Apple has the right to tell its users the time of day of its watch , rejecting any app that tells time

ahhming

Apple believes that only it has the right to tell its users the time of day. Apple has updated its App Store Review Guidelines to prevent developers from creating Apple Watch apps that display the time.

According to the newly added 10.7 rule under "User interface," Watch Apps that have a "primary function" of telling the time will be rejected.

According to MacRumors one developer who had his app rejected from the App Store due to the time telling rule, used a clock-like face to display sunset/sunrise times along with the position of the sun and the moon.

The developer was told by Apple that Apple Watch apps containing a clock face, the likeness of a clock, or time-telling functionality would be rejected, and the Apple employee he spoke with mentioned that quite a few developers had been rejected due to the policy.

Apple believes that only it should decide what the watch face should look like. It said that it is flogging the Apple Watch as an "incredibly accurate" timepiece, a claim that it might not be able to guarantee if a third-party time-telling app is allowed to display the time.

Source:

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/28/app-store-review-guidelines-time-telling-apps/

Wow.. Seriously.. I don't like to do this Android vs. iOS stuff..

But here goes nothing: "Wow Apple! At least on our dives we can customize stuff!"

I hope they have a great deal of custom themes pre installed..

Off topic: you are going insane with all these news threads, keep it up :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

honestly, I don't really care, the stock clock functions seem fine

would rather people spent time developing useful apps and games, not even more way to tell the time

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

so no 3rd party faces, that sucks

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

How to be a bigot by Apple.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

American companies will be American companies.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

No 3rd faces so disappointing.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

so no 3rd party faces, that sucks

maybe they will release a watch face API kit that uses apples time telling system

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

maybe they will release a watch face API kit that uses apples time telling system

hopefully

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

Apple again, has lost my respect. I'm going with an Android Wear watch again.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It's not Closed its Curated.

On another note, why does it matter?

- snip-

Lol. Time is intangible and you can't say you own it. Apple is being really dumb right now. I'll make my own clock if I wanna.

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

Bummer. Then again if you don't like the watch part of the Apple watch why did you buy an Apple Watch. I wouldn't buy a Rolex only to customize it to look like an Omega. 

Bummer. Then again if you don't like the watch part of the Apple watch why did you buy an Apple Watch. I wouldn't buy a Rolex only to customize it to look like an Omega. 

I get what you mean, I think to me it's more the principle of what they are doing than the actual functionality. Just me though! 

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Lol. Time is intangible and you can't say you own it. Apple is being really dumb right now. I'll make my own clock if I wanna.

Apple can say they own the right to display time on Apple watches. It's still an annoying limitation, but it's par for the course with their walled garden approach. I don't even think it qualifies as news by now.

I get what you mean, I think to me it's more the principle of what they are doing than the actual functionality. Just me though! 

It definitely is a shame that users won't be getting customizable clock faces (although I have a feeling that over time Apple with open up). I think right now Apple is trying to create a distinct image as a watch maker and allowing 3rd party apps wouldn't allow that.

Still prefer pebble

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

It definitely is a shame that users won't be getting customizable clock faces (although I have a feeling that over time Apple with open up). I think right now Apple is trying to create a distinct image as a watch maker and allowing 3rd party apps wouldn't allow that.

You could be right with that, have to wait and see I guess!

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Im just getting the new pebble.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

arent pebble apps rejected as well now or just ones that name it in store listing?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

They are rejecting apps that only have watch faces and nothing else. Why? Since those apps need a companion app on the phone AND they would have to be reopened every single time. All they are doing is rejecting future shit apps that do nothing and don't work well. 

The APIs will come along with iOS 9 to do a hell of a lot more and to run apps natively on the Watch with no tethering to the phone to pull information (since the Watch has WiFi of its own). So thats when we will see expanded watch faces that are properly integrated. 

But nah, lets just shitpost since its Apple. The one thing this forum is great at.