[Confirmed] Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to PS4!

Source: http://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-ps4-annouced-e3-2015/

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/15/final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-coming-to-playstation-4/

Final-Fantasy-VII-2-635x476.jpg

Siliconera claims that a legit Final Fantasy VII remake will be announced for PS4 at E3 2015. Siliconera does seem quite the reputable source when it comes to Japanese gaming. It is currently unknown whether the announcement will come during Sony’s E3 2015 press conference or Square Enix’ own briefing. There is a possibility that Sony is funding the project, as Square Enix has previously stated that it would be too expensive for them to do it on their own. The remake is being done to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the game.

I'm hoping this is true but considering how SE has been screwing over its fans lately...

idontbelieveyou.gif

UPDATE: 

OMG its happening  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Seems like its going to be a timed exclusive, will it come to PC?

Edited by Pohernori

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Cool. Maybe it'll make the original FF7 real cheap :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Then maybe (maybe) I'd play it. I cannot stand the graphics and camera angles of the original.

Cool. Maybe it'll make the original FF7 real cheap :)

Lol I doubt it, SE has already said that they are lacking the money to remake the game. I can't imagine that the remake will sell cheaply  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yeah i doubt yet hope it will come, i mean FFS they wasted cash re releasing Final Fantasy X

Out of all the games...THAT ONE !?!?!? u wot m8?? 

Well it is the legendary FF7... 

I'd rather they not remake it. We all know what SE does to games it "remakes", or rather what they have been doing to FFVII. And that is butchering the story and characters in order to milk as much out of people as possible.

So I hope it isn't true if it isn't just a graphical "remake"

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

i lost track of playing FF from 1-6...havent played 7 and up.lol
dissidia, yeah

perhaps i'll go marathon again because of this

Iirc they said they won't make a remake until they make a game that can top it. Now were they trolling?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I only see sqeenix as mobile/handheld devs at best, and/or a holding company that sucks the life out of whomever they acquire at worst.

The "IDon'tBelieveYou.gif" sums up my thoughts perfectly.

I'm hoping this is true but considering how SE has been screwing over its fans lately...

"Lately" doesn't seem to quite describe 15 or so years.  More like a tradition by now IMO.

I only see sqeenix as mobile/handheld devs at best, and/or a holding company that sucks the life out of whomever they acquire at worst.

The "IDon'tBelieveYou.gif" sums up my thoughts perfectly.

"Lately" doesn't seem to quite describe 15 or so years.  More like a tradition by now IMO.

The Japanese devs really don't give a shit  :lol:

The Japanese devs really don't give a shit  :lol:

I would be more inclined to believe that it's more of an old people thing then a race thing.  Yet even then I don't think that's it.  I suspect it is more along the lines of a management/strategy issue I, and I assume most, have with them.  Either way, very little has come out of square proper or sqeenix core in the last decade that has been of interest to me, a north american jrpg fan with PC/console.

They had a hell of a run in the 90s though.

they either too dumb, or too afraid

they could do that already if they want to

I mean... Tomb Raider already prove they can, and it's selling well too.

I would be more inclined to believe that it's more of an old people thing then a race thing.  Yet even then I don't think that's it.  I suspect it is more along the lines of a management/strategy issue I, and I assume most, have with them.  Either way, very little has come out of square proper or sqeenix core in the last decade that has been of interest to me, a north american jrpg fan with PC/console.

They had a hell of a run in the 90s though.

My guess is that they're more interested in local acceptance. But even that has changed through the years... 

they either too dumb, or too afraid

they could do that already if they want to

I mean... Tomb Raider already prove they can, and it's selling well too.

Crystal Dynamics pulled one heck of a surprise out of their hat there.  Not sure how much credit I'd extend to square there myself (None in other words).

Hmmm...Id probably prefer if they made a remake of FFIX tbh - my favourite game of all time. To be frank, whilst I do believe that FFVII is a wonderful game, I believe it's actually been a tad hyped up - IX is, according to me, superior in every way (but that's just me). 
PS: I actually loved the FFX remake that they made. Played the whole game on my Vita. Really don't enjoy X-II though...

Case Define r3 CPU 3930k GPU EVGA GTX 780 RAM 16GB Vengeance PSU Corsair HX750W SSD Samung 840 Evo 500GB + Corsiar Force 120GB + Samsung 840 250GB HDD 2x WD Blue 1TB + Seagate 2TB Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 Monitor Asus MG279 Headphones Sennheiser HD700 + Beyerdynamic T51p + Sennheiser ie80 Microphone Rode Podcaster  DAC/Amp Denon DA-USB300 + Schiit Valhalla 

I've been playing FF6 on my phone recently and it still looks good, but man FF7 aged pretty badly

I seriously don't understand all the rage about FFVII, it's a good game don't get me wrong but I think there are much better games in the series in terms of; themes, story, music, combat and graphics (for the era of release). I'd rather just see new IP's rather than any remakes tbh. 

Source: http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/15/final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-finally-coming/

GamesBeat's sources have confirmed that Final Fantasy VII is being remade and will be revealed at Sony's E3 conference (which takes place in about an hour). 

I guess we will know for 100% if this is real very soon, but I think GamesBeat's post is correct. A FF7 remake is something that fans have been wanting for many years now, and I think Square Enix will finally listen. If and when it is announced at Sony's press conference, I will update this post with more info and the inevitable trailer that will follow. 

COMIC SANS

FINALLY!!!!

Best game from my childhood and one of the greatest games ever created finally being remade!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

meh. if square wants to shine then they need to start reinventing jRPGs instead of rehashing 20 year old titles.