[Confirmed] Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to PS4!

Change the polygon count and textures? They're remaking the whole game! but I wonder, will they use character models from advent children?  :huh:

With Nomura as character designer of course they will.

Change the polygon count and textures? They're remaking the whole game! but I wonder, will they use character models from advent children?  :huh:

Yes, I know that. xD

Unlikely. Looks like whole new character models. Barret and Cloud are noticeable younger and thinner looking.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Oh yeah, I really hope the music in the game stays the same (like the same songs and such) but is of significantly higher quality.

I wonder if they will change things like the healing sound, attack sounds, etc.. as well

I disagree so very much.  Do you remember how many days you spend in the gold saucer?

They can absolutely add a ton of tracks to a remake, and as long as they fit in it'll just be better.

several hours of this almost justifies going on a murderous carny rage.

I used this as my alarm clock audio for a few months.  It was effectively annoying enough to get me into a spiteful hate-filled awake state.

I'm super okay with changing, or more specifically adding to the music.

Ooohh, Oooohhhh.... Memories.

Shame we most likely won't get a PC version. I would actually buy it.

It is going to multiple platforms. PC definitely, Xbox most likely.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

FFVII Remake... now with more belts and zippers in high definition.

I forgot just how much I hate Tetsuya Nomura's designs.  It was acceptable when FFVII came out due to low-res polygons and he was still somewhat under control then. 

And then just gradually got worse from there (Lulu's belt skirt anyone?)

Whatever.  I'M BUYING IT! :lol:

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Like what? Moogles? Chocobos?

In the original characters would bounce around with excitement while fast paced Benny Hill~ish music played, do goofy little dances, there were several instances of slap stick humor such as things like washboards falling on peoples heads (a Japanese thing kind of like what a pie in the face would be in western countries).

There is the whole Cloud dressing up as a girl / Honey Bee in / Don Corneo (several Don Corneo scenes), many scenes with Yuffie, many things in The Golden Saucer, Cait Sith is just weird in general, Dr Hojo is pretty odd, many of the mini games, and lots of little things during conversations throughout.

FF7 can be quite goofy and weird.

I feel that the chibi style used in the FF 3 and 4 remakes is more flexible with what you can get away with.

While serious darker story and events might have a little more impact with a more realistic visual style I feel many comedy styles are pretty hindered with the darker and more realistic visual style.

In the original characters would bounce around with excitement while fast paced Benny Hill~ish music played, do goofy little dances, there were several instances of slap stick humor such as things like washboards falling on peoples heads (a Japanese thing kind of like what a pie in the face would be in western countries).

There is the whole Cloud dressing up as a girl / Honey Bee in / Don Corneo (several Don Corneo scenes), many scenes with Yuffie, many things in The Golden Saucer, Cait Sith is just weird in general, Dr Hojo is pretty odd, many of the mini games, and lots of little things during conversations throughout.

FF7 can be quite goofy and weird.

I feel that the chibi style used in the FF 3 and 4 remakes is more flexible with what you can get away with.

While serious darker story and events might have a little more impact with a more realistic visual style I feel many comedy styles are pretty hindered with the darker and more realistic visual style.

They were meant to be dancing. They had to exaggerate the movements because they couldn't actually show what was going on. As for the music and everything...you'd have them change the game them. If you didn't like those aspects of the game then you didn't like the game. Those parts were just fine, it fit FFVII just fine.

Conversations being defined is a good thing, so I agree about that.

Currently playing Crisis Core FF VII on my PSP and holy balls, its amazing.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

i thought square enix already released FF7 HD on Steam... am i wrong ?

wait are they gonna remake FF7 completely with new engine or is it just a remaster to HD ?

It was basically just somewhat improved graphics, this is a complete remake, not just an improvement in graphics.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The FF7 PC version / Steam version also has MIDI soundtracks. <_<

I got a mod for the PSX tracks.

on that note... I'm listening to "J-E-N-O-V-A" track from the FF7 OST album. :D

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Probably the same thing lookswise with perhaps better cutscenes. That's how their remakes have always been.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Probably the same thing lookswise with perhaps better cutscenes. That's how their remakes have always been.

If it's an anthology thing, I'm so out.  Not at all what I would call a remake.  I think they've flipped that burger way too many times on a dozen platforms already.