Star Wars: Battlefront - 40 Player battles, pre-order and No battlelog

werto165

The footage as a gif:

My god... That looks so good. Dice better not pull an ubisoft and intentionally nerf the games visuals.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Seriously, what has everyone got against battle log? I don't get it. You double click on bf4 on your desktop then battlog appears you click on servers and you're good to go.

You don't even need to touch the origin thing which just boots itself up in the background.

It's super simple if you're browsing the Web and decide you want to have a round of bf4, you just hit a bookmarked link to the server browser and you're INSTANTLY there. I don't get why people would prefer to have to go back to the desktop and open a standalone app to get to that point a lot slower?

And yes you can play the single player offline (although if you're playing bf4 for the single player you're missing the point)

I can't wait for battlefront and I sincerely hope it uses battlelog as it's a very convenient way of doing things.

1. I want to be able to change graphics settings before loading up a campaign mission or multiplayer session.

2. Closing the game completely and restarting it to join another server or game mode is awful, especially when you have the game on an HDD and not an SSD.

External server browsers have their benefits, but I'd like the option to not use it.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

My god... That looks so good. Dice better not pull an ubisoft and intentionally nerf the games visuals.

It's a pre-rendered trailer, probably developed by Blur.

They're using a new version of Frosbite Engine and are using photogrammetry for objects so stuff like rocks, plants are laser scanned assets like in The Vanishing Of Ethan Cater.

It's real time In-Engine footage just like the footage from E3.

And it's obviously going to looks miles better than Battlefield 4 as it's Ps4/XboxOne/PC only.

RTX2070OC 

They're using a new version of Frosbite Engine and are using photogrammetry for objects so stuff like rocks, plants are laser scanned assets like in The Vanishing Of Ethan Cater.

And it's obviously going to looks miles better than Battlefield 4 as it's Ps4/XboxOne/PC only.

I don't see how they can pull something like that off with the consoles being around, the console couldn't handle graphics like that in a million years. Unless they've made a new engine that is optimised like a god. Do you know if it's on a new engine or not? Doesn't seem like this is frost bite 3. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

real time In engine footage is another way of saying pre-rendered cinematic.  It's just rendered in their engine and playing a video in real time.  The final game will not look like that.

Every single game that has .bik movie cutscenes says they are in engine cutscenes, even though they're recorded for the final game.  

Until they show actual gameplay footage, I don't buy it.

real time In engine footage is another way of saying pre-rendered cinematic.  It's just rendered in their engine and playing a video in real time.  The final game will not look like that.

Every single game that has .bik movie cutscenes says they are in engine cutscenes, even though they're recorded for the final game.  

Well they've said that they're showing gameplay behind doors in anehiem apparently, so we might see some leak out, but I would imagine they would be showcasing it @E3 and just giving a teaser. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I don't see how they can pull something like that off with the consoles being around, the console couldn't handle graphics like that in a million years. Unless they've made a new engine that is optimised like a god. Do you know if it's on a new engine or not? Doesn't seem like this is frost bite 3. 

They could do something similar to BF3 and have a dumbed-down version for consoles, but that's just speculation  

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

7:30 pm CET! cant wait :)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

may Origin be with you.

may browser plugins be with.

may Required internet access be with you.

I don't care how nice the game is, with EA running the show like Battlefield, it will be ruined.

i dont know  EA are getting better and are starting to listen to people....i read that battlefront will not be using battle log.....let me find it

edit http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/17/star-wars-battlefront-no-battlelog-support-pc-ps4-xbox-one/

Edited by jaggysnake57

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

i dont know  EA are getting better and are starting to listen to people....i read that battlefront will not be using battle log.....let me find it

edit http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/17/star-wars-battlefront-no-battlelog-support-pc-ps4-xbox-one/

I will believe it when it is released without it. That new story sites a post on a forum saying it is from the developer, without any indication of such on the forum sited nor the users profile. It is hearsay at best.

(not only that, one has to REGISTER to that forum to see the users full profile, and registration is impossible because of this: The email address you specified is not suitable for registration at NeoGAF. This may be because it is recognised as a free e-mail address - as stated in the Terms of Service we can not accept registration from free e-mail accounts (such as Hotmail or Gmail). If the address you provided is not a free e-mail account, then it may have been explicitly banned for another reason. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, then please contact the administrator by clicking here.  They do not accept FREE email addresses, meaning it is impossible for most to register. I am not going to pay for an email address to see more than the quoted post).

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

The release is sadly still quite far away D:

@werto165 you can add the release date maybe :D it's 17 november 2015

source: http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/nextgen_battlefront/news/star_wars_battlefront_releases_november_17_2015_on_ps4_xbox_one_and_pc.html

Too lazy to make a new topic about it xD

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

PCMustardRace*, since you can't ketchup to the fun that everyone else has.

Controllers have their place. Hell, I play most of my PC games on a controller since a controller is more comfortable when I'm on the sofa, you know, playing PC games on my 130" home theatre screen like all the PCMR types jerk off about doing. Hell, even at my desk. Hunched over a keyboard and mouse doesn't make sense for all games. Certainly not for things like FIFA or even casual arcade racing games.

But what do I know, I just play games for fun and I don't jerk off in circular motions about them.

Mustard Racers go on and on about how you can use a PC in your home theatre environment, well guess what? Controller > KBM for that use case. I don't think you understand just how pathetically uncomfortable it is playing a game on a recliner with a KBM. Its far from pleasant. Controllers are far, far better.

I agree with you that controllers have their place, but you don't have to be such an asshole about it.

- snip-

Nope. Frostbite 3 is one ridiculous good looking engine (this might even be Frostbite 3.5) and thats all in game footage. 

It doesn't look much different from The Order 1866 it's probably going to run 900p/30fps on consoles.

Also it doesn't need to look like that on console DICE always makes the PC version very different from the console version.

Battlefield 3 was a complete different game on PC gameplay and graphics wise.

It's not pre rendered you can even see pop in and other real time artifacts in the E3 footage it's probably just running on Titan SLI maxed out in 4K.

And they're using photogrammetry in Star Wars Battlefront so assets will look better than in any other game besides The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter and the UE4 Kite Demo that also use it.

Also with it coming at the end of the year it will probably support DX12.

RTX2070OC 

Nope. Frostbite 3 is one ridiculous good looking engine (this might even be Frostbite 3.5) and thats all in game footage. 

Choreography isn't gameplay.

It could be frostbyte I'll grant you, but it's not anything indicative of how the game will play.

HALF AN HOUR LEFT AHHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT!

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Choreography isn't gameplay.

It could be frostbyte I'll grant you, but it's not anything indicative of how the game will play.

Very true, but it seems like everyone is getting three different things confused - since there is some measure of overlap:

1. In-game Gameplay footage - This is footage taken directly from the game, of actual gameplay (eg: sequences you'll see in the game and be able to recreate when you own the game) - This is rendered in real time, using the game engine.

2. In-game cutscenes - These are "videos" that are rendered in real time by the game engine - generally, this is still fairly representative of how the game will look graphically, though there may be some sequences that you cannot reproduce during regular gameplay (Eg: Large scripted battle sequences, or specific vehicle manoeuvres).

3. Pre-rendered video - simply put, a video file being played by the game. This is just like watching any other video file, such as a movie or TV show or youtube clip. The rendering is done before hand, and is generally "CGI Cinematics" and the like. These in no way represent in-game graphical detail, as the CGI can often be of much higher quality then is possible to be rendered in real time.

I think, once everyone understands the differences, there'll be a lot less confusion.

We simply don't know if that clip was a pre-rendered, or in-game real time scripted cutscene. Even if it's choreographed (eg: Scripted), it's still an important distinction to make.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Very true, but it seems like everyone is getting three different things confused - since there is some measure of overlap:

1. In-game Gameplay footage - This is footage taken directly from the game, of actual gameplay (eg: sequences you'll see in the game and be able to recreate when you own the game) - This is rendered in real time, using the game engine.

2. In-game cutscenes - These are "videos" that are rendered in real time by the game engine - generally, this is still fairly representative of how the game will look graphically, though there may be some sequences that you cannot reproduce during regular gameplay (Eg: Large scripted battle sequences, or specific vehicle manoeuvres).

3. Pre-rendered video - simply put, a video file being played by the game. This is just like watching any other video file, such as a movie or TV show or youtube clip. The rendering is done before hand, and is generally "CGI Cinematics" and the like. These in no way represent in-game graphical detail, as the CGI can often be of much higher quality then is possible to be rendered in real time.

I think, once everyone understands the differences, there'll be a lot less confusion.

We simply don't know if that clip was a pre-rendered, or in-game real time scripted cutscene. Even if it's choreographed (eg: Scripted), it's still an important distinction to make.

I have heard that it was all in-engine, real time. What you see is what you get. 

That being said, its not like the Battlefield trailers like this one which are 100% recreated during a 'live game'. But we've only seen 10 seconds, so theres is a lot more to come. 

SW.com down.. the DDOS is real

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

By the way, you can watch it live here:

It starts now  :)

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I must say, that if that is from a PS4 in game render, then that is quite impressive.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.