Windows 10 proven to spy on users, regardless of settings or system tweaks.

iwasaperson

He can speak for me. And there are so many more. @AlwaysFSX, @Daring, @RH00D, @jbslayer, @atrash, @mr moose, etc. These are the people who he speaks for. We are the ones who want logic and facts to dominate over these pathetic unsubstantiated claims. And who even cares if no more than us care about these things? It is your responsibility as a poster in the news section to provide reliable sources that give accurate facts to the people who read this forum. Posting from this source that is likely to be false creates unnecessary hate toward Microsoft and its OS, something that is unneeded.

If you don't care about these things, then you have no right to be here.

I don't have any responsibilities on this site other than to follow the rules. I have already stated that I will not provide another source.

You do not get to tell me where I have the right to be. This is the internet. You do not hold that much power.

I don't have any responsibilities on this site other than to follow the rules. I have already stated that I will not provide another source.

Then no wonder people are calling you out if you're not even taking responsibility for your own threads.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

You do not get to tell me where I have the right to be. This is the internet. You do not hold that much power.

false information and clickbait scares don't help anyone, especially people with crippling anxiety like me.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Then no wonder people are calling you out if you're not even taking responsibility for your own threads.

From the words of @Colonel_Gerdauf, Cool story, bro.

From the words of @Colonel_Gerdauf, Cool story, bro.

I think I'm beginning to feel sorry for you.

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

So, you have the right to post false information and treat it as if it's fact? Cool story, bro.

So, you have the right to post false information and treat it as if it's fact? Cool story, bro.

I think I'm beginning to feel sorry for you.

Turns out I'm not too paranoid for switching to a fully free Linux distro (Parabola GNU/Linux-libre in my case) and stop using Google products, along with blocking any trackers and non-free Javascript, unless needed. I encourage anyone who cares about their privacy to at least switch to a GNU/Linux or *BSD (not including Mac OS X) distro.

I'd call that pretty paranoid. I've been trading in my privacy for online services for a while now. I don't really care, I don't have anything to hide anyway. Nothing in life is free, and while I do value personal privacy, I think my online privacy is a small price to pay in order to use Google's/win10's features.

That being said however, I wouldn't trust ubuntu if you're paranoid about your privacy. IIRC they used to send your offline search data to amazon at one point. Yes, they removed it, but they can easily add something like that again.

Then there's also ISP's gathering usage data.

Bottomline: If you really don't want to get "spied" on, throw away all your electronics and go life in the woods. Really, not even linux and 7 proxies will save you.

Finally, gimme a linux distro that runs: Creative cloud, 3DS max and all of the games I'm playing right now. There's just no incentive for me to run linux, because I wouldn't be able to do 90% of what I do with my computer. Might as well start using my phone for everything then.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

At this point I don't think there is any bit of information MS could get about me with Windows 10 that hasn't already been harvested by google (andriod, search, youtube ect), Amazon, Steam and any number of other things gathering info about me.

Well, I'm not suprised.

MS is had their biggest launch in the company's history. The biggest launch in digital history!

I don't blame MS for datamining their own OS. They need Win10 to work! It's not like other companies don't do this and if this data improves Win10, then I'm okay with it.

They probably won't "misuse" the data like commercialize/sell it. Imagine how their users would react to it.

Also if there's a company that I trust with this data, at least it's Microsoft. At least over Google or Facebook ;)

Hmm makes me feel special that someone actually seems to care what I am doing. I don't care if they want to view my screen and see what I do cause tbh I have nothing to hide. If someone really wants to watch me watch pr0n on pr0n sites that you would never dream of visiting go ahead and good for you whoever is watching, at least you and I have something in common. I guess all this screen viewing or OS spying stuff should fit right on in with the new world order stuff. To sum it up are we that f***** up to the point were we are all going to find something to complain about, some way or reason to spy on someone, just everything in general is f****** up nowadays or at least most people try to make it seem that way. God I hate it.  

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

why would they intentionally rat out the the OS their software is made for

Because for a security firm (especially those with software solutions) to bring proof and be the first with such news (and software solutions) cements them as the be all and end all goto guys for corporate consultation (where the real money is).

There is no such thing as loyalty in the business world. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

At this point I don't think there is any bit of information MS could get about me with Windows 10 that hasn't already been harvested by google (andriod, search, youtube ect), Amazon, Steam and any number of other things gathering info about me.

I don't know what is the more sad about this: the fact that you are so resigned to not having a private life, the fact that you willingly accept that you are simply an asset worth many thousands of dollars, or that you accept this value being made off of you without you seeing any of it. If your personal data means so little to you, you should at least be selling it rather than having it forcibly taken.

Honestly, I don't see the reason to worry about the OS sending stuff to Microsoft or so called "SPYING", let them see what i do or type, if I'm not doing illegal things on my PC I don't care about what is being sent to them. (sorry for bad English).

Thing is, even if I don't tell Cortana I'm going to Walmart people still know I'm there because Google not only track my position from my Nexus; it even tells everybody in my contacts...

Microsoft just wants to know how I use my keyboard? Sure, go ahead... Google already collect more data about me than Microsoft will ever do...

Do I not value my privacy? Sure I do... but eventually people will still know I'm going to Walmart even if I throw away all of my electronics... If I really want to live in private that no one will know anything about me I might as well live on an island alone... Even then, people will eventually probably know I'm on that island alone...

So, yeah... this privacy thingy is blown out of proportion now... that's how I view it...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

@GoodBytes

Given the nature of these claims, I recommend that this thread be moved to a more suitable location.  Claims made in the OP have not been sufficiently substantiated in order for this to qualify as news.

There are enough news articles to prove Windows is spying on you:

http://bgr.com/2015/08/05/window-10-privacy-settings-how-to-stop-spying/

Just type "Windows spying' on Google and all the links refer to Windows 10, weird isn't it?

At this point, Windows 7 is the new XP basically: dual booting Windows 7 and a Linux distro like Debian is the only smart thing to do I guess.

I don't have anything to hide anyway.

That's like saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Microsoft just wants to know how I use my keyboard? Sure, go ahead...

This level of nonchalance about giving a company that is made up of human individuals of various shades of moral integrity access to both your internet banking history and a keylogger covering the session you used to access it is incomprehensible.

"If I have nothing to hide I have nothing to fear" is a complete fallacy. You do have things you should be hiding.

That's like saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.

I don't have anything to hide. That's why I don't have locks on my doors. Hell I don't have doors. Come in, park yourself in my room while I'm trying to sleep. Watch me shower, I have nothing to hide.

I have not found such files on my own windows device. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

This level of nonchalance about giving a company that is made up of human individuals of various shades of moral integrity access to both your internet banking history and a keylogger covering the session you used to access it is incomprehensible.

"If I have nothing to hide I have nothing to fear" is a complete fallacy. You do have things you should be hiding.

I don't have anything to hide. That's why I don't have locks on my doors. Hell I don't have doors. Come in, park yourself in my room while I'm trying to sleep. Watch me shower, I have nothing to hide.

Until somebody come and show me Windows 10 actually logs character by character of your keyboard pressings including passwords and sends them to their server, I'd say these are blown out of proportions....

I never say I have nothing to hide so I have nothing to fear. There are things that I want to hide but as far as I am concerned, nothing that I want to hide is revealed. Sure, if there's proof they are logging passwords and credit card numbers I would kill Win10 immediately but if all they are collecting is I'm paying my bills, well I can just go out and pay the bills while my neighbors see me going out paying bills.

Google invaded privacy way worse, yet I see no one speaks about it.

Not to mention this is rumor coming from very unreliable source...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

Ubuntu WOULD be my main operating system if I didn't spend that much money on Windows only titles on Steam...

He can speak for me. And there are so many more. @AlwaysFSX, @Daring, @RH00D, @jbslayer, @atrash, @mr moose, etc. These are the people who he speaks for. We are the ones who want logic and facts to dominate over these pathetic unsubstantiated claims. And who even cares if no more than us care about these things? It is your responsibility as a poster in the news section to provide reliable sources that give accurate facts to the people who read this forum. Posting from this source that is likely to be false creates unnecessary hate toward Microsoft and its OS, something that is unneeded.

If you don't care about these things, then you have no right to be here.

You didn't invite me into the rational club? Fine. I'll go make my own club. It will be exactly like your club, except our tree house will be a lot sweeter than yours, and it will have a mini fridge. My mom is also gonna make us pizza rolls for lunch too, and you can't have any.

On a more serious note, This is getting out of hand. I've searched quite a while to find other more prominent sources to validate these claims, to no avail. I've instead decided to ask my father and brother to look into it, since my father is works as a programmer for a living, and my brother is a network security expert. Though, i am not going to hold my breath.

On one hand, we already know MS collects user information. This is believed to be for targeted ads (they even say this up front to people, but apparently, people are incapable of reading these days). On the other hand, it would be quite easy for them to reach beyond that scope. While i am not going to say MS is not collecting more than their "fair share" of information, i am not going to treat this article as a fact when it is clearly not. Before something can be considered concrete, we must have more than one article from a sketchy site making claims. Any site that uses this site as its sole source does not count.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Ubuntu WOULD be my main operating system if I didn't spend that much money on Windows only titles on Steam...

And you wouldn't have your privacy there either.  Anyone who expects full privacy anymore in this day is a fool, your best option is to only stop people who can be close to you from seeing your stuff.

If you use facebook, twitter, or any smartphone, and you're complaining about this, you may be yelling at the wrong people here.