Tech you wouldn't reccomend to anyone

techswede

I have a SteelSeries H Wireless headset and it's the best headset I've owned.

My Razer Kraken Pro headset wasn't that good... one ear stopped working (hence the purchase of the H Wireless)

That is what happened with my Siberia V2's

1 95% of Corsair CWT PSU's....especially the CX line.

2 Foxconn....ew

Have fun avoiding Foxconn, they're only the OEM for like 80% of electronics (exaggerating....but they're the OEM for many many things).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Have fun avoiding Foxconn, they're only the OEM for like 80% of electronics (exaggerating....but they're the OEM for many many things).

Lol Foxconn make everything, even down the the CPU socket on most, if not all major and minor motherboards. (Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, ECS, ASrock etc).

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Samsung smart tv's, we have one, youtube etc sometime disappear and wont open(they should really use android based operating system) and the wifi card is utter bullshit.

Any laptop, seriously their lifespan is around 1 year, not all but still, the cheaper/500ish one's

s t u f f

Spoiler

i7-5960x | 32Gb 2400Mhz | Titan Xp | Define R6 | Custom Loop

Samsung smart tv's, we have one, youtube etc sometime disappear and wont open(they should really use android based operating system) and the wifi card is utter bullshit.

Any laptop, seriously their lifespan is around 1 year, not all but still, the cheaper/500ish one's

Smart TVs just need to die. All I want is a simple TV with great picture, at least two HDMI inputs, a third HDMI/DP input, and a small remote with only the useful buttons and not all the bullshit. 

/Pro-tip: Avoid cheap shit

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Smart TVs just need to die. All I want is a simple TV with great picture, at least two HDMI inputs, a third HDMI/DP input, and a small remote with only the useful buttons and not all the bullshit.

/Pro-tip: Avoid cheap shit

I would say smart TVs aren't ready yet...they are inherently terrible but they are inconsistent with oses that can go out of style and lose app support in 2 years leaving users high and dry. Ie it's an unstable thing right now...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I would say smart TVs aren't ready yet...they are inherently terrible but they are inconsistent with oses that can go out of style and lose app support in 2 years leaving users high and dry. Ie it's an unstable thing right now...

Or a built-in chromecast esque device which will let me stream netflix/other stuff (or simply mirror/extend from a tablet/phone/PC). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Any Apple product. Whoever said the iPhone 6 was the same price as the flagship Android phones from Samsung and HTC must've gotten a really good deal. Right now, months after release the iPhone 6 off contract is $350 and that's just for the measly 16GB model. The LG G4 is $200 for 32GB, the GS6 32GB is $200 and the HTC One M9 32GB is $230.

$350 compared to $200 is actually quite a bit and it only gets worse off contract. Not only that but the specs of the Android phones are all miles above the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.

I'll also always have a beef with Macbooks. I can't even count how many friends, family, etc wanted a cheapy laptop for school, web browsing, etc. They spend like $300 on the shittiest Windows laptop in existence. After complaining for years about how much of a pos 'PCs' are they go out and buy a $1400+ Macbook and just adore it for how good it is.

Comparing a $300 laptop to a $1400 one is just ridiculous to me but by the time they use the Macbook, Apple's marketing kicks in and they're now "Apple Sheep" for life lol. I have no issue per se with having a Macbook but most Apple users have a blanket statement of "Android is shit" and "PCs are shit." 

Superlux HD668b. They sound fine, but are really uncomfortable and feel really cheap. Sometimes sound quality isn't everything.

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

This is a thread where you can share your most laughably bad tech purchase that you really did not enjoy.

Rules

1. You must explain why the item you are warning people about is bad enough to avoid.

2. Posters should at least read the rules..

My item that i'd reccomend avoiding is the Sandstrom S2DABB11E clock radio

3fAniHC.png

Why:

Problems began straight out of the box. The volume knob also handles the radio station selection. So if you try to increase the volume but you turn either too slowly or too fast then the station you were listening to is gone.

The standby button works when it wants to. It always turns on.. But you can't always turn it off.

The alarm function either ends up blaring the alarm signal out and won't turn off until you rip the cord out of the wall in a fit of rage. Or it will play it as a whisper which is of no use to anyone.

The clock resets at least once a month when you least expect it.

Very prone to picking up russian or polish radio when it is turned off. And of course it gets minnessota public radio easier than a local channel.

At midnight last night it just decided to let out a shrill long beep for no freaking reason.

90$ poorly spent and the receipt is long gone so i can't return it

So what is yours?

A console. Jk. no like a monitor that has a response time over 6ms. even 6ms is pushing it. 

Any TV that advertises over 60fps. It's all post-processing and such BS. If you try and game one one, your eyes will start bleeding.

Gaming at high settings on anything less than an 850M. I swear, the people I know who live in total denial that their laptop is not meant for high-end gaming...

Macs. For the average consumer, they're fine if you're into that whole walled-garden thing. If you're actually trying to get some real work done, get a workstation PC. The iMac my parents insisted was wonderful used a seagate drive, and every time it died it was replaced with another seagate drive. I'm pretty sure that's the definition of insanity.

The iPhone 6. Really? I spend $4-500 on a phone and you give me ONE measly GB of RAM? Are you high? Is this 2012? This is why I never buy iPhones, because my Zenfone 2 has 4x that amount and costs half as much as phones it is toe-to-toe with. AND it's off contract.

Samsung 840 Evo SSDs.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS!

edit - The algorithm bug, there is not any permanent fix, is renders the drive useless it is in every single drive and affects users only based on how often they write data. Samsung has released multiple fixes all of which are only ever temporary. It is in all EVO series (excluding the new 850 Evo) and some -I don't know which- of their mSATA SSDs.

Basically the drive is a time bomb and you can't know if you'll get a paperweight or when it will become one.

Thanks god it's only 840's and below, cuz I'm planning on buying a 850EVO 500GB

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

• CS:GO: Cancer/10

u cod boi?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

There is nothing wrong with AMD GPU's is there CPU's that are garbage.

That's because AMD is for people with budgets.

I have an A10-5700 3.4GHz and it runs fine. The FX series are not rubbish and they're indeed very capable.

Also, I wouldn't recommend Apple products.

They go obsolete within 1-2 years. (Depending on what it is)

Not only that but the specs of the Android phones are all miles above the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.

And FX cpu's are superior to an i7 in every way, after all more and higher clocked cores are better. How about we stop with the already proved-to-be flawed bullshit comparisons. The iPhone easily holds it's own with all the current flagships in terms of performance.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

And FX cpu's are superior to an i7 in every way, after all more and higher clocked cores are better. How about we stop with the already proved-to-be flawed bullshit comparisons. The iPhone easily holds it's own with all the current flagships in terms of performance.

Intel constantly outdoes AMD in every way in gaming benchmarks period. Specifications of a phone is more than just clock speeds of a processor and RAM. I'm talking about the fact that Android phones have a higher res screen, NFC, quick charging, wireless charging, the list goes on and on. I don't care about RAM as ya Android phones are now starting to run 4GB of RAM but an iPhone performs well with 1GB.

It's the fact that a ton of people idolize iPhones as if they're the end all be all phone when they lack a ton of features Android has for years in advance. Then when Apple comes out with said feature like wireless charging and call it some marketing genius name, every iSheep will be snarky and ask "My iPhone 10 has wireless charging - have you heard of it?!?!".

Android phones have:

1. a higher res screen
  2. NFC
  3. quick charging
  4. wireless charging

1. Useless, even Linus himself said it's pointless at this point, and he's not wrong. 

2. Not standardized enough yet to matter. 

3. Only a handful of phones actually support it, plus the smaller battery in the iPhone charges quite quickly anyway (not that it being a small battery is good thing). 

4. There are what....three phones that actually support wireless charging? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

That's because AMD is for people with budgets.

I have an A10-5700 3.4GHz and it runs fine. The FX series are not rubbish and they're indeed very capable.

Also, I wouldn't recommend Apple products.

They go obsolete within 1-2 years. (Depending on what it is)

coming from a guy who currently OWNS an AMD cpu. They r rubbish IMO

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

u cod boi?

Iffy hit detection at times

Easily hacked

Commonly hacked to shit

Large player base of cancerous toxic players

Skins system that spread to even TF2

Large number of hopelessly unbalanced maps

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

1. Useless, even Linus himself said it's pointless at this point, and he's not wrong. 

2. Not standardized enough yet to matter. 

3. Only a handful of phones actually support it, plus the smaller battery in the iPhone charges quite quickly anyway (not that it being a small battery is good thing). 

4. There are what....three phones that actually support wireless charging? 

I'm not debating anything other than that iPhones are overhyped so to say how amazing they are is wrong. I'm not belittling them. If a car was more expensive but way worse on gas, not as fast and lacking tech features and people said it was the best car ever then ya I'm going to say it's not as good as the competition. An iPhone is more expensive for less everything, it doesn't matter if that everything is marginal or not, used often or not used often, it ISN'T as good period. 

Don't buy any AMD products, no AMD GPUs or CPUs. They overheat and the software is bad. Nvidia is better

Corsair products are cheapo and suck so don't buy those.

Coolermaster is bad too, they have cheap plastic cases.

Gigabyte has rip off motherboards that break in a month.

Razer is about the only good brand.

/s

Aerocool fans are really the worst, seriously. I had all 4 break on me.

yeah. AMD suck serious eggs and should burn in a fire. 

oh wait. 

they already catch fire anyway. 

ohh sic bern. 

/s 

also seriosuly aerocool fans are terrible. you hit the bull's eye there. 

Anything made by Apple. 

not because thier products suck. 

(except thier more recent laptops) 

not because their OS is shit. 

but because while they are one of MANY companies who outsource to kids in other countries to make thier procucts, and they're the probably the one of 2 companties who can do something about it. and dont. 

not to say i dont prefer this over those kids/people working -other jobs-

just a little insight on life in not-so-fourtinate (fuck spelling) countries. 

family is poor. family has no one suitible for physical work. family makes sure one of their children never gets out of shape and sends them off to serve bars naked (again, under aged) for people. while the other kids fight with dogs and goats on hills of garbage for food. 

yeah. 

ANYWAY. 

Fan controllers

What, your motherboard doesn't have fan headers? YOU WANT TO MANUALLY SET YOU FAN SPEEDS CONSTANTLY?

i can agree with this. 

if you have two intake fans on the front of your case run them off a splitter from one header. 

although there are some fan controllers that you can setup with software cause they connect though USB/SATA and/or have a build in ''OS'' where you can customize depending on case tempurate and what not. 

anyway. 

i always run a system with so few fans that its like.... 1 intake, 1 exhaust, CPU fan... and the fan(s) on my GPU... which are put into a built in header on the GPU PCB... so i only need three fan headers. 

(this is in an mATX/ATX case. i just dont need to run all that much airflow. ) 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

okay how the actaul fuck did it turn into an AMD hate section in this thread? 

GREEAAAT. i go on hiatus just for this and the second i come back first topic i reply to is something where someone says an AMD cpu is crap. 

very happy i came back. ya know. 

/s

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Quadro cards

Tesla cards

non 80+ Bronze or higher PSUs

Apple products

Samsung PHONES (their phones, every single one ive tried, sucked. Their tabs are decent, but leaves a lot to be improved. I got my second samsung tab now and well, they got a way to go still)

XBOX (cuz it always underperforms compared to PS4 even with same hardware).

Nintendo WII and newer iterations (Nintendo is dead. They're just rebranding stuff repeatedly for years now. Innovation is completely dead)

Wtf... You do realize those are professional cards right...