So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

With the Adobe suite being the industry standard, people still say that Apple products are "better for creative work".

Right.

Build quality is a plus on MacBooks, thats why I love mine, and in my eyes, iOS is so much simpler and smoother than any other mobile OS.

And Apple just have their way of marketing "its the newest and bestest" and not everyone is a techie like we are here, so when they here "the new best" theyll go buy it.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Apple packages some of the best performance into convenient to use devices that all sync together seamlessly. Their laptops are super fast, use PCI based flash storage, have beautiful IPS screens and tremendous battery life and build quality. When iPhone's come out they are usually the fastest phones on the market at the time and always the smoothest. The app market is gigantic and dwarfs competitors. Especially in the tablet space. 

There certainly isn't any magic to Apple products. They simply package some of the best features available at the time into one package. Some features they have do exist in other products prior but Apple perfects it. Like the Macbook trackpads being best in class and I challenge anyone to show me a phone with a better finger print sensor than touchid. Seriously. My phone unlocks before its even out of my pocket and in any orientation I place my finger. And the screens. Yeah there are higher resolution screens on other laptops and phones but I've seen countless laptops with higher res displays than the Macbook or iPhone that just do not look as good. Example my sister has an LG phone with a 2560x1440 display. My iPhone 6 looks better though because the colors, contrast ratio and viewing angles just blow it away. 

My entire mobile ecosystem is Apple because it just works together so well and the products they put out are of such high build quality. I'd say my one complaint with Apple is their design decision for the iPhone 6 and 6+. I would have been fine with them increasing screen size but they made the phone too smooth. It's the only phone I've ever had to use with a case because it's just too slippery a design otherwise. I'll always have my own custom built desktop for gaming and the like but Apple blows every other competitor away in my eyes. If you don't like Apple then fine don't buy it. But Apple is not a shitty company by any means. 

*disclaimer i used to work for applecare, and i despise apples hardware software and the majority of their customers*

that being said, apple has done an amazing job at making everything so incredibly simple, the user doesnt have to put any effort into using their computer at all. you can tell just by how you uninstall a program. no need for a seperate window for all your uninstalls, just throw the program in the trash and you're done. its dumbed down so much that the only people who dont understand it right away are the power users.

their products are also very well designed, asthetically anyways. if i had the money, hell yes i'd buy a macbook air. light as fuck, looks hella sexy, and its actually decent. the macbooks are actually decently priced considering (completely different story for the iMac and Mac pro).

the tablets and phones, icant stand. they work, most of the time. thats all i have to say about it.

once you are in the apple ecosystem, ie, using itunes, iphoto, and the other iapps on their computers, its an easy jump to start using them on the mobile device, everything syncs very easily (now that icloud has been out for a while and the major issues are resolved).

i dont know a lot about their service in the stores, from what ive heard, its outstanding once you get past the hoard or salesmen. The support team over the phone however, different story. they dont care about you or your problems, but they fake it pretty well most of the time. they seem like geniuses a lot of the time, but honestly they've probably heard the exact same problem 30 times that same day, or if its a new problem, went to google and clicked "im feeling lucky"

TLDR: if you like shiny stuff, with decent customer service that you shouldnt need cuz if its broken, YOU broke it. and dont mind paying a premium for it. apple is right for you

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I blame Steve Jobs. Even before I got into computers I knew he was a damn crook. I always said when he died I'd celebrate. An iPhone owning friend said I was full of shit. The day he died I threw myself a damn party and a half. I can honestly say my life won't be complete until I spit on his unmarked grave.

Also yes, I know Steve Jobs was nothing more than a PR guy. For some reason everyone thinks he was the head honcho of Apple.

Long story short, I hate that son of a bitch with a burning passion, AND I'M GLAD HE'S DEAD!!!!!

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Apple packages some of the best performance into convenient to use devices that all sync together seamlessly. Their laptops are super fast, use PCI based flash storage, have beautiful IPS screens and tremendous battery life and build quality. When iPhone's come out they are usually the fastest phones on the market at the time and always the smoothest.

1.3Ghz Dual core cpu only for 1.449€!!! Wow I'm going to the store right now and buying 100 of them.

Also 750x1334 screen of the Iphone 6 and the dual core 1,4GHz CPU surely beats the OLED 2560x1440 display and octa-core cpu of the cheaper Samsung S6!!!

Hold my beer, gotta run off at 2 AM to the Apple Store!!!

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

For not tech savvy people, Apple stuff just works.

For tech savvy people that still believe Apple is better, they are stuck in an age when Apple was the best you could get to do work, but those days are long gone, and sometimes it looks like they suffer from cognitive dissonance but that's mostly only with hardcore Apple fanboys.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

use apple products for a while and you will see.

1.3Ghz Dual core cpu only for 1.449€!!! Wow I'm going to the store right now and buying 100 of them.

Also 750x1334 screen of the Iphone 6 and the dual core 1,4GHz CPU surely beats the OLED 2560x1440 display and octa-core cpu of the cheaper Samsung S6!!!

Hold my beer, gotta run off at 2 AM to the Apple Store!!!

Because ghz and cores is all a processor is am I right? As I said previously, I've seen phones with higher resolution. They don't look as good. There is much more to a screen than resolution just like there is more to a processor than Ghz and number of cores and more to a camera than megapixels. 

Apple make simple products the masses are too dumb to know about specs and hardware and would pay a premium for average to fairly decent hardware with a pretty shell as apple caters towards looks and simplicity. Look at beats that's a expensive fashion accessories with terrible audio quality compared to alternative s like audio technica

1GB of RAM can only go so far after all (the dual core ARM CPU they use however are actually pretty damn good).

Heck even the A5 chip made by Jim Keller is still good to use......

My iPod Touch 5G has the A5 chip and still performs good with 512MB of ram(not battery wise cause of it's 1300mah battery). 

TLDR: Performance does not equal everything!

Apple machines, amazing stores, amazing support, easy to buy, easy to set up, easy to operate, intuitive OS, amazing build quality, beautiful devices, fantastic app store, integration with each other, syncing across devices super easy, 

They are simple, powerful elegant machines

Are they the best bang for buck? no

Are they the most powerful? no

Does that matter to everyone? no

Some people dont care how many gigaflops of computer performance they have, and are happy to pay the premium for a device that is pleasant to look at, and pleasant to use

NOTE: Obviously there are some machines that are well built, have good support, but for Apple EVERY device is treated the same, with Windows/Android its hit and miss

I definitely agree. We here on the LTT forum have a very different point of perspective, looking more at raw performance than user satisfaction and design. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

Because ghz and cores is all a processor is am I right? As I said previously, I've seen phones with higher resolution. They don't look as good. There is much more to a screen than resolution just like there is more to a processor than Ghz and number of cores and more to a camera than megapixels. 

I completely disagree with your opinion on screens. 1440p phones look AMAZING.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

Don't see the need for a Mac rather build a PC with upgradibility and better hardware but the masses want simple good looking products. I phones are simple and with me I like android phones

I completely disagree with your opinion on screens. 1440p phones look AMAZING.

Not the one my sister has (I think its a G3 or G4. One of those). I will admit the new Note screen is fucking beautiful. But the point was to not just look at whats on paper. Actually use the device before writing it off as lol low resolution. It looks just fine and I still would choose the iPhone over the Note simply because I enjoy the package you get with it more. 

Not to mention I phones have a simple ui which is less taxing on the hardware compared to android the s6 has a more intense ui which requires greater hardware and they trade blows in speed tests

Not the one my sister has (I think its a G3 or G4. One of those). I will admit the new Note screen is fucking beautiful. But the point was to not just look at whats on paper. Actually use the device before writing it off as lol low resolution. It looks just fine and I still would choose the iPhone over the Note simply because I enjoy the package you get with it more. 

Okay I generalized a lot there. With some exceptions (like the LG g4) most 1440p phones look AMAZEBALLS

For not tech savvy people, Apple stuff just works.

For tech savvy people that still believe Apple is better, they are stuck in an age when Apple was the best you could get to do work, but those days are long gone, and sometimes it looks like they suffer from cognitive dissonance but that's mostly only with hardcore Apple fanboys.

I'm tech savy, and the first time I used my Hackintosh for the first day I was worse then the average grandma.

Most people on this earth especially Europe never used a Mac Os so the argument "Apple products are easier to use" is completely bullshit.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Go to the store and hold a S6 in your hands.

"There is much more to a screen than resolution". Ofcourse, the screen of the RipOffPhone 6 is IPS while the screen of the S6 is freaking OLED

It's not like the hardware in either a Apple laptop or Iphone is magically better, it uses the same Intel&AMD parts as normal laptops.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Not to mention I phones have a simple ui which is less taxing on the hardware compared to android the s6 has a more intense ui which requires greater hardware and they trade blows in speed tests

That's not how screens or UI's work.  You're confusing the elements on the screen with Android's naturally higher overhead.  An android phone designed to look exactly like the iOS UI will still suffer from the same problems Android has.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

You don't only pay for the phone but also for the OS. iOS has way more security then Android.

However their prices are indeed a little high.

Except IOS has too much security. Cant even drop songs onto an iphone without itunes. Oh and if u buy a new PC u have to erase the phone. Its way too locked down.

My oneplus one is running cynogenmod 12 nightly updates. I dont worry about security on it, its encrypted and has nightly updates.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

That's not how screens or UI's work.  You're confusing the elements on the screen with Android's naturally higher overhead.  An android phone designed to look exactly like the iOS UI will still suffer from the same problems Android has.

Oh I meant android lol

use apple products for a while and you will see.

No thank you I rather kill myself 

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU