Windows 10 box art makes it on the web

GoodBytes

The guys from Winfuture.de claim to have gotten their hands on Windows 10 box art design.

Windows-10-Boxshots-1436615442-0-12.jpg

It seams that Microsoft return bad to the simplistic rectangle box design, and not a return to the Vista/Win7 round corner design, or Windows 8 more square design box.

The box shows the image of the Windows 10 in its final form with Windows 10 new wallpaper named: Hero.

The Pro version of Windows 10 box is in purple, with the purple wallpaper (although not available, at least in the Insider Preview builds. we have it blue)

Windows-10-Boxshots-1436611415-0-9.jpg

And the regular version of Windows 10 box is in blue.

Windows-10-Boxshots-1436611428-0-9.jpg

It seams that the box design is a DVD slip case design.

Of course, like all leaks, this might not be the final design of the box.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/images-of-windows-10-box-art-make-their-way-to-the-internet

Microsoft did videos on the new Hero wallpaper, if you are interested:

So what do you think of these box arts? Do you think Microsoft should change them? Do you think this will be the final design?

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I'm fine with them, imo they look noice.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

looks great

way better than my win7 dvd case lol

DSCF1100.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i think most people are gonna get this OS over the wire, so the box is kinda irrelevant 

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

Looks can be decieving. but not this box art! :D

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

looks great

way better than my win7 dvd case lol

That is the OEM box I believe.

OEM will always be ugly.

OEM will always be ugly.

:C

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

OEM will always be ugly.

I read that OEM is tied to the first motherboard you install it on?

Because I've upgraded motherboards and used the same license key with no issues...

Spoiler

Well to be honest. The box doesn't matter to me, just the OS.

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

I like minimalistic designs.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Not bad.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I read that OEM is tied to the first motherboard you install it on?

Because I've upgraded motherboards and used the same license key with no issues...

This is off topic, but to quickly answer, you are correct. System Builder OEM license of Windows (the one we can buy, and not the OEM OEM version from Dell. HP, etc)  is tied to the motherboard.

If the motherboard is not too different, you may get away from this, but you are slipped through a crack. But while it works, doesn't make it legal, as the per the terms and condition that you agreed upon.

Microsoft does allow (via phone activation) to transfer System Builder OEM license if your previous motherboard broke, and you can't find the same one again.  We don't know if they are any changes to the license agreement for Windows 10. But it should remain fairly the same.

Actual OEM version of Windows (what Dell, HP, Acer, etc.. has), those one are really locked in there. The product key is stored on the UEFI chip.

I like it, it's cool and futurey looking

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Purple !!!! 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Looks ok, I like minamalistic look when done right.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

[deleted]

I prefer the windows 8 boxart a lot more 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

much art on the box

no art in the actual windows 

Windows_10_Recycling_Bin_Evolution_Build

This is the art of getting worse at every try its a new form of art ;) 

Those irregular square bin lines, i cringe everytime.

bcuz purple

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Why are people calling this minimalist? I think it looks very cluttered and it doesn't even have the Windows logo on it.

I liked the Windows 8 box more. This kind of feels desperate with the whole "hey look we put the start menu back!".

Oh well. The box art isn't really that important anyway.