So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

I must be dumb then

You can't tell me you don't know these people.  :P

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

You can't tell me you don't know these people.   :P

There are dumb people that build gaming PCs, .. people are dumb, people are ignorant, 

I also know people who did computer science at university, got their masters degree, and now earn 4x my wage working for major banks

I also know my brother who works for Jaguar designing cars, and uses macs......

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Everyone!  Point at this guy!  Laugh at him!  Laugh at him!  /s

We mean people who don't need Apple products, but buy them because a celebrity uses it who also doesn't utilize the technology/has a reason for it.  Aka the Jobs over Woz approach.

I bought my £11000 car because it looked nice and had a nice stereo... and I work less than a mile from my job.....

so what.. you dont always have to buy the cheapest or most cost effective thing, I would genuinely buy the new low powered macbook purely on the basis thats its really cute and is really nice

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There are dumb people that build gaming PCs, .. people are dumb, people are ignorant, 

I also know people who did computer science at university, got their masters degree, and now earn 4x my wage working for major banks

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.  It's like you're projecting things I haven't said onto me.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Kinda ironic how those people have a big salary still use a device with worse performance then mine.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.  It's like you're projecting things I haven't said onto me.

You said "you must know some people like that" and I was saying, yes, but they happen in every catagory

Kinda ironic how those people have a big salary still use a device with worse performance then mine.

Performance does not equal everything 

Well, that depends on how you define performance. 

You will most likely define it as your 1080p ultra 60fps, no? 

Well, they might define it as having software (both their work applications and the OS) which allows maximum productivity. Performance is not always dependent on hardware, software plays a part too. 

Performance does not equal everything 

Well what else? I have Yosemite installed on my PC, there is no Imac that can do better then my build.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well, that depends on how you define performance. 

You will most likely define it as your 1080p ultra 60fps, no? 

Well, they might define it as having software (both their work applications and the OS) which allows maximum productivity. Performance is not always dependent on hardware, software plays a part too. 

1080P 60FPS? What is this? 2008?

And bro, how many times do I have to say that I have Yosemite installed on my PC (for Logic Pro)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

1080P 60FPS? What is this? 2008?

And bro, how many times do I have to say that I have Yosemite installed on my PC (for Logic Pro)

Within a workplace, which is what you were quoting on (ShadowCaptain's reply to how less knowledgeable people use Apple products), saying that with their high salaries they're using systems which costs so much with less performance, hackintosh may not be viable. 

You have to realise that within a workplace, all of those systems have to be managed (maintenance, updates, security etc.) and so if their companies software is designed for Mac OS, having tens possibly hundreds of hackintosh systems, isn't really going to be an easy task to manage. 

You don't have to faff around with a C compiler like you do in windows. It just works on a mac.

There's also the build quality, the nice display, the keyboards and touchpads work really well.

Also, most people who buy apple products don't care about the price, if they pay X amount and get something that just works and is of a high build quality then it was money well spent. And save from people who are actually into PCs (which is a much smaller number than the internet suggests) who even upgrades parts?

-edit- I don't actually own any apple products

And, you'd have to have all machines the same with very particular hardware in to agree with hackintosh software.

Yes. And so, companies that prefer Mac OS for productivity, security, update reasons etc., will use Macs... 

Apple things are shiny. People like shiny things. Status symbol-think like a Ferrari (although Ferraris have a better justification IMO :))

$800 for the Apple Watch is highway robbery compared to stuff like the Pebble, but people (my dad and step-mom included) buy it no matter what. My computer cost the same as my dad's iMac and completely annihilates it - but he doesn't care. They're products for people that can't really be bothered to do their own electronics work/research. Look at the Android market for example- there are a few really good phones like the S6 or G4, but also some really bad Chinese knockoffs you have to watch out for. With the iPhone, you know you're always going to get a quality product (well, except the 5C-I still don't know WTF they were thinking with that cheapo plastic atrocity). Now, I don't mind doing that extra research on phones and I game on PC so Windows is sort of locked in anyways (I don't really want to change it either, if it ain't broke don't fix it), but some people don't. I also do see the appeal of a whole Apple "ecosystem-" getting messages across all your devices is cool, and there are things that are out-of-the-box that take some work to get set up on Windows/Android/others.

And yeah, they're overpriced. But you usually get what you pay for in tech, and their build quality and associated things are impeccable.

And that kids, is how Apple became the world's most valuable brand.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

Yes. And so, companies that prefer Mac OS for productivity, security, update reasons etc., will use Macs... 

Ok bro. Let's look at LMG.

It would take nearly 3 times as much to edit and render the same video on Imac 5k's then on their current workstations.

How the fuck is that "productivity"

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

It would take nearly 3 times as much to edit and render the same video on Imac 5k's then on their current workstations.

Because not all companies are rendering videos. Which is why LMG don't use Macs, and why any similar company probably wouldn't choose Macs. 

well you can`t argue with the design and build quality. and in phones at least the iphone is the golden standard

I guess because Apple just has this air around them of 'this is heavenly' or 'this is it'.

It helps because everything Apple is unified and supposedly just works.

Sig under construction.

And because LMG know that generally, to get the performance they wanted, they'd be overpaying.

Buying a Apple product is the same as buying a Alienware.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

It will entirely depend on what work you'd do on a Mac

Most companies that use Macs are Banks for  the security and efficiency it has when they record data

Macs also have cheap license fees for businesses that use servers, but this applies to growing companies though

And most companies have macs because they'll require less IT consultants because problems are easier to solve (and Apple support is still one of the best)

It will entirely depend on what work you'd do on a Mac

Most companies that use Macs are Banks for  the security and efficiency it has when they record data

Macs also have cheap license fees for businesses that use servers, but this applies to growing companies though

And most companies have macs because they'll require less IT consultants because problems are easier to solve (and Apple support is still one of the best)

Maybe in US but in Europe Apple isn't as big.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Maybe in US but in Europe Apple isn't as big.

Well, I don't live in Europe nor the US so......yeah

Let's go Asia!

Well, I don't live in Europe nor the US so......yeah

Let's go Asia!

Hey atleast Asia is better then US, so fine with me.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Please don't ignorantly bash apple/windows

This is more of a discussion thread just to understand a bit better.

My dad is an apple lover. He calls himself an apple guy. He has an iphone 6, ipad air 2, macbook pro, apple TV, and is planning to get an apple watch.. He's also waiting on the new apple TV, and is going to buy an iMac as well.

He was going to buy an apple router+expressport, but luckily I stopped him from doing that, by showing him a 10x better router for $30 cheaper.

Anyways, he is always saying his macbook is this and that, and there is some uneducated points he makes which got me thinking.

Why do people just deem apple the best?

Their support is clearly amazing. My dad took his macbook to the apple store recently cause he thought his hard drive was slow. They took about 2hours and didn't charge a dime, plus gave him some advice on why his system was slower than usual.

But for me, I built a $964 desktop and, spec wise, im beating the high-end iMac by a long shot. Plus, I'm not tied to a GPU I can't upgrade.

Like, im fucking confused.. Are people just drawn to the design and simplicity?

Is it because there are more "average" users than users who need the extra 3 gb of vRam and 2ghz more processor speed?

Please state your opinion!

Apple products aim at the average consumer, of average intelligence (thats why they are so easy to use), so the market is huge.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

First of all, lots of people think Macs are the best for creative work, because for a long time, they were. In the early 2000s Apple was the largest video editing supplier in the world, with iMovie being the first real consumer video editing option, and Final Cut making a splash on the professional side of things. Even outside of official Apple applications, Premiere and After Effects started out as Mac applications. This changed with Adobe catching up to them and the FCP X debacle of 2011. That vague air still resides around Macs, despite powerful custom built PCs making more sense if you plan on using Adobe products -- you can't even get an nVidia GPU in a Mac Pro, for instance.

Now, aside from that, ultimately I feel like Apple leaves behind standards that make sense just a little bit later, but they shoot themselves in the foot at first. The new MacBook could have made a splash if they would have waited until more Chrome books adopted USB C and went "Hey. You know USB C? We've got it in a Mac." Likewise, Apple keeps trying to come up with their own I/O and it hasn't worked out since USB caught up with FireWire. Thunderbolt was largely dead on arrival -- lots of people instead opting to plug in a MiniDisplay Port adapter for a second monitor.

Now, I don't hate Apple, I used a Mac mini as my main computer from 2013 until a couple of months ago. I just wanted to air some grievances with the direction they've gone in post-Jobs and Forstall. I have two iPod Touches, they're great, aside from the bloated application (Even the most die hard of Apple fans can agree with that), iTunes is one of the best digital distribution methods. It's just that couple with them sacrificing substance for style, or sometimes for nothing at all on more than one occasion, and generally wanting to do different things that OS X is not exactly strong at doing, I'm kind of done with them as far as computers go.

First of all, lots of people think Macs are the best for creative work, because for a long time, they were. In the early 2000s Apple was the largest video editing supplier in the world, with iMovie being the first real consumer video editing option, and Final Cut making a splash on the professional side of things. Even outside of official Apple applications, Premiere and After Effects started out as Mac applications. This changed with Adobe catching up to them and the FCP X debacle of 2011. That vague air still resides around Macs, despite powerful custom built PCs making more sense if you plan on using Adobe products -- you can't even get an nVidia GPU in a Mac Pro, for instance.

With the Adobe suite being the industry standard, people still say that Apple products are "better for creative work".

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU