box change?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The MacBook 2015 is 1449€, my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" was 399€ and it outperforms it in each and single way including weight and screen.

If you really like to pay more and drag a bigger screen for no reason the Samsung Galaxy TabPro or NotePro are 12.2 inch

We're comparing a full-fledged computer with inherited traits including high RAM usage and CPU usage to a phone with a slimline operating system which uses little RAM and CPU on its own.

No.

We're comparing a full-fledged computer with inherited traits including high RAM usage and CPU usage to a phone with a slimline operating system which uses little RAM and CPU on its own.

No.

Phone or tablet... ayyy lmaao

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Also the 390X isn't a refresh, it's a revision or revamp a refresh gpu is when you take a 290X and change the box and the GPU name.

It is a refresh.

A revision is the same as a refresh (I think)

I think you're confusing the definitions; simply changing the product's name is a rebrand

Well at least that's what JayZTwoCents said

Well why are you playing on PC then? Surely consoles are wayyyyyyy better because they have a optimized OS like Fapple!

There's an more of a difference between PCs and Consoles.  

Rebranding is as you describe at the end of the last sentence, Refreshing is updating something to make it better (another way of saying revision or revamp)

No shit?

It was an example but if one takes the specs of something too literally one might think that one thing is inherently better. (PCs and Consoles are kind of the niché where the specs often make the difference.)

Apple make simple products the masses are too dumb to know about specs and hardware and would pay a premium for average to fairly decent hardware with a pretty shell as apple caters towards looks and simplicity. Look at beats that's a expensive fashion accessories with terrible audio quality compared to alternative s like audio technica

GTFO with the SPECS . specs are shit. me ,an all in android user who hates apple admit that android software is shit atm. the specs are always praised(QUAD CORE OCTO CORE 2K SCREEN WOOOW) and the software is overlooked every time. if android phone makers would take the time to really optimise the software for a...octo core phone everything would be alright.but nope,iphone with shit specs but optimised software runs better. meanwhile ios 8 adoption rate is 85%. lollipop under 20%. thats another problem. and in that 15-20% the majority is 5.0.2 ,which runs bad.

So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

It's because of marketing and has nothing to do with what they make. The majority of people know nothing about what they're getting and don't bother trying to find out so they rely on marketing and word of mouth to make their decisions. It's the same thing as how people only think Apple and Samsung make phones or that people only play on Xboxes or Playstations.

It's because of marketing and has nothing to do with what they make. The majority of people know nothing about what they're getting and don't bother trying to find out so they rely on marketing and word of mouth to make their decisions. It's the same thing as how people only think Apple and Samsung make phones or that people only play on Xboxes or Playstations.

You should really try to read through the whole thread

Marketing is just one point of why people buy them

And most of the people from this thread pointed some reasons on why it is so

And most people actually know other brands of phones

You just need to be in the proper crowd

I know people who know brands like Huawei, Xiaomi, etc; (at least in my country)

I know people who know brands like Huawei, Xiaomi, etc; (at least in my country)

Actually the real question, why do tech savy people still buy Apple products when they know they get shit bang for buck.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Actually the real question, why do tech savy people still buy Apple products when they know they get shit bang for buck.

Most tech-savvy people want to spend their money on what they want

Some like to buy the best for the price because they believe it's a good practice (which is true)

And some people aren't really interested in buying anything because they can't afford it (the ones who sit and stare at images of PCs)

But we can't really change their descisions

They choose what they want to do, just like us

No, I am not going to read through 13 pages.

Marketing is the main reason. I am aware that there are other reasons.

Most people don't know about the other brands of phones, and if they do, they see at as just something to get if it's cheaper.

Most people don't research things before they buy them in order to get the best that they can.

As soon as you mentioned Apple I knew that people were going to start posting that have never touched a Mac. If you have ever bought a Mac, and used it as your main computer (Like Linus forces himself to do in his reviews) you would realise why people like them.

It's not specs, It's OS X.

OS X is such a highly proficient alternative to windows. I personally believe that it's better on Windows, and if it had the same support from developers as Windows for games (Which we all know can't happen) then it would FLAT OUT be better than Windows in every possible way.

But it doesn't.

I understand why people don't like Macintosh computers, but only for those that have gone ahead and tried it, and actually have some critique against it instead of "it ovur prixzed!1!11!!!1 lololol doritos"

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

As soon as you mentioned Apple I knew that people were going to start posting that have never touched a Mac. If you have ever bought a Mac, and used it as your main computer (Like Linus forces himself to do in his reviews) you would realise why people like them.

It's not specs, It's OS X.

OS X is such a highly proficient alternative to windows. I personally believe that it's better on Windows, and if it had the same support from developers as Windows for games (Which we all know can't happen) then it would FLAT OUT be better than Windows in every possible way.

But it doesn't.

I understand why people don't like Macintosh computers, but only for those that have gone ahead and tried it, and actually have some critique against it instead of "it ovur prixzed!1!11!!!1 lololol doritos"

What's the difference between a Imac with shitty spec and a glorious custom build PC like mine with OS X installed?

I'm pretty sure one person could get a 5960X + Quad 980Ti system for the same price as the most expensive 5K Imac.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Honestly, there are gods and bads with Apple products, the same as with any other product, but I heard so many times from kids 10-18 years: "If it's not an iPhone it's bad", and that is the mentality of many, and I mean many kids (and people) here. Marketing FTW. Not everyone is like that of course, but there are many that are.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

What about the £1000 price difference?

There's more to hardware than the base hardware. There's its software (which, to be fair, can either be optimized the shit out of or optimized like shit) and maybe other factors that can impact performance, like network.

And then you do a benchmark or play a game and the I-phone becomes a £600 lag fest...

are you kidding iphone gets most of the games first if you are into that stuff.and what lag fest are you talking about. and ipad has actual apps that are optimised for tablet

Ultimate Apple Troll PCMR edition:

Buy old Apple Pro 2012 Case:

Mac+Pro.png

Buy a Apple Thunderbolt Display

1311187791.jpeg

Buy Apple Keyboard&Mouse:

1256110999.jpeg 1386577000.jpeg

Build a custom PC in Mac Pro case, and install Yosemite on it. Let people use it and say it's the new 2016 Apple Pro MAC

PROFIT????

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU