What brands do you think are OVERATED

Mrbluee

Im a pc and android user, I dont think apple is overrated (maybe the iphone), but their macbooks are very solid, and I still cant find a product macbook like with a similar build quality. MBP and windows ftw.

I do agree with: Alienware, Razer, BEATS, also disagree on Nvidia

Apple, Razer, Beats, Nvidia and.... Intel

Why intel just wondering

"My Profile Picture Says Everything You Need To Know About Life"

Why intel just wondering

Because... they are, just look at the FX8150 and FX8350 for example. For the longest time no one would recommend them, at all, for anything. Pretty much everyone made the assumption that Intel is better and I saw many people recommending i3s over the 8350 for gaming, rendering... everything. 

It took Logan and a bunch of other guys to release unbiased benchmarks before people started saying... "hmm, well maybe going the AMD route isn't a bad option" 

And it's not like graphics cards where new drivers are released and that changes the performance. ( I am aware of core parking updates for Windows 7). But lets take Windows 8 as an example, when the FX8350 was released it was considered to be a MUCH less powerful CPU than it is now, and the performance of it hasn't changed since then, at all, but peoples opinions have. And I think that this assumption that Intel is better than anything else is what makes them overrated or why I think they are, because they are considered to be the best in all use-case scenarios until 20 different guys prove they are not.

Corsair. U can get soo much more for your money if u go buy something else, and in EVERY SINGLE SYSTEM there is at least one corsair part.

Bose (Personally) aren't overrated, there one of the only speaker/headphones (Thingy Magig) that deserve their price range the quality is outstanding. Unlike beats where they cost £150 for basically £20 Headphones

Bose are almost as bad as Beats most of the time. As far as I know, only their quiet comfort series are decent, and that's only if you want active noise cancellation  which I personally hate (and so do a lot of other people who are serious about audio). I am not that much into speakers, but I am 99% sure that you can get something better for less when it comes to speakers.

Beats,Apple,Alienware.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

But they are made by seasonic

Not all of them. Full list of Seasonic units, anything not on this list is Channel Well or Flextronics (I might have missed one or two, but I don't think so):

CX-400

VX-450

HX-450

HX-520

HX-620

HX-650

TX-650

TX-650 v2

AX-650

TX-750 v2

AX-750

AX-850

TX-850 v2

Bose (Personally) aren't overrated, there one of the only speaker/headphones (Thingy Magig) that deserve their price range the quality is outstanding. Unlike beats where they cost £150 for basically £20 Headphones

The thing is though, nothing could be further from the truth. Beats and Bose are one and the same.

The general perception of Bose is that they make the best speakers and headphones in the world. The reality is they sell significantly overpriced products with mediocre-at-best sound quality, and their products get overhyped constantly because of the brand's popularity. You can get other headphones which sound better, are more comfortable, last longer and cost less - but the majority of people don't know it, as they've been told 'Bose = best' for so long.

Their products are not terrible, really. But they're nowhere near good enough to warrant the level of brand dedication and fascination they get, much less the money they earn from it.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Apple

Beats

Alienware

I am kind of a hypocrite for talking about Beats, because I have a pair. I do enjoy them, only because I have never owned "good" headphones. I got my Beats for Christmas as a surprise, and if I were to spend $200 on headphones, I would not get Beats.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

• Apple
  • Beats
  • Razer
  • Alienware
  • Call of Duty

I could probably think of more but I'm too tired

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Caselabs.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Caselabs.

Caselabs products are actually quality they are just awesome, i can tell you haven't had a Caselabs case :p

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Razer

Apple

Alienware

Dell

Coolermaster. They have good build quality, but there's 0 innovation. Companies that don't innovate and keep pumping out the same cases year after year just make the market stagnant. Fractal have some good designs, for example & Even corsair push the envelope a little.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Why is everyone saying Call of Duty since when was COD a brand

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Not all of them. Full list of Seasonic units, anything not on this list is Channel Well or Flextronics (I might have missed one or two, but I don't think so):

+ AX760 & AX860

Samsung phones

Coolermaster. They have good build quality, but there's 0 innovation. Companies that don't innovate and keep pumping out the same cases year after year just make the market stagnant. Fractal have some good designs, for example & Even corsair push the envelope a little.

Please tell me how Fractal and Corsair have been innovative in the case industry.

Why is everyone saying Call of Duty since when was COD a brand

Call of Duty is more of a real brand than Apple, Razer and the other companies mentioned in this thread.

Brand: /brand/

Noun: A type of product manufactured by a company under a particular name.

HAF would be a brand from the company Cooler Master. Call of Duty would be a brand from the companies Activision and Infinity Ward.

+ AX760 & AX860

Samsung phones

Oh right. My list is a bit outdated it seems. Might be missing a few more in that case. Probably some of the ones ending with "i" as well.

every and any brand is over-rated (at least byt someone that is)... Most people just stick to their favorite even if another is better.. Anyone here who said something is over-rated probably preferred a direct competitor to that brand, and even if its cheaper its probably still overrated and overpriced (not counting special sales) Every brand offers something, if you cant see that you'r as blind as the rest

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

Apple, Razer, Beats, Alienware, nVidia..The list goes on and on.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

Razer, apple

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

I have a Razer Keyboard and Mouse, both my first razer products ever and I am wondering why people are listing them so much? overrated as in they give you an extra edge? Maybe. They are a solid product. My Blackwidow Ultimate works great even after being mashed on by my kid and dropped on the floor several time.

Because... they are, just look at the FX8150 and FX8350 for example. For the longest time no one would recommend them, at all, for anything. Pretty much everyone made the assumption that Intel is better and I saw many people recommending i3s over the 8350 for gaming, rendering... everything. 

It took Logan and a bunch of other guys to release unbiased benchmarks before people started saying... "hmm, well maybe going the AMD route isn't a bad option" 

And it's not like graphics cards where new drivers are released and that changes the performance. ( I am aware of core parking updates for Windows 7). But lets take Windows 8 as an example, when the FX8350 was released it was considered to be a MUCH less powerful CPU than it is now, and the performance of it hasn't changed since then, at all, but peoples opinions have. And I think that this assumption that Intel is better than anything else is what makes them overrated or why I think they are, because they are considered to be the best in all use-case scenarios until 20 different guys prove they are not.

What you fail to realise is that Intel is the company that is moving forward. I fail to see why AMD still hasn't stepped up their game and gotten into a smalle lithography. Intel advances in processor architecture and lithography on a yearly basis, AMD for some reason doesn't.

Bash Intel all you want, but in the end, the 3570K is a for more flexible chip than an 8350. Yes, in some very particular cases the 8350 outperforms the 3570K, but outside of thos, it's the other way around.

I do think, however, that AMD is underrated. Lots of people would be far better of buying an AMD chip, but don't because of bad media attention. That's something I think should change.