[Confirmed] Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to PS4!

they only shows a footage that already been "realized" in 2005

that was decades ago

and people get hype

bring that level of design into game

they can use FF XIII engine for the remake, and call it a day.

I really don't understand how japanese company think

other company are milking their IP to the death and keep doing remakes (capcom, RE Series)

and the other one refuse to acknowledge what people wants.

http://steamspy.com/app/39140800k people bought the damn same game that they probably owned and complete years ago.

that was decades ago

and people get hype

other company are milking their IP to the death and keep doing remakes (capcom, RE Series)

http://steamspy.com/app/39140800k people bought the damn same game that they probably owned and complete years ago.

As far as I can remember those scenes were not in AV.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

ofcourse not, game is prequel of AV
Point is that is CGI cutscene using same engine (with improvement here and there), there's no gameplay footage.

Seems like its going to be a timed exclusive, will it come to PC?

i thought square enix already released FF7 HD on Steam... am i wrong ?

wait are they gonna remake FF7 completely with new engine or is it just a remaster to HD ?

that was decades ago

and people get hype

Decades ago? 2005 was only 10 years ago, that is one decade, not multiple...

ofcourse not, game is prequel of AV

Point is that is CGI cutscene using same engine (with improvement here and there), there's no gameplay footage.

Yes true. People are hyped because it's actually happening, I'm with them, but I want to see some gameplay (TGS probably) . And I think it has a high chance of using the Luminous Studio, the same engine XV uses.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

This remake is going to have to be a really different game from the PS1 version.

There is a ton of goofy shit in the PS1 version that would be really out of place in a game that has realistic looking people and serious art style.

I had wished they had done a chibi looking remake to FF7 in the style they used for the FF3 and 4 remakes.

I think that style is flexible enough to let you do serious story beats and goofy and funny beats in the same game.

i thought square enix already released FF7 HD on Steam... am i wrong ?

wait are they gonna remake FF7 completely with new engine or is it just a remaster to HD ?

What does the word "remake" sound like to you?  ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Hold ya horses guys it's going to be released in 2017 TROLOLOLOLOLOL

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

This remake is going to have to be a really different game from the PS1 version.

There is a ton of goofy shit in the PS1 version that would be really out of place in a game that has realistic looking people and serious art style.

I had wished they had done a chibi looking remake to FF7 in the style they used for the FF3 and 4 remakes.

I think that style is flexible enough to let you do serious story beats and goofy and funny beats in the same game.

Like what? Moogles? Chocobos?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Like what? Moogles? Chocobos?

Tifa-ffvii-field.png

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Final Fantasy VII was really fun and cool when I was 12.

I'm not 12 anymore.  This will probably be mediocre at best.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Then maybe (maybe) I'd play it. I cannot stand the graphics and camera angles of the original.

Wow, how old are you actually?

This makes me feel old...

Wow, how old are you actually?

This makes me feel old...

Soon 17... But seriously I can play games like Red Faction released in 2000.

i wish they'd change the buster sword to be the one in Crisis Core. i like that one much better

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Tifa-ffvii-field.png

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Her shoulder boulders? Or Tifa herself? :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Her shoulder boulders? Or Tifa herself? :lol:

The whole thing itself, but to be fair it was pretty advanced back in the day. By today's standards its just laughable  :lol:

The whole thing itself, but to be fair it was pretty advanced back in the day. By today's standards its just laughable  :lol:

I don't understand. You mean graphically? Well they will definitely be changing that. I thought you just meant her boobs were ridiculous (though certainly not impossible).  xD

I don't understand. You mean graphically? Well they will definitely be changing that. I thought you just meant her boobs were ridiculous (though certainly not impossible).  xD

The polygon count, the textures and yea the tits :B

The polygon count, the textures and yea the tits :B

Well of course they'd change the polygon count and textures. And the boobs are realistic. Many women have huge boobs...

Ooohh, Oooohhhh.... Memories.

Shame we most likely won't get a PC version. I would actually buy it.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Ooohh, Oooohhhh.... Memories.

Shame we most likely won't get a PC version. I would actually buy it.

Considering SE's current PC push I wouldn't be surprised if we did see one. They say PS4 first so that confirms it's multiplatform.

Well of course they'd change the polygon count and textures. And the boobs are realistic. Many women have huge boobs...

Change the polygon count and textures? They're remaking the whole game! but I wonder, will they use character models from advent children?  :huh: