the internet could shut down by 2023

Aliz101

Not gonna happen.

did you just find a random bs article with no merit? or facts? or anything?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I call sensationalism and tech fortune telling which neither are helpful...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

http://www.techworm.net/2015/05/uk-researchers-warn-internet-could-collapse-by-2023.html

"A recent study by the UK researchers state that by 2023 Internet would have reached a ‘capacity crunch’ status as the cables and fiber optics delivering the data to users would reach its maximum limit."

that quote doesnt say the internet would shut down. just that our current network lines would be completely saturated

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

that quote doesnt say the internet would shut down. just that our current network lines would be completely saturated

and thats based on the assumption infrastructure wont expand fast enough and technology doesnt change...oh wait

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

http://www.techworm.net/2015/05/uk-researchers-warn-internet-could-collapse-by-2023.html

"A recent study by the UK researchers state that by 2023 Internet would have reached a ‘capacity crunch’ status as the cables and fiber optics delivering the data to users would reach its maximum limit."

So add more cables and fiber optics?  No more bottleneck, woohoo.

Absolute lol. It won't shut down, it will be limited/managed if something like this ever did occur. And this -> "We are starting to reach the point in the research lab where we can’t get any more data into a single optical fiber.", like seriously how is that even a valid point considering this is possible -> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25840502

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

this honestly looks like some 8th graders "what if" project

in which he received a D on

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

To everybody who doesn't realize, I posted this to say that this was bs (which was supposed to be implied)

Cliiiiiiiickbate

Because nothing will change in the next 7ish years that might change this... like say new compression algorithms, new fiber lines, new companies, or god knows what else.

Shits just like Y2k and every "peak oil crisis" ever. We know about it ahead of time, and can plan for it. Shit i bet companies have known about it for years and have prepped for this issue.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

These kind of "studies" always have some kind of ulterior motive to them - like the recent study done by Seagate (who makes hard drives) that suggests that some SSD's could lose data if they are not connected to power for a long enough period of time. In this case it sounds like someone wants infrastructure to grow, so they whip this garbage up.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I actually see the internet becoming something of an even greater value in the future, something that takes a hold on humanity and life in a really negative way. So I doubt we will ever see the end of it.

conspiracy theorist

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

To everybody who doesn't realize, I posted this to say that this was bs (which was supposed to be implied)

kk,

but to the article, bwaahahahaha oh man ahahahaha *wipes tear*

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Absolute lol. It won't shut down, it will be limited/managed if something like this ever did occur. And this -> "We are starting to reach the point in the research lab where we can’t get any more data into a single optical fiber.", like seriously how is that even a valid point considering this is possible -> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25840502

That's insane!

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

...would reach its maximum limit."

unless we develop a new technology by that time to keep making it faster, wich is of course imposible

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

So then we just need the ISPs to start installing more fiber! Oh wait... they wont.
Actually I have no idea of how good/bad internet is in the UK, but I could totally see American ISPs letting everything get completely saturated, and still doing nothing about it.

This is just as stupid as the "Anonymous leaks presidents address" thread. A lot of internet service providers still run a copper infrastructure. Upgrading to fiber is literally taking out a turtle and throwing in a raped ape. Going from 10 Gbit to 73 Tbit. There's no way we're going to saturate the internet. It's Y2K hype all over again.

wireless cables

How does that work? :D

This is just as stupid as the "Anonymous leaks presidents address" thread. A lot of internet service providers still run a copper infrastructure. Upgrading to fiber is literally taking out a turtle and throwing in a raped ape. Going from 10 Gbit to 73 Tbit. There's no way we're going to saturate the internet. It's Y2K hype all over again.

Umm interesting metaphor...

Umm interesting metaphor...

Raped ape.

czcmmcsfz7pqehjuzmst.jpg

Raped ape.

czcmmcsfz7pqehjuzmst.jpg

LOOOLLLLLL

FOR GOD SAKE YOU MADE ME BURST OUT LAUGH LIKE A CRAZY PERSON INFRONT OF 50 PEOPLE ON A BUS !!!!!!!!!!!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.