What brands do you think are OVERATED

Mrbluee

Apple.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I havent had any experience with their headphones but I know for a fact that their speakers are outstanding

Oh yeah I'm talking about headphones! The only experience I have had with their speakers is in my car and they are amazing!

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I notice Apple has been mentioned a lot in this thread though and that's just down right wrong. The iPhone is a beautifully crafted product with a great OS for people who don't care for customizing everything but just want to use their phone. Of course this is not what you look for as an Android user, but it doesn't make the product less good. The same goes for the MacBook, beautiful aluminium unibody, good performance and great battery life. OS is super smooth and in general works quite well plus Apple are still the only ones to offer a laptop with a half decent panel (high-res IPS). You really can't flame their design seeing as everyone and their dog is copying it (This is by no means a bad thing, after all it means more beautiful products on the market, but is still a fact).

I'm in complete agreement with you.

I can't consider Apple overrated because with the amount of hate they receive for everything they do or don't do, the application of the term would be nonsensical. Even when they create a genuinely great piece of technology which revolutionises an entire market (iPad) they're still condemned for it.

I'm almost tempted to say they're underrated, really.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I'm seeing lots of razer hate. I'm pretty sure 90% of you have never used one of there products and are basing it off of reviews( or are angry you can't afford them) in reviews mad customers tend to speak out more than a satisfied one. I own 2 razer products and haven't had a single issue with either my Blackwidow keyboard which I have had for over a year or my deathadder 2013 which I have had for something like 6 months and I don't see them failing any time soon they feel quality they don't by any means feel cheap.

the vespula is one of the best mouse mats i have ever used but i have to say their keyboards are pretty bad and overpriced.

Alienware, Bose, Monster Cables, Beats, Pebble, Blizzard, Bethesda, Nintendo, Sony, Symantec, Netflix UK, and more I can't think of... (some to a lesser extent than others)

b...be...bet...beth...BETHESDA?

I can't stand chepo lcd screens and Apple brought Ips technology to the forefront when everybody else was trying to shove garbage down your throats and just for that they are far from overrated .

Alienware, EVGA, Apple, Razer, Beats Audio, Monster (specifically DNA) and Corsair's Vengeance line.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'm seeing lots of razer hate. I'm pretty sure 90% of you have never used one of there products and are basing it off of reviews( or are angry you can't afford them) in reviews mad customers tend to speak out more than a satisfied one. I own 2 razer products and haven't had a single issue with either my Blackwidow keyboard which I have had for over a year or my deathadder 2013 which I have had for something like 6 months and I don't see them failing any time soon they feel quality they don't by any means feel cheap.

I have a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate. I love it, but I could have had a better keyboard for cheaper. Not to mention it has crap build quality. The USB cable is very loose in the keyboard, and if I move it it disconnects.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Sony, Samsung, Apple

That isn't to say they are bad, but the amount of sales they get compared to other companies who make products as good or better is huge.

What I've seen here that I don't get is people saying Microsoft is overrated? If Microsoft, a very hated company is overrated, what is your opinion of where they should be? If I compare how many people who say they like Microsoft stuff to people who say they hate it, it's about 100 to 1 in favor of people hating it, and that is overrated! Wow.

Apple, Razer, Alienware, nvidia, Beats, CoD, EA, Logitech, Bose, Any 24/7 active antivirus, 

HP, DELL, Gateway(if they are still around), pretty much any factory made computer manufacturer

OHHHH AND here is an oldish one SKULLCANDY hahahah, those things are the worst xD

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Sony, Samsung, Apple

That isn't to say they are bad, but the amount of sales they get compared to other companies who make products as good or better is huge.

What I've seen here that I don't get is people saying Microsoft is overrated? If Microsoft, a very hated company is overrated, what is your opinion of where they should be? If I compare how many people who say they like Microsoft stuff to people who say they hate it, it's about 100 to 1 in favor of people hating it, and that is overrated! Wow.

The same can be said for Apple though. The amount of hatred they get is so extreme that calling them overrated just seems silly.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Glock!

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Fractal with their militaristic, nordic design was not popular until they arrived, they've added lots to the market in that area, and have changed the look of HTPCs in a lot of cases (pardon the pun)

Corsair have done made some bold moves, the carbide air 540 for one. Also, they pretty much shaped the closed-loop water-cooling market at the present time.

That's not what innovative means.

As for closed-water loops, I personally hate those because people get them instead of getting better (and cheaper) regular heatsinks. The H100 was the first closed water cooling loop I saw that could outperform the D14. Everything else up to that point had performed worse, and usually costed more as well. Oh and that's without factoring in noise, I am just talking about temps and price.

So yeah, we would have been better off without all these bad closed water cooling loops if you ask me. It's just something people get because they want to say "yeah my build is water cooled".

Samsung, their purely marketing and not about quality at all.

Build quality is always bad.

If you're talking about phones then yeah I can kind of agree. They are a bit overhyped but they deserve a lot of the praise they get. "Build quality" (which some people seem to think only means "what it feels like in the hand" and completely disregards things like the quality of the NAND flash used, soldering and other things like that) is far from the only factor with a mobile phone though.

If you're talking about things other than phones, then I have no idea what you're talking about. Samsung makes a lot of great products which does not get praised that much.

Sennheiser,  Linus (no offence to him) would have had zero effect on Sennheiser's product plans and very little on their sales. They have been industry leaders in pro Audio since the year dot, There are only a handful of headphones you won't get questioned for having in a studio by any professional and they are Sennheiser and Sony's monitor range.

I am sorry but what? You seem to think that just because headphones has a Sennheiser logo means that they are good. Sennheiser makes a lot of crappy headphones. There are a huge amount of other really good headphones as well. Sennheiser has a few good headphones, just like AKG has a few good ones, and so does Denon, Grado, Audio-Technica, Stax, the list goes on.

I would like to see a source to your claim that Sennheiser is the leader in pro audio equipment, because I have seen quite a lot of AKG and Sony headphones in recording studios, not so much Sennheiser though. Also, just because manufacturer X is the market leader does not mean they aren't overrated by the way. It could actually mean the exact opposite, that they are so dominant because they are overrated.

Typing this on a Razer Blackwidow (which I love), I've had their headset in the past (can't remember the name of it though) and I've had 6 Deathadders in total (3 of them died within a 3 year period, that's one each year).

Also, just because someone makes good products does not mean they are immune to being overrated. I think Apple makes some good computers, I hate to say it but I do. I wouldn't buy one, and I think a lot of the people who do buy they are ignorant, but some of their products are good. It's when a lot of people start disregarding other products and go "well I will get brand X instead, they are good" something becomes overrated. I see a lot of people buy bad products, or mediocre products, simply because they got the logo of a company they like on it (Corsair, Apple, Beats, Razer etc), instead of getting a better product from a different company.

Overrated != Bad

Razer, Nvidia, Apple, beats audio, and bose. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Typing this on a Razer Blackwidow (which I love), I've had their headset in the past (can't remember the name of it though) and I've had 6 Deathadders in total (3 of them died within a 3 year period, that's one each year).

Also, just because someone makes good products does not mean they are immune to being overrated. I think Apple makes some good computers, I hate to say it but I do. I wouldn't buy one, and I think a lot of the people who do buy they are ignorant, but some of their products are good. It's when a lot of people start disregarding other products and go "well I will get brand X instead, they are good" something becomes overrated. I see a lot of people buy bad products, or mediocre products, simply because they got the logo of a company they like on it (Corsair, Apple, Beats, Razer etc), instead of getting a better product from a different company.

Overrated != Bad

My deathadder died on me in a year, and i RMAEd two blackwidows. Great peripherals bad quality. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

They take more risks, push the boat out a little more. 

A - Other companies are constantly trying to emulate Corsair's methods of closed loop coolers

B - Their 800/900D cases have features like no other cases

C - As I said before, the Carbide Air 540 is something new.

A) You mean, other manufacturers are trying to emulate what ASETEK (not Corsair) are doing with closed loop coolers. Remember, it's Asetek that makes the coolers, not Corsair. CoolIt and Cooler Master makes their own units though (and actually got sued by Asetek because their coolers infringe on some patents). Anyway we were talking about cases and not coolers (or at least I was, which lead to this conversation).

2) What kind of features? All the features I can think of on those cases have been on previous cases as well. Oh and no, being enormous is not innovative.

3) How is it new? There have been plenty of cube cases before the 540. Lian Li have had a few ones before.

So I am going to ask you again, in what way have Corsair been innovative in the case industry? Please point me towards some very solid innovations they have made.

I notice Apple has been mentioned a lot in this thread though and that's just down right wrong. The iPhone is a beautifully crafted product with a great OS for people who don't care for customizing everything but just want to use their phone. Of course this is not what you look for as an Android user, but it doesn't make the product less good. The same goes for the MacBook, beautiful aluminium unibody, good performance and great battery life. OS is super smooth and in general works quite well plus Apple are still the only ones to offer a laptop with a half decent panel (high-res IPS). You really can't flame their design seeing as everyone and their dog is copying it (This is by no means a bad thing, after all it means more beautiful products on the market, but is still a fact).

You, and a lot of other people in this thread, does not really seem to understand what "overrated" means. Something can be good, and overrated at the same time. Something can be good, but not worth buying at the same time as well.

As for closed-water loops, I personally hate those because people get them instead of getting better (and cheaper) regular heatsinks. The H100 was the first closed water cooling loop I saw that could outperform the D14. Everything else up to that point had performed worse, and usually costed more as well. Oh and that's without factoring in noise, I am just talking about temps and price.

So yeah, we would have been better off without all these bad closed water cooling loops if you ask me. It's just something people get because they want to say "yeah my build is water cooled".

Totally irrelevant.

A) You mean, other manufacturers are trying to emulate what ASETEK (not Corsair) are doing with closed loop coolers. Remember, it's Asetek that makes the coolers, not Corsair. CoolIt and Cooler Master makes their own units though (and actually got sued by Asetek because their coolers infringe on some patents). Anyway we were talking about cases and not coolers (or at least I was, which lead to this conversation).

2) What kind of features? All the features I can think of on those cases have been on previous cases as well. Oh and no, being enormous is not innovative.

3) How is it new? There have been plenty of cube cases before the 540. Lian Li have had a few ones before.

So I am going to ask you again, in what way have Corsair been innovative in the case industry? Please point me towards some very solid innovations they have made.

I challenge you to find me another dual-chambered cube case.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

That's not what innovative means.

If you're talking about phones then yeah I can kind of agree. They are a bit overhyped but they deserve a lot of the praise they get. "Build quality" (which some people seem to think only means "what it feels like in the hand" and completely disregards things like the quality of the NAND flash used, soldering and other things like that) is far from the only factor with a mobile phone though.

If you're talking about things other than phones, then I have no idea what you're talking about. Samsung makes a lot of great products which does not get praised that much.

I am sorry but what? You seem to think that just because headphones has a Sennheiser logo means that they are good. Sennheiser makes a lot of crappy headphones. There are a huge amount of other really good headphones as well. Sennheiser has a few good headphones, just like AKG has a few good ones, and so does Denon, Grado, Audio-Technica, Stax, the list goes on.

I would like to see a source to your claim that Sennheiser is the leader in pro audio equipment, because I have seen quite a lot of AKG and Sony headphones in recording studios, not so much Sennheiser though. Also, just because manufacturer X is the market leader does not mean they aren't overrated by the way. It could actually mean the exact opposite, that they are so dominant because they are overrated.

Read my posts again, please.  For the second time I did not say they were "THE" industry leader, I said they are industry leaders, implying that there are more than one.  I know sennheiser has a some average gear out there, I even own a pair that I would not recommend. But anyone who wishes to dismiss sennheiser for this reason only is really not looking at the bigger picture.

It may well be possible that you did not read my posts thoroughly because I mentioned in both that sony were good along with AKG, and audio technica.  

All I am saying is that I don't think they are overated, This topic is about products that get praised for more than they are worth, and I have yet to see a post on these forums, or any other, that recommends the average sennheiser's over beyer dynamic, AKG or any other decent brand. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

People seem to mistake 'overrated' for 'overpriced' here. Overrated means people say it's good when it's not nearly as good as claimed. Overpriced is when something costs too much for what it does, Beats Audio for example. Just because someting costs more than it should doesn't mean it sucks, and just because something isn't for you doesn't mean it's bad either.

However: iPhone is definitely overrated by a lot of people.

CPU: i5 4670K w/ NH-D15 - RAM: 4x4GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 - GPU: MSI GTX 970 100ME - SSD: 250GB 850 EVO - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (games) & 2TB (storage) - MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Window - Fans:  A lot of Noctua NF-F12 (intake, exhaust) & 1x140mm Fractal Design included case fan - Monitor: DELL U2515H - Keyboard: Custom Logitech G105 - Mouse: Roccat Kova+ - Extra: LG Optical Drive, a lot of dust