So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

Here where I live, people buy Iphones for bragging rights, so if someone owns an LG G3 and the other an Iphone 4, people will be like " OH SHIT HE'S GOT AN IPHONE!!!!" and then the LG G3 guys goes on with his awesome phone...

People like apple because they buy, open and it is all waiting fo them to just use. Android phones on the other side let you customize your stuff ( Apple doesn't) and many people don't want to mind doing that.

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

The iMac 5K edition, I tried messing around with it and the animations/OS' behavior was sluggish and sloppy. Even with the R9 295M GPU, the hardware wasn't fast enough to properly handle 5K with OSX. I'm using a 4K, 2.5K, and two 1080p displays and my 780 ti doesn't chug with Windows 10 as far as opening a window, moving a window, watching a 4K video, and ect. yet I can run all the displays at the same time. So I think Apple's computers are just for looks, and doesn't have the horses to back it up.

Ayy lmaao they put a mobile version of the R9 290(X) in a All-in-one PC with minimal cooling?

That GPU probably underclocks itself like hell. 

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I'm tech savy, and the first time I used my Hackintosh for the first day I was worse then the average grandma.

Most people on this earth especially Europe never used a Mac Os so the argument "Apple products are easier to use" is completely bullshit.

You should look at how people act when they have an iphone or a Mac where I live, they can use the things but when they start with the dumb arguments as to why Apple is better, the facepalm hurts lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I'd say because of Apple's advertising, at least in the beginning

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Apple has physical stores with technicians and experts on their products.  If you buy Apple Care, their customer support and technical support rivals EVGA.  People will pay for a product if it naturally lasts longer and have a place to get things fixed.  Also their software is locked down so it's hard to corrupt.  Their coding in their OS is a bit better than windows and since they are the minority, less viruses and malware can hurt them.  Also their products and software are designed to keep up for a lot longer than regular computers (mainly laptops/tablets).

Intel Core I7-4790K 4.5GHz 1.225V, NZXT Kraken x60 AIO Cooler, EVGA Z97 FTW Board, Kingston Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ ACX GPU, Corsair Air 540 Case w/ 3x120MM & 3x140MM Cougar Red LED Fans, EVGA G1 650W 80+ Gold PSU, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Samsung UD590 4k 60Hz Monitor

to the people who mac's are easier to use. if all someone does is use browser to check facebook and email, how much harder could it really be using windows vs mac? i never understand why people say mac's are easier to use.

Its a "Lifestlyle"

With Mutuality,

A Monsterous Ugly Killing Machine From the Depths of Hell Sent by Satan Himself to Destroy all Happiness, that loves you dearly (like a friend, yeah), Jr.

I loved my old iPods, and I have a 1st Gen iPod Touch in my Car on a permanent basis as my Stereo controls it and if I tether my phone to it I can stream Pandora through it in the car. I had an iPhone 3G but after that I went Android and never looked back. I currently have a Nexus 6. As for Macs, they are only good if you format them and load Linux on them. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

It is because they are simple. People trust the brand to work and since it does they gain following.

Most people don't understand anything about computers, but they know if you buy apple you probably get the best or one of the best there is and that is good enough for majority of population.

I could not disagree more.

I myself am a tech enthusiast and a "powerhouse" user.

On my main workstation I require higher than average specs and tend to use all of the resources still (custom build).

I currently own a 24" iMac with just a 2.93ghz c2d and 4gb ram (gt120 gpu) and it's awesome for just normal tasks like small photoshop tasks and web browsing/etc.).

I also just purchased an imac for my partners birthday that's coming up and although a bit outdated (09 model with 2.4ghz c2d, 2gb ram and 9400m) it still works flawlessly for all the tasks she will ever do on it. I have put an SSD in it though, which certainly helps a whole heap due to OSX utilising a lot of "virtual ram".

My partner and myself also own iPhone 6's and they are awesome for day to day things. I dont need an android because simply all the tasks you could do on an android I would rather do on a laptop or desktop because working strenuously on such a small screen really irritates the hell out of me.

I like the iPhones simplicity and the general shape of it. The finger print sensor is also a treat because when I pull the phone out of my pocket I will press the home button with my thumb at the same time, cutting that annoying 2 seconds of punching in a passcode.

Over all, apple products are a gem to use and they have a really nice minimal look. But if it's performance you are after, you can't go past a custom build desktop.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Look at Beats by Dre, huge dominance over the designer headphone market. Why? Because they spend billions on advertising, sponsorships, and their packaging/presentation. They're made for $50 and bought for $200. Why? Because customers like the look, the clean appeal of packaging, and the name that Beats by Dre has accumulated by all their advertising.

Same with Apple. Every damn aspect is the same, although their product is far more perfected and more valuable. Anyone who argues against Apple's products, please refrain, because that company has built up a massive reputation and now has the ability to overprice their computers, tablets, and phones. Apple products are simpler, less customizable, and appeal to folks who like the aesthetics of not only the physical computer, but also the operating systems, without the options of extreme customizability. Even in Windows laptops, specs cannot be altered by a huge margin.

And the reason why so many hipsters like Apple is because their products are sleek, stylish and straightforward.

My strong support of Apple does, in no way, constitute my support of hipsters. Let that be clear.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

You don't only pay for the phone but also for the OS. iOS has way more security then Android.

However their prices are indeed a little high.

Tell that to Jennifer lawrences butt.

I personally like some of Apple's products, however the price tag and performance is sort of disappointing.

As the general consensus goes, it's because of uniformity (which is a word I don't care for) and ease.

Why I like OS X is because it looks great, it gets out of the way when you need it to and it generally offers a nice fit and finish which something I've never really experienced on Windows.

However, Windows has more flexibility (but not nearly as much as Linux) and it has better program support (far better than OS X and Linux). It's also easy to come by (unlike Linux) and is cheaper to get into (unlike OS X).

I would love for either better support on Linux or, better support on OS X and Apple to allow non Apple made hardware to purchase a license to OS X.

Of course the secondary is highly unlikely and the first well its possible but again it's unlikely.

Do quite wish Microsoft could learn from OS X, and Ubuntu to make something that has the appeal of OS X and Unity. 

Windows has never really done it for me. I kind of like 8.1 but 10 just sort of loses it again.

I guess my desktop will end up running Windows and or Ubuntu and my laptop will end up being a Mac even though I wish AMD had a mobile GPU that performed closer to the GTX 970M and that Apple would use that instead in their $2,500 laptop so then I could play World of Warcraft with around High Settings at native resolution. 

Now the reason I know LMG doesn't use Macs is because to get the performance they'll need for their workstations they're going to have to spend more on hardware when they can build a computer that will have more flexibility than a Mac Pro and most likely cost far less. However now with their rendering farm server they don't need like 5960Xs or E5 2660v3s in their workstations they can probably get away with either 5930K or 5820K and a 980 Ti and then do preliminary stuff on their workstations and then offload the harder stuff to their rendering server. Also probably personal preference.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

i would have to agree that most people like them because they are easy and simple to use, it doesn't take long to work your way around it. and possible might be the only thing that they "know" if you understand what i mean by that.

I like apple just because of the minimalistic style, build quality and customer service.

CPU i7 4770k GPU GTX980 MOTHERBOARD Asus Maximus Gene VII RAM Hyperx Savage 2x8gb STORAGE Crucial m550 512gb PSU Corsair AX760 COOLING Corsair H80i GT CASE Corsair 350D OS Windows 10 64bit KEYBOARD Logitech k810 MOUSE Logitech Performance MX

Apple is really simple and easy to use, and they crash many times less than a Windows based PC or Linux based machine. Although Linux Ubuntu Gnome 14.Something and OSX are almost the same.

I never experienced a linux crash that wasn't caused by me doing stupid things.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I use a 2015 Macbook Pro at work and I have a Windows gaming build at home. I can tell you without any bias that any argument about Mac being more stable is rubbish. My Mac freezes, crashes and needs rebooted quite often. Safari frequently forgets how to load and has to be shutdown (all the way via command+q), Outlook lags something fierce when typing every other email, and the list goes on. My point is not to bash on Mac, In fact I really love my Mac for a laptop, but to tell you that it is 100% an aesthetic and ease of use thing. The same thing holds true for the iPhone. I have had Android my entire life but when my S5 broke my job bought me an iPhone 6. I was very frustrated with how it limits what I can do but I would be lying if I said it wasn't a smooth, enjoyable experience. I now have the S6 and I actually miss the iPhone 6.

... build quality. ...

Build quality & iPhone in 1 sentence? Are you blind? 

Let's say it simple- I bought EVERY iPhone since 3GS up to 6 plus...  This means 6 (six) models through years- it's a little strange that 6 model doesn't mean 6 phones... 3gs  was replaced 2 times, 4 - 2 times, 4s- 1 time, 5 - 3 (THREE) times, 5s- 1 time and latest 6plus was replaced 2 times. I hope you remember that Apple warranty is only 1 year- all problems are in that time period...  At the end 6 models becomes 17 (SEVENTEEN) phones- where is the "build quality"? 

In same time, today I use my 5th Huawei phone (since Q4 2012) and don't even know how they handle warranty... Same thing with 3 Samsung's and 2 LG's phones- no problems at all. 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

Please don't ignorantly bash apple/windows

This is more of a discussion thread just to understand a bit better.

Apples build quality is better than any other company and some people dont use there laptop that eavily so they just dont care they just want good build quality and something that works

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Build quality & iPhone in 1 sentence? Are you blind? 

Let's say it simple- I bought EVERY iPhone since 3GS up to 6 plus...  This means 6 (six) models through years- it's a little strange that 6 model doesn't mean 6 phones... 3gs  was replaced 2 times, 4 - 2 times, 4s- 1 time, 5 - 3 (THREE) times, 5s- 1 time and latest 6plus was replaced 2 times. I hope you remember that Apple warranty is only 1 year- all problems are in that time period...  At the end 6 models becomes 17 (SEVENTEEN) phones- where is the "build quality"? 

In same time, today I use my 5th Huawei phone (since Q4 2012) and don't even know how they handle warranty... Same thing with 3 Samsung's and 2 LG's phones- no problems at all. 

Well about that. I've NEVER had an Apple product fail on me, and I've grown up with apple products and have been using macs since OS 8 or so. I only spilled boiling soup over my macbook pro's keyboard, that's the only time something broke. I've had several iPhones and never had a cracked screen, never had to replace or repair one.

In the end it also comes down to how careful the consumer is with their products?

But it's true that Safari on Yosemite sometimes "forgets" to load a webpage.

The Apple bashing in this topic is hilarious though. So is bashing any overpriced product. Nobody is forcing you to use or buy those products, the only idiots are the people that say x is better than y without giving a specific reason (aka the fanboys). Macs aren't bad, nor is windows. They both have their cons and pros. Not everyone likes iOS or OS X, but same goes for windows or android.

Heres my opinion, being an android user who switched an iphone, and a windows gamer who uses a macbook for school.

IPhone

Boy, this thing blows donkey cock. Like really? I like the UI and how smooth it is, also probably the fastest phone on the market. IIRC its gpu its on par with the other flagships, and when I put GTA SA next to my moms note 4 the iphone outshines it both in graphical fidelity and framerate. But heres the thing, nobody games on a phone. It'll kill the battery. The biggest problem with iOS is the lack of freedom the user has. The whole itunes eco system is fucking shit, if you've never used an iphone before heres what it is; you can't manually transfer files or music like a normal storage device. You have to add the videos and music to itunes and then press sync, which will then take like 10 minutes of doing god knows what. Oh, and thats before you have to turn off all the obligatory security settings (WTF??) And in the new update IT DOESN'T EVEN WORK. Ever since I first got the iphone till now I spent so much time googling. And if you want to transfer photos or word documents, I haven't even figured that out yet. I just email myself. This itunes syncing shit is horrible, counter intuitive. I just want to drag and drop my shit.

Not only that, alot of settings are hidden on the iphone or placed in a way it made sure the user can't access it easily. I guess the iphone is made for the lowest common denominator, people who just use it for what the iphone WANTS you to use it for. I can't even create folders for movies organize my files etc., iphone just makes me its bitch. 2/10

Macbook

On the contrary to that, the macbook is pretty sweet. Its almost the same as the PC, except its optimized better for mobile use. Everything feels easier to get to, there are gestures like three fingers swipe to change desktop pinch to zoom etc. that make it so much easier to use than any windows laptop. Its pretty cheap, relative to like ultrabooks and has solid build quality. Dropped it a few times, no problem.

Comparing it to my classmates chunky plastic shit laptops, Im glad I bought a macbook. It also has by far the best display and is super portable and light, so chugging it to school is no problem. Honestly the best school laptop you buy, maybe the XPS 13 if you like its design more. But its trackpad is not as good and a macbook can dual boot anyways. 10/10

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Look at Beats by Dre, huge dominance over the designer headphone market. Why? Because they spend billions on advertising, sponsorships, and their packaging/presentation. They're made for $50 and bought for $200. Why? Because customers like the look, the clean appeal of packaging, and the name that Beats by Dre has accumulated by all their advertising.

Same with Apple. Every damn aspect is the same, although their product is far more perfected and more valuable. Anyone who argues against Apple's products, please refrain, because that company has built up a massive reputation and now has the ability to overprice their computers, tablets, and phones. Apple products are simpler, less customizable, and appeal to folks who like the aesthetics of not only the physical computer, but also the operating systems, without the options of extreme customizability. Even in Windows laptops, specs cannot be altered by a huge margin.

And the reason why so many hipsters like Apple is because their products are sleek, stylish and straightforward.

My strong support of Apple does, in no way, constitute my support of hipsters. Let that be clear.

They are made for 1$ in China

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Big numbers. Much performance. If apple really likes to spice things up, they might add an x to the processor name (that adds at least an extra jigahertz of performance)

Why can't Apple deliver a phone with the specs of the S6 with Ios?

Heck the Iphone 6 is was and still is more expensive then a S6...

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU