MSI Unveils Their New Z170 Gaming Motherboards

Oshino Shinobu

Yep. MSI had some ones that were pretty close. Like the X99 SLI Plus. Shame they never did a similar one for Z97

I'd love to have the option to buy a board that matches my case but I guess I'm just going to replace the side panel with one that doesn't have any windows or vents and do some fun modding with the orange trim on my case..

still w8ing for krait edition :D:D:D:D

2u55lcl.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Why are they using XCOM for their promo?

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Still no prices ? :(

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Ugh, black and red. Please no, MSI.

This gaming branding is bullshit and they should stop it.

People shit on Read/Black theme too much.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Pieces of Art.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

2u55lcl.jpg

Ahh PCI, for all your Parallel connector needs:

15-124-055-03.jpg

WHY? Why is that a thing on any motherboard in 2015? Does it have VGA too?

As for the boards in the OP: THANK YOU MSI for having 2x M.2 connectors! No one really needs standard ATX boards anymore, but at least the space is taken advantage of with dual M.2 slots. Very nice. Would love to see more mATX boards, and high end ITX boards with raised sound card and VRM like the ASUS one.

Too bad the colour on the actual PCB is ripped from Asus. Be more original please.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Step 1: Buy MSI Motherboard

Step 2: Remove the armor

Step 3: Spraypaint out the red

Step 4: re-attach the armor

Step 5: Build PC.

I really dig the m9 ACK! 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

15-124-055-03.jpg

As for the boards in the OP: THANK YOU MSI for having 2x M.2 connectors! No one really needs standard ATX boards anymore, but at least the space is taken advantage of with dual M.2 slots. Very nice. Would love to see more mATX boards, and high end ITX boards with raised sound card and VRM like the ASUS one.

Too bad the colour on the actual PCB is ripped from Asus. Be more original please.

Lolol. Maybe they should change the shape aswell. You know, to be original.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

-snip-

I can use my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS or my SCSI Raid controller :D (I am being totally legit if you don't believe me ;) )

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Some of Asrocks boards are also out... Also sexy. Waiting for Asus ROG they have some serious competition

-snip-

Eugh, there's too many Black/red boards. I was hoping that Z170 would be the one to break away from the black/red trend, but it seems not. 

EDIT: The orange on the Z170 Extreme looks quite nice in terms of layout, but it looks sort of washed out. Not sure if it's just the picture, or if that's the actual colour. 

Eugh, there's too many Black/red boards. I was hoping that Z170 would be the one to break away from the black/red trend, but it seems not. 

EDIT: The orange on the Z170 Extreme looks quite nice in terms of layout, but it looks sort of washed out. Not sure if it's just the picture, or if that's the actual colour. 

Even though I am a fan of the red and black you are right. For orange your forced with gigabyte. For yellow asrock. There are no green. Only 2 white motherboards.I don't even know if there will be any blue ones with the new extreme motherboards. And the rest are all red and black which makes me feel like we have no diversity. However many people still are buying them. I don't hate red and black its my preferred color scheme yet its so common it gets boring sometimes.

Needs more orange. :(

Yeah, it's disappointing, but it sells. A company needs to release a board with interchangeable coloured parts. 

Orange would sell better I think because Red and Black , no matter how bright the red is , is still kind of " Dark " . Orange/black theme would be amazing , especially with Sapphire cards  :wub:

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Black out boards :wub:

Marvelous  :wub: ... Now imagine White Hyper X RAM , White coolant , white case and a white Graphics card ....  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Marvelous  :wub: ... Now imagine Black Hyper X RAM , Black coolant , black case and a black Graphics card ....  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

- snippet -

:ph34r:  :wub:    Sick and luscious = @Slick  :wub:  :ph34r:

15-124-055-03.jpg

Some people still have pretty good PCI sound cards and possible other cards they need to use. I heard VGA is completely removed, but mobo makers can add it if they want.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another generation of black and red :(

. Ikr I have black and white and I'm waiting on a krait edition or something. I hate red. I like all black tho