What brands do you think are OVERATED

Mrbluee

Linus had a huge effect on Sennheiser's products. He was the one who made the first initiation towards 'audio is important' in gaming, and consequently, gamers started buying audiophile or at least high-end equipment. Sennheiser saw a quick cash grab opportunity, and pushed out 3-4 different gamer oriented headphones that are self-defeating. Sennheiser's pro equipment is still good mind you. But their new 'gamer' products are not.

The rest of your post is fanboyish, if someone came to my studio and bitched about me using AKG headphones, I'd kick them out the door.

AudioTechnica is another great brand.

please,  Sennheiser headphones have been recommended to gamers and audiophiles on internet forums for years, long before Linus was even on youtube.  I was even recommended them in 2004 on overclockers.com.au.  

I have had plenty of experience in studios and with live sound, I am merely reflecting what I see. I am not exagerating or making things up so how does that me sound like a fanboy?

Also I said nothing about audio technica or akg, read my post again, I actually said " There are only a handful of headphones you won't get questioned for having in a studio" I did not say they were the only good headphones or that you would get questioned for having any other brand.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I havent had any experience with their headphones but I know for a fact that their speakers are outstanding

Bose aren't that good. Their pro audio boxes are pretty average. Their amp modules are overpriced as are their DSP's. 

Bose aren't that good. Their pro audio boxes are pretty average. Their amp modules are overpriced as are their DSP's. 

I've got the Bose Companion 5's, and they are a bit overpriced for what they give, IMO.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

aAVwVkc.jpgygRmxjr.jpgUwiOdid.jpg6rRnzg6.jpgYkkyRzs.jpgaeFTrtQ.jpg

No innovation huh? Those all are definitely the same case

Lots of those are the same tower case, with a little bit of change. All the rest are coolermaster's replies to other manufacturers products.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Razer

Apple,

Corsair (I had 2 PSUs die on me),

Alienware (subdivision of Dell, but eh),

Beats Electronics

Intel, (the only thing that keeps others from beating Intel is money)

Acer (generally speaking, in a computer repair store 8 out of 10 computers that come in are acers

Dell (the other 2 out of 10

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

Some of the Bose pro audio gear I have worked with do sound quite good, But typically they are fixed systems and so are designed specifically for the venue.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Some of the Bose pro audio gear I have worked with do sound quite good, But typically they are fixed systems and so are designed specifically for the venue.

The 802's that I've used certainly weren't great. Cost the venue an arm and a leg to install where a set of QSC K boxes or JBL PRX600's would have done fine.

red bull

apple

logitech(especially their sound systems)

asus

corsair

rolex

samsung phones , because every samsung i ever had the freakin' screen went to hell :p every. single. one. of. them.
logitech a bit, i mean i love my logisch keyboard and mouse, but these are my last logitech products, time to move on, i think i could get equally good for less money.
apple.   they just say: you can buy our software, but if you do not installed it on a apple pc you can go to hell, we will not help you out if you run into a problem. and i don't want to pay so much for a god damn phone.
microsoift, because they just use their name
and i have to say sennheiser also, i still haven't got my usb sound card with my headset working, sennheiser isn't helping me and my pc store just says: it's probarly windows. no solution in sight
asus, i mean beside my isues with them currently all their lines look the same.

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

The 802's that I've used certainly weren't great. Cost the venue an arm and a leg to install where a set of QSC K boxes or JBL PRX600's would have done fine.

I have never had first hand experience working with QSC, but having heard them at rod laver I would expect them to be far superior.

Is it possible the tech just screwed up the install? my experience with JBL is that they make some pretty ordinary stuff too sometimes.

I have never had first hand experience working with QSC, but having heard them at rod laver I would expect them to be far superior.

Is it possible the tech just screwed up the install? my experience with JBL is that they make some pretty ordinary stuff too sometimes.

Yeah there were some serious questions to be asked about their install however they're horrible speakers. You're talking from memory about 110dB max SPL and about 91dB average.

JBL is a bit hit and miss. VRX - pretty good to some ears, horrible to others. SRX/STX - backbone of hire inventory for most touring companies. PRX612 - good FOH, crap wedge. PRX625 - overheats. Depends what you buy.

QSC in Australia is undheard of and that sucks because they're some really good cabs.

Yeah there were some serious questions to be asked about their install however they're horrible speakers. You're talking from memory about 110dB max SPL and about 91dB average.

JBL is a bit hit and miss. VRX - pretty good to some ears, horrible to others. SRX/STX - backbone of hire inventory for most touring companies. PRX612 - good FOH, crap wedge. PRX625 - overheats. Depends what you buy.

QSC in Australia is undheard of and that sucks because they're some really good cabs.

I'l start a new thread about this so this one doesn't get highjacked, but I know what you mean there.

Lots of those are the same tower case, with a little bit of change. All the rest are coolermaster's replies to other manufacturers products.

What? CM has a very serious variety of cases, the Cosmos 2 is hands down the best Super Tower there is and their Haf series have continued to be very popular among enthusiasts. I would say CM and Thermaltake are the only case companies that take risky steps. Corsair is one of the most boring case companies there is.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

EVGA, Ducky, Sennheiser... really?

Again..Overrated doesn't mean bad.

I would say CM and Thermaltake are the only case companies that take risky steps. Corsair is one of the most boring case companies there is.

Lian Li?

BGumER2.jpg

zBbYnxN.jpg

cN4hNda.jpg

Not to mention the A05N that I'm currently using, or the PC-VXXX cases that also stick the PSU up front...

red bull

apple

logitech(especially their sound systems)

asus

corsair

rolex

Red Bull defiantly as all energy drinks tastes the same but red bull being bold as they are, are charging people ALOT more

"My Profile Picture Says Everything You Need To Know About Life"

Nvidia, AMD, Intel (Yes I think that they are all overrated in their own way), htc ( Slightly ), Alienware, Beats, Apple.

so basicly, nothing is good enough for you? :P

ASUS,Apple,Intel,Samsung,Coolermaster (for they're heatsinks),Western Digital (never had a Seagate or WD fail on me).

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

What? CM has a very serious variety of cases, the Cosmos 2 is hands down the best Super Tower there is and their Haf series have continued to be very popular among enthusiasts. I would say CM and Thermaltake are the only case companies that take risky steps. Corsair is one of the most boring case companies there is.

Popular doesn't mean innovative. The reason companies produce similar cases is because they sell. The don't make risky moves in case they don't sell. 

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Popular doesn't mean innovative. The reason companies produce similar cases is because they sell. The don't make risky moves in case they don't sell. 

You know, CM is about functional cases,

Not like Lian-Li that just faffs around a bit

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

so basicly, nothing is good enough for you? :P

Pretty much, lol. I don't really hate any of them though, I just think that they were all overrated at one point or another.

"No signature"

I never said popular meant innovative. Tell me how Corsair is innovative in any way more than CM

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Im a pc and android user, I dont think apple is overrated (maybe the iphone), but their macbooks are very solid, and I still cant find a product macbook like with a similar build quality.

I give you, the...

Lenovo U410 XD

post-3287-0-52157100-1373810740_thumb.jp

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I never said popular meant innovative. Tell me how Corsair is innovative in any way more than CM

They take more risks, push the boat out a little more. 

A - Other companies are constantly trying to emulate Corsair's methods of closed loop coolers

B - Their 800/900D cases have features like no other cases

C - As I said before, the Carbide Air 540 is something new.

Coolermaster:

The only thing I can think of is their cooler that is made to be expanded. 

Although the HAF series is very popular, it's nothing new, it's old stuff done to a higher standard and quality. 

They take more risks, push the boat out a little more. 

A - Other companies are constantly trying to emulate Corsair's methods of closed loop coolers

B - Their 800/900D cases have features like no other cases

C - As I said before, the Carbide Air 540 is something new.

Coolermaster:

The only thing I can think of is their cooler that is made to be expanded. 

Although the HAF series is very popular, it's nothing new, it's old stuff done to a higher standard and quality. 

Partly agree with you but the Carbide Air 540 is NOT something new, Lian Li and other companies have been making this type of cases for yeeeaaaars. CM is vastly overrated though, especially the Cosmos 2 case. So poorly engineered. It's huge and one of their selling points is that it fits 4 full size graphics cards, yet they don't provide a way to adequately cool it. So what you essentially get is a huge 22 kg case that will only fit a 2-way SLI system if you still want decent temps. Of course Alienware is vastly overrated as well, and the same goes for Falcon NW.

I notice Apple has been mentioned a lot in this thread though and that's just down right wrong. The iPhone is a beautifully crafted product with a great OS for people who don't care for customizing everything but just want to use their phone. Of course this is not what you look for as an Android user, but it doesn't make the product less good. The same goes for the MacBook, beautiful aluminium unibody, good performance and great battery life. OS is super smooth and in general works quite well plus Apple are still the only ones to offer a laptop with a half decent panel (high-res IPS). You really can't flame their design seeing as everyone and their dog is copying it (This is by no means a bad thing, after all it means more beautiful products on the market, but is still a fact).

Alienware, Bose, Monster Cables, Beats, Pebble, Blizzard, Bethesda, Nintendo, Sony, Symantec, Netflix UK, and more I can't think of... (some to a lesser extent than others)