What brands do you think are OVERATED

Mrbluee

Bose, Beats, Nintendo (uh-oh, I'm in trouble now), HP and Facebook.

No thanks to all of them.

why facebook. I know the site isn't perfect and has major flaws but what makes social networks is the people on it. Linus tech tips is nothing without the users although it is not the most stable site. Facebook has everyone on it so some of the major flaws in my mind can be forgiven. 

So basically I mean companies that are just to mainstream people cant get the heads around to other products

Hm...i have to say no hardwaremanufaturer like Asus or Corsair is mainstream enough to even fit the criteria. People with no clue buy Apple, Dell, HP or something like that, normal "mainstream people" don't even know how to build a pc with parts!

Fanboyism is a really big problem in the tek world. Corsair makes most of the times really good products, but not everything they make is great...but to condem the hole brand because their mice suck, or the CX series is way to popular compared to the rest you could buy?

Even Apple isn't overrated, but overpriced for sure!

Asus motherboards, they are good, just not as good as the hype especially ROG. I also hate HATE the gold color scheme, going with a gigabyte for my upcoming build for this reason alone.

Please tell me how Fractal and Corsair have been innovative in the case industry.

Call of Duty is more of a real brand than Apple, Razer and the other companies mentioned in this thread.

HAF would be a brand from the company Cooler Master. Call of Duty would be a brand from the companies Activision and Infinity Ward.

Activision is the brand that owns it all and Treyarch and Infinity Ward are part of the Call of Duty Franchise.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Logitech.

Just wondering why Logitech is on that list?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Bose, Beats, Alienware, Samsung, Apple, Nvidia

DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE

You little rebel.

Logitech for me

they just feel like a big manufacturer/brand that follows the trend of making "gaming" products

but all of them miss the details - stuff that others wouldn't have missed being actual gamers

Logitech G35 - I loved the features on it, and was executed well. the attachment/hinges where the ear-cups attach are composed of cheap plastic. Unless you have a small head, the stretch on these hinges will eventually just break. It's near impossible to patch it back together. I was forced to buy another headset - anyone who actually knew anything about headsets would have seen this construction flaw imo. Looking at the new ones, the design looks the same

Logitech MX Revolution (the original) - absolutely loved this mouse, the features and execution were great. I still miss it - the exposed charging contacts (instead of a connector/cable) rusted within a few months. Something that experienced developers probably would have seen coming

Logitech G700s - the coating on this mouse is very poor for a heavy-use gaming mouse. just like the previous I've tried, the coating will wear fast and feel awful

Logitech G25 - great wheel, best in the price range - could the shifter feel ANY cheaper? the pedals have hardly any feedback. too many buttons on the shifter, yet only 2 on the wheel? I hear the G27 is still only a small improvement on the previous design

As nice as they look on the outside, I just look at my pile of broken Logitech products and remind myself to not bother

Youtube. That's all.

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

Just wondering why Logitech is on that list?

Their mice and keyboards are great. Webcams, speakers, and headphones all suck pretty badly.  Same with most of their headsets. 

The stuff on their Ultimate Ears line is amazing, but I'm not sure if that counts as Logitech. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Coca-cola, Apple, Starbucks, Dodge, Best Buy, Sears, S&W, Dell, and GM.  This is just my short list. LOL  :lol:

Laws only govern the honest.

"Overrated" is mainly opinion based and for the most part 99% of this thread had been people just arguing over if something should or shouldn't be considered overrated. My true opinion is that if you haven't had personal hands on experience with multiple products from said company then you really can't say either way. As said before overrated doesn't mean over priced. I believe some people have had bad experiences and that's understandable but most people saying Apple, Razer, ect ect and just jumping on the band wagon with everyone else. My personal opinion is that my iPad is the best tablet out of the 3 I have and my Razer black widow ultimate 2013 is a better fit for me than the other mechanical keyboards I've had. So, if you disagree that's 100% okay because it's my opinion and I was just pointing out that people are entitled to there own opinions and BE NICE to one another lol.

i7 10700k @ 5.1Ghz, 1.37v | Asus Z490-E Strix | Asus Rtx 2080ti Strix | 16Gb Trident Z Rgb @ 3600MHz | Samsung 970 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w  | Corsair 500D | Celcius s36 /w ML Pro's

i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz, 1.31v | Asus Z370-A Prime | Asus Gtx 1080ti Strix | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | Samsung 850 Evo | Corsair TX 650W  | Corsair 750D | Corsair H100i v2 /w SP-120's

Their mice and keyboards are great. Webcams, speakers, and headphones all suck pretty badly.  Same with most of their headsets. 

The stuff on their Ultimate Ears line is amazing, but I'm not sure if that counts as Logitech. 

I own their speakers and headset. as well as mice and keyboards and I personally have not had any problems with them to be honest. So I would have to disagree with you.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Razer(Build quality), HP (dissapointed with their laptop yet people thinks HP is STILL one of the best).

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

intel & amd

Excuse me, what brand of CPU is in your current computer then?

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

why facebook. I know the site isn't perfect and has major flaws but what makes social networks is the people on it. Linus tech tips is nothing without the users although it is not the most stable site. Facebook has everyone on it so some of the major flaws in my mind can be forgiven. 

I have a long list of reasons as to why I dislike the site. Functionally and aesthetically it's an inconsistent mess and it's never clear what it primarily wants to achieve or do for itself or its users.

"I wanna be awesome and complex but wait no I wanna be nice and simple but wait no I wanna be just an easy way to talk to friends but no wait I wanna be a gaming hub but no wait I wanna be a news reporting site but no wait I wanna be..." 

But at the end of the day, my reasons for why I consider it overrated are simple. Facebook is regarded widely as the best thing in the history of the internet. People use it all day every day, updating their status and uploading images of everything they ever see. It's becoming quite literally an addiction, and for a lot of people already became an addiction quite some time ago.

As a result of the global popularity of Facebook and how potently addictive it is, there's a pervasive and disturbing ideology held by many people that if you don't have or use Facebook you are a socially reclusive freak. This view is far too common for my liking, and it makes me very uncomfortable.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Valve
motherFUCKing Valve

every goddamn person I meet that's a PC gamer or not thinks Gabe is some kind of god and would lick his feet on the spot

Glock!

but Glock's are very reliable fire arms, there's a reason for their praise, they are cheap and reliable like an AK

oh, and if it were a brand, PewDiePie

this video acknowledges all my complaints with him

Alienware, Beats, Apple. I just don't get it.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Beats, apple, alienware, nvidia, intel, activision (particularly cod), razer, corsair, asus, I really can't think of anything else...

Excuse me, what brand of CPU is in your current computer then?

caveman