[Confirmed] Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to PS4!

Didn't even see this topic when I made one, but hot damn I squealed like a school girl "twice in one day!"

I was 8 when it was originally released, fun as hell and I've basically played it multiple times and almost on a yearly basis since 1997. 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

4c56f28203de254f74ade6d375c2c198.jpg

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Hmmm...Id probably prefer if they made a remake of FFIX tbh - my favourite game of all time. To be frank, whilst I do believe that FFVII is a wonderful game, I believe it's actually been a tad hyped up - IX is, according to me, superior in every way (but that's just me).

PS: I actually loved the FFX remake that they made. Played the whole game on my Vita. Really don't enjoy X-II though...

Agree 100%. IX is vastly superior to XII. NOTHING HAPPENS IN 7. you just chase sephiroth around.

Nice to see this, would have liked seeing more.  Don't want to have hopes dashed like E3 2005

[reminder]

No! Linus doesn't like FFXII. :(  Even though clearly it is as follows: FFVI > FFV > FFXII > FFIX > FFVIII > FFX > FFVII

FFXII had awesome story, great acting, beautiful graphics, 10/10 music and a RPG like system that felt old but new. All who disagrees with it...shame on you!

Yeah, FFXV's battle system kinda could work in some situations, but in others not as much.

It would probably take a bit of tweaking the game to get it to be functional, if even possible in some locations.

True. They'd probably just settle for slightly adjusting the old system if it came down to having needing to tweak towns and stuff. SE might just be the lazy sort. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Agree 100%. IX is vastly superior to XII. NOTHING HAPPENS IN 7. you just chase sephiroth around.

So tempted to report as a troll post, but I'm going to assume (erroneously) that you both mean FF6, and not FF Vivi (as cool as that one singular character was),  9 was...ugh.  Still don't understand the half story split thing they were doing throughout that game where you could some times see events and other times not.

Do y'all remember the official guide for that one?  Comedy.  Pay $30 for a list of urls where answers/tips could be found printed in a book with pictures, instead of just,..I don't know, have the info in the guide.

So tempted to report as a troll post, but I'm going to assume (erroneously) that you both mean FF6, and not FF Vivi (as cool as that one singular character was),  9 was...ugh.

Do y'all remember the official guide for that one?  Comedy.  Pay $30 for a list of urls printed in a book with pictures.

FFVI is the greatest FF title (no room for argument) but FFIX was bloody fantastic. I spent so many years judging it by its chibi-monkey people instead of playing it that when I played it finally on PS3 I was shocked. It was nowhere near "ugh". One of the best in the series.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Cool. Maybe it'll make the original FF7 real cheap :)

It's like 5 bucks on steam half the time.

Yeah i doubt yet hope it will come, i mean FFS they wasted cash re releasing Final Fantasy X

Out of all the games...THAT ONE !?!?!? u wot m8?? 

Oh come on, Final Fantasy 9 is much worst.

I actually finished the game, if there's a PC port, I'll probably pick it, and it's most likely going to take 10 years to release, lol. I guess FFX will keep me patient

whoa....if you're being serious, you just lost a whole bunch of cool points in my book

whoa....if you're being serious, you just lost a whole bunch of cool points in my book

Why? Because he doesn't worship VII, or because he doesn't like XII?

VII*

There's plenty that happens in FFVII...

Btw, you were showin off your license plate numbers again in the latest scrapyard wars vid that is on youtube :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Oh come on, Final Fantasy 9 is much worst.

9 wasn't bad, I liked it quite a bit more than I liked 8.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

No! Linus doesn't like FFXII. :(  Even though clearly it is as follows: FFVI > FFV > FFXII > FFIX > FFVIII > FFX > FFVII

FFXII had awesome story, great acting, beautiful graphics, 10/10 music and a RPG like system that felt old but new. All who disagrees with it...shame on you!

True. They'd probably just settle for slightly adjusting the old system if it came down to having needing to tweak towns and stuff. SE might just be the lazy sort. :lol:

FF12?  It was good if you ignore the monster hunts.  Especially if you ignore the second list of 50 monsters they drop on you later for some complete horse dung filler hours.

It's another example of character graphics that don't particularly age well IMO, almost identical to vagrant story in that regard.

It was a bit too easy to cheese the limit breaks forever, but the rest of the battle system was pretty solid to me(Still think parasite eve had one of the best active/wait battle systems I've used). 

Having stronger character development for your crew is always something that I enjoy, as it generally allows the user to more easily assume the PC role without having to shoehorn themselves into their story.

But yeah, on the whole 12 was good.

All that's needed now is a Legend of Dragoon remake, and humanity can be considered a thing worth saving again.

So tempted to report as a troll post, but I'm going to assume (erroneously) that you both mean FF6, and not FF Vivi (as cool as that one singular character was),  9 was...ugh.  Still don't understand the half story split thing they were doing throughout that game where you could some times see events and other times not.

Do y'all remember the official guide for that one?  Comedy.  Pay $30 for a list of urls where answers/tips could be found printed in a book with pictures, instead of just,..I don't know, have the info in the guide.

I had the prima guide for ff7.....this was circa 97-98 tho and it was a thick ass guide

9 wasn't bad, I liked it quite a bit more than I liked 8.

What? Really? Why do you feel that way?

FF12?  It was good if you ignore the monster hunts.  Especially if you ignore the second list of 50 monsters they drop on you later for some complete horse dung filler hours.

It's another example of character graphics that don't particularly age well IMO, almost identical to vagrant story in that regard.

It was a bit too easy to cheese the limit breaks forever, but the rest of the battle system was pretty sold to me(Still think parasite eve had one of the best active/wait battle systems).  Having stronger character development for your crew is always something that I enjoy, as it allows the user to more easily assume the PC role without having to shoehorn themselves in.

But yeah, on the whole 12 was good.

What was wrong with the hunts? Nothing about the hunts are directed for you to do to constitute the definition of "filler hours". The only time you have to hunt is at the start of the game, and only then. Unless I am misunderstanding you?

Yea, the Quickenings were easy to obtain once you get the hang of it. I think Zodiac fixed that part though. The game is actually really hard if you don't give characters Quickenings/use them or the Espers, especially if you play the Zodiac version of the game. No swapping "classes" then.

I had the prima guide for ff7.....this was circa 97-98 tho and it was a thick ass guide

I was referring to the bradygames guide for FF9.  Prima's FF7 guide i think is worth more now then it cost then as it was almost perfect.

:edit: Nope sorry it was versus that I was thinking about.

What was wrong with the hunts? Nothing about the hunts are directed for you to do to constitute the definition of "filler hours". The only time you have to hunt is at the start of the game, and only then. Unless I am misunderstanding you?

Not a completionist huh?  I'm not anymore either.  FF12 and FX monster arena stopped a good amount of that it me.  It's a better way to live in all honesty.

It's been too long for me to remember much on it, I just remember liking 9 more than I liked 8. (7 was my fav tho)

I was referring to the bradygames guide for FF9.  Prima's FF7 guide i think is worth more now then it cost then as it was almost perfect.

Not a completionist huh?  I'm not anymore either.  FF12 and FX monster arena stopped a good amount of that it me.  It's a better way to live in all honesty.

Oh no, I Hunt every time I play. Just saying it isn't thrown on you, completely optional. The game has a decent amount of time behind it if you only play the main quest/storyline.

It's been too long for me to remember much on it, I just remember liking 9 more than I liked 8. (7 was my fav tho)

Ah. You should play it again, you may find yourself enjoying it...maybe even more than IX. Never know! :P

Oh no, I Hunt every time I play. Just saying it isn't thrown on you, completely optional. The game has a decent amount of time behind it if you only play the main quest/storyline.

You complete all 100 monster hunts every time?  Why?  It's so monotonous and reeks of FedEx questing with next to zero story for the hugely numerous endevours.  Honestly, it's little better then dogging 200 lightning strikes consecutively(effing super asshole who came up with that for ffX)

You complete all 100 monster hunts every time?  Why?  It's so monotonous and reeks of FedEx questing with next to zero story for the hugely numerous endevours.  Honestly, it's little better then dogging 200 lightning strikes consecutively(effing super asshole who came up with that for ffX)

I really love the game. I can sit down and play it through 100%  a billion times and never get bored of it. The same thing happens for me concerning Ocarina of Time (I must have beaten this game at least a hundred times). Just two games I can't seem to get enough of.

haha true. I felt like I was being tortured when I had to dodge the lightning strikes. :(

So it'll be like playable Advent Children. I'm sold.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'm talking physical copy.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So it'll be like playable Advent Children. I'm sold.

Probably better looking (hopefully better looking to be honest).

Probably better looking (hopefully better looking to be honest).

Well the movie is 10 years old so I'll bet it'll be better looking. As long as they don't change the core mechanics I'm good.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.