[Confirmed] Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to PS4!

>650,000$ for Shenmue already, Last Guardian has an official release window of 2016 now. 

I'll believe it when it's on my PS4 and I'm playing it.

But that Horizon Zero Dawn tho. Looks like Dinosaurs will be the new zombie.\

Man, it also reminded me of Zoids. I miss my childhood.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

hope they dont fuck this up, I still keep my ps2 just for this game

Its all about those volumetric clouds

i dont think its just ps4

PS4 first. Aka Sony spent an ass load of money to make it a timed exclusive. It will likely come to the XB1 and possibly PC sometime later.

But that Horizon Zero Dawn tho. Looks like Dinosaurs will be the new zombie.\

Man, it also reminded me of Zoids. I miss my childhood.

That looks like ps4's answer to the xbox's ReCore  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

If it doesn't come to PC, then I don't care, I'll just go buy a PS4 just so I can play this!!!

Then I can also play FFXV too :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

hope they dont fuck this up, I still keep my ps2 just for this game

Same!!!

Though I also have a few other games that I keep my PS2 around for.. (Radiata Stories, that game was very much so a favorite growing up, Star Ocean Till the end of time, still haven't beat it, still need to xD, Worms 3D, cause it was just a damn great game, still is, Chrono Cross, FFIX, Champions of Norrath, Champions Return to arms, and a few others that I can't find :P.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If it doesn't come to PC, then I don't care, I'll just go buy a PS4 just so I can play this!!!

Then I can also play FFXV too :P

I'm pretty sure even PCMR people will buy a PS4 for the remake. Even if they claim they won't. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm pretty sure even PCMR people will buy a PS4 for the remake. Even if they claim they won't. :lol:

Considering that I am a supporter of the PCMR (The one that is actually decent compared to the people that just go around hating on console gamers 24/7, I mainly only just make harmless jokes at them every now and then :P) and would buy a PS4 for it... :P

I think that the good part of PCMR should split off from the bad part of PCMR, then rename the bad part to "PCAssterRace" xD

Same!!!

Though I also have a few other games that I keep my PS2 around for.. (Radiata Stories, that game was very much so a favorite growing up, Star Ocean Till the end of time, still haven't beat it, still need to xD, Worms 3D, cause it was just a damn great game, still is, Chrono Cross, FFIX, Champions of Norrath, Champions Return to arms, and a few others that I can't find :P.)

You don't have to beat Star Ocean Til the End of Time. If you are still on disc one just mess around there until you've burned yourself out. There is no need to experience the complete shit that is the second disc.

So it won't be out any time soon. I bet it will pull a FFXV and be in production hell for years and years until PS45 comes out.

LOS ANGELES (June 15, 2015) – At Sony Computer Entertainment of America LLC’s (SCEA) E3 press conference today, SQUARE ENIX® announced that it has begun production on the full remake of FINAL FANTASY® VII for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.

Leading the development will be key members from the original project, including producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Tetsuya Nomura and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima.

I see many retcons and changes that will  heavily disappoint the original FFVII fans. The fact that they included "Edge" into it proves just that.

edit

Some FF/SE titles that really deserve similar attention: FFV, FFVI, FFVIII (or maybe IX) and Chrono Trigger. Particularly FFVI and Chrono Trigger. They are fantastic games that deserve more than a half-assed "remake" to some handheld.  I hope they do something like this soon for some of the other titles. FFVII always gets the love. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You don't have to beat Star Ocean Til the End of Time. If you are still on disc one just mess around there until you've burned yourself out. There is no need to experience the complete shit that is the second disc.

I'm still on the first disk, I'd guess that I'm not even 1/2 through the first disk :/

So it won't be out any time soon. I bet it will pull a FFXV and be in production hell for years and years until PS45 comes out.

I see many retcons and changes that will  heavily disappoint the original FFVII fans. The fact that they included "Edge" into it proves just that.

Let the disappointed fans be disappointed, they don't have to play it if they don't want to.

Then us fans that are excited AF can still have our fun with it :3

Let the disappointed fans be disappointed, they don't have to play it if they don't want to.

Still, you gotta admit it won't be as fun if they change it all. It wouldn't be FFVII if they did, right?

Hoping it isn't too much though. I don't mind some small alterations or the like, but if they start screwing up scenes, character personalities or events to appease certain fans or for money I'm going to be pissed.

I'm still on the first disk, I'd guess that I'm not even 1/2 through the first disk :/

Good place to be. Just don't do what I did and accidentally break the game. I made a weapon early on in the game that ended up being stronger than any other weapon you could find or buy. 

Still, you gotta admit it won't be as fun if they change it all. It wouldn't be FFVII if they did, right?

Hoping it isn't too much though. I don't mind some small alterations or the like, but if they start screwing up scenes, character personalities or events to appease certain fans or for money I'm going to be pissed.

A fast forward button for the summons would be wonderful. I don't really want to spend another two hours beating Ruby just watching Knights of the Round over and over and over and over and over.

A new translation of the script is pretty much mandatory at this point. Maybe a story that makes sense too?

A fast forward button for the summons would be wonderful. I don't really want to spend another two hours beating Ruby just watching Knights of the Round over and over and over and over and over.

A new translation of the script is pretty much mandatory at this point. Maybe a story that makes sense too?

Exactly. Stuff like that is okay. Maybe an option to enable in the Config window.

Sure, sure. Translation fixes ("this guy are suck") and an attempt to tighten the story, but otherwise no changes to events. Like for example making Cloud less of a jack-ass or making the events of Calm or Nibelheim different.

edit

making it so you can change "leaders" wouldn't be all that bad either. Though it is Cloud's narrative I'm just saying I wouldn't mind playing Barret or Yuffie  in towns and stuff. Could give them additional dialogue so we can get to know the characters better too.

Yeah, I'd like it if they improved the graphics, physics, animations, etc... and fixed some bugs in the original game, but most things other than that are not all that needed.

It could be cool to have a different view style choice as well, that way you're not stuck with the sorta top/side view, but I've got a feeling some people might not like that option.

Yeah, I'd like it if they improved the graphics, physics, animations, etc... and fixed some bugs in the original game, but most things other than that are not all that needed.

It could be cool to have a different view style choice as well, that way you're not stuck with the sorta top/side view, but I've got a feeling some people might not like that option.

Definitely. We're going to get some of those changes for sure. I bet the battle system will be altered to appease to modern audiences. It will still be an RPG (I hope) but it will function more like FFXIII I bet.

Definitely. We're going to get some of those changes for sure. I bet the battle system will be altered to appease to modern audiences. It will still be an RPG (I hope) but it will function more like FFXIII I bet.

I'd like to see the classic battle style from ff7 still be there in the remake :/

I feel like a different battle style would just ruin the game (or at least a lot of it)

Oh yeah, I really hope the music in the game stays the same (like the same songs and such) but is of significantly higher quality.

I wonder if they will change things like the healing sound, attack sounds, etc.. as well

To fight Ruby and Emerald Weapons one more time... Sephiroth's Supernova attack...The Mako Cannon... This is going to be glorious.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Please no, I want to see the good old battle system still in place, in certain games the real-time battles are nice, but for this, that would just ruin everything.. :/

It would but from what I understand that game was insanely popular (played it, don't understand the love) and they might just do it. I would prefer they keep the RPG aspect of it but change the angle like you suggested. Maybe alter a few things here and there but otherwise keep it the same.

If they must alter the entire battle system I do not want to see anything other than a KH or a FFXII style (RPG but not so traditional).

To fight Emerald Weapon one more time... This is going to be glorious.

Speaking of....I hope they make Sephiroth as difficult as Emerald. I couldn't believe how Sephy was a walk in the park compared to Emerald.

It would but from what I understand that game was insanely popular (played it, don't understand the love) and they might just do it. I would prefer they keep the RPG aspect of it but change the angle like you suggested. Maybe alter a few things here and there but otherwise keep it the same.

If they must alter the entire battle system I do not want to see anything other than a KH or a FFXII style (RPG but not so traditional).

Ehh, I don't think the KH battle style would work that well for it.

--Edit--

Thought the FFXIII battle style was different from how it actually is, something like that could be fine, but I'd like the original style from FFVII even more.

(IMO: FFVII Battle Style > FFXIII Battle Style > KH Battle Style > FFXII Battle Style)

Ehh, I don't think the KH battle style would work that well for it.

--Edit--

Thought the FFXIII battle style was different from how it actually is, something like that could be fine, but I'd like the original style from FFVII even more.

(IMO: FFVII Battle Style > FFXIII Battle Style > KH Battle Style > FFXII Battle Style)

Well I can tell ya after playing 13 the battle system was annoying. It was borderline FFX-2 but not nearly as organized and precise...same button smasher for sure though. I don't mean exactly like KH, but if they alter the battel system heavily the only things I'd like to see is open world like fighting (I guess more like FFXV?) or a battle system similar to FFXII, where it was both combined.

Oh, definitely. Original would  > all others. For games like FFI-IX you can't really change the battle system without making it feel weird. It worked for X-XV because they were not the same kind of FF anymore.

Well I can tell ya after playing 13 the battle system was annoying. It was borderline FFX-2 but not nearly as organized and precise...same button smasher for sure though. I don't mean exactly like KH, but if they alter the battel system heavily the only things I'd like to see is open world like fighting (I guess more like FFXV?) or a battle system similar to FFXII, where it was both combined.

Oh, definitely. Original would  > all others. For games like FFI-IX you can't really change the battle system without making it feel weird. It worked for X-XV because they were not the same kind of FF anymore.

Yeah, FFXV's battle system kinda could work in some situations, but in others not as much.

It would probably take a bit of tweaking the game to get it to be functional, if even possible in some locations.