What brands do you think are OVERATED

Mrbluee

Samsung makes good phones. My problem is that people who want a phone automatically flock to them (or iPhones as mentioned).

They don't need the extra power that a S4 brings. Most people just check emails and play Angry Birds on their phone. Their money is wasted instead of getting something more cost efficient. Although this does help advance the technology in mobile devices as since more people are buying these more powerful phones, companies will try to make even more powerful phones instead of the opposite of what would happen when only a small niche market wants these phones. On a large scale view, this kind of consumerism is good.

In my opinion, it's like having someone buy a $2000 PC when all they do is go on Facebook and play Farmville. These people will always exist I suppose.

edit : Fixed up some nonsense sentences. Getting tired haha

Cool. I get what you're saying.

Kinda reminds me of my dad actually. If you ask him, he'll say he wants the best phone at the moment so that he wouldn't have to upgrade for a while. He checks out other brands too, not just Samsung and Apple, so yeah.

Please, don't be like Apple fanboys and claim your favorite company is the only company which innovates, especially not when Corsair isn't even innovative

Lol corsair isn't my favorite company! I have a coolermaster case, this are just observations I've made.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Coolermaster Haf XB.

I also have one, I have no idea how that didn't come into my head.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

I also have one, I have no idea how that didn't come into my head.

i liked that avatar but mine is way better. deal with it.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

For the amount Corsair charges for them things they are terrible. Any other fan in a similar price point is simply miles ahead in terms of silence.

My Noctua fan and my Corsair AF fan are are about the same when it comes to quietness.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Logitech, Samsung, Sennheiser, Valve

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

steam 

ea

intel cpu's

birds eye fish fingers

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

i liked that avatar but mine is way better. deal with it.

No it isn't. (See my avatar for an appropriate reaction)

If a very large portion here are putting Razer, Apple, and Beats, are they still overrated in the context of this community?

If a very large portion here are putting Razer, Apple, and Beats, are they still overrated in the context of this community?

I think these particular companies tend to be seen as over rated because in general we witness more people rave about how good they even in the face of opposing evidence.  Beats is a hard one because sound quality can be objective, however general observations can be made. for example If you read any professional audio forums, there's not much love for beats, where as else where they get better reviews. I know who i'd trust for a review.  Apple, particularly at the end of there product cycle have over priced hardware, it's a fact not an opinion, Apple becomes over rated when people start recommending them as being the best hardware you can get for your money.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I think these particular companies tend to be seen as over rated because in general we witness more people rave about how good they even in the face of opposing evidence.  Beats is a hard one because sound quality can be objective, however general observations can be made. for example If you read any professional audio forums, there's not much love for beats, where as else where they get better reviews. I know who i'd trust for a review.  Apple, particularly at the end of there product cycle have over priced hardware, it's a fact not an opinion, Apple becomes over rated when people start recommending them as being the best hardware you can get for your money.

Well I'm trying to play devil's advocate, so here we go.

More people rave about them simply because more people buy them. At the same time, more people rant on them for the same reason. As for Beats, I'd completely agree with you there. I don't see many Apple users saying that they're the best for your money. In general, I'd say many accept that they're paying for quality. Apple laptops in particular are in the high end as far as build quality goes, and some people just want a sturdy product. Maybe people want OSX on a laptop where it's very inconvenient to brew up a hackintosh.

a car made out with complete automation is not a supercar in my eyes (weird but i also love nissan gtr which is also made with complete automation)

well Porsche innovated, he made the first hybrid car,and the first 4x4 4 wheel drive car was that same hybrid car. i love them but some dont its your opinion i guess :)

Apple, Razer.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

This thread has turned to such shit.

24806233.jpg

People are arguing their opinions as if they were fact.

Half the companies/brands people are listing produce amazing quality products and most have actually innovated in their particular field quite a bit.

I might sound like a Razer fan-boy here but the new Razer Blade is actually pretty amazing as thin as a MacBook air with an i7 that's not running super low voltage like the MacBook and a GTX 765. The amount of cooling needed... and to be able to fit it into that form-factor and still and still have a 6 hour battery life?

I think that's pretty damn innovative.

People are arguing their opinions as if they were fact.

Half the companies/brands people are listing produce amazing quality products and most have actually innovated in their particular field quite a bit.

I might sound like a Razer fan-boy here but the new Razer Blade is actually pretty amazing as thin as a MacBook air with an i7 that's not running super low voltage like the MacBook and a GTX 765. The amount of cooling needed... and to be able to fit it into that form-factor and still and still have a 6 hour battery life?

I think that's pretty damn innovative.

1) Overrated != bad

Overrated just means that people think they are better than they really are. For example I said in my post that Apple is overrated. I really think they got some great products, but that does not mean they are immune to being overrated (and definitely not immune to being overpriced).

2) How is the Razer Blade innovative? No, making it thinner and lighter than normal laptops is not innovative, that's called evolving. You could argue that the touchpad which also doubles as a screen is "innovative", but it's innovative because it's a quite stupid idea so nobody bothered with it before. It's just a gimmick.

Anyway, it seems like a lot of people are very quick to defend the brands they love (which is just a sign that the brand might actually be overrated). Overrated and bad products are not synonyms. Someone can make good products and still be overrated. Good way to check if you might be a fanboy: Did you get angry or annoyed when you saw some brand in this thread? The stronger emotion you got, the higher the risk of you being a fanboy.

. Good way to check if you might be a fanboy: Did you get angry or annoyed when you saw some brand in this thread? The stronger emotion you got, the higher the risk of you being a fanboy.

I got annoyed with a few listed:

Senheiser

Corsair

Samsung

Not because I necessarily like them, but because I think they were unfairly labelled over rated.  I have rarely heard any talk about products these companies have made as being better than they are. I am sure there are people that rave on about their S3, their hd215's or their corsair case but in my mind it's just not prevalent enough to label the company.

Does this fit your definition of what might constitute a fanboy?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1) Overrated != bad

Overrated just means that people think they are better than they really are. For example I said in my post that Apple is overrated. I really think they got some great products, but that does not mean they are immune to being overrated (and definitely not immune to being overpriced).

2) How is the Razer Blade innovative? No, making it thinner and lighter than normal laptops is not innovative, that's called evolving. You could argue that the touchpad which also doubles as a screen is "innovative", but it's innovative because it's a quite stupid idea so nobody bothered with it before. It's just a gimmick.

Anyway, it seems like a lot of people are very quick to defend the brands they love (which is just a sign that the brand might actually be overrated). Overrated and bad products are not synonyms. Someone can make good products and still be overrated. Good way to check if you might be a fanboy: Did you get angry or annoyed when you saw some brand in this thread? The stronger emotion you got, the higher the risk of you being a fanboy.

Well maybe innovative was the wrong word to use there. Still a quality product nonetheless. The only reason I mentioned Razer is because you never hear people (at least me personally) saying that Razer is good. A lot of the time I hear people talking about how horrible all of Razer's products are, which isn't true at all.

24806233.jpg

Does the thread not ask for people's opinions? I detest fanboyism and irrationality as the next guy, but you can't change a blind person's opinion on something if they can't see it.  ;)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Senheiser

Corsair

Samsung

Not because I necessarily like them, but because I think they were unfairly labelled over rated.  I have rarely heard any talk about products these companies have made as being better than they are. I am sure there are people that rave on about their S3, their hd215's or their corsair case but in my mind it's just not prevalent enough to label the company.

This is what I was trying to convey. ^ 

Not necessarily. You have to remember that different people have experienced different things. The people mentioning brand X might have experienced a lot of people who overrate them.

Call of Duty, just because a lot of cod fanboys are saying other games are stealing ideas from cod, but it's actually the other way around.

Microsoft because they assume that people will buy Windows anyway, but actually a lot of people were unhappy about Windows 8, and though they said Windows 8.1 will be so much better, it isn't (in my opinion). 

If anything I think Linux is UNDERrated. It makes me happy to see steam pushing steam games to Linux.

And everything they did with the XBONE wasn't that good either.

And of course:

Apple,

Beats,

Samsung phones,

Skype,

McDonalds,

Abercrombie,

FIFA,

Tim Cook (Muahahah),

After Earth (In my opinion),

Nike,

Senheiser

Corsair

Samsung

I'd say a lot people over look other products in favour of these brands, when said other products are as good as or better, for a similar or lower price.

Still, that doesn't necessarily mean they're overrated.

LOMBORGHINI

FERRARI

razer 

apple

PORsche 

BOSE 

MONSTER CABLE 

ASUS ROG 

ALIEWARE 

Beats audio. Nuff said.

No actually. No. Must Rant. I hate people who wear beats audio. It's not even for status anymore and yet they still wear it.  There are plenty of other headphones that are better than beats.

I couldn't agree more..

Alienware, Beats, Razer, Corsiar, Asus, EA, Call of Duty, DEFINITELY NOT HALO (The person that said Halo is my nemesis).

Then I could go to cars and we'd go for days. 

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB