Star Wars: Battlefront - 40 Player battles, pre-order and No battlelog

werto165

I must say, that if that is from a PS4 in game render, then that is quite impressive.

Its rendered using the game engine, its not real time by the looks of it. 

@dalekphalm explained it well. 

In engine indeed. 

Pause the trailer at 2:08. "Not actual gameplay". But it does say game engine footage at the beginning.

Edit: Saw your other response. lol nvm. I'll leave this here for others.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

I know that. I just found it fairly peculiar that sony/playstation were being plugged in the footage.

I'm wondering if Sony had some sort of deal with EA in regards to that. I have no doubt that the PC version will look 100x better than the console versions.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I know that. I just found it fairly peculiar that sony/playstation were being plugged in the footage.

I'm wondering if Sony had some sort of deal with EA in regards to that. I have no doubt that the PC version will look 100x better than the console versions.

Sony got tired of being outspent by MS for multiplatform launches, it seems. 

Sony got tired of being outspent by MS for multiplatform launches, it seems. 

:P

To be honest, that is interesting to say the least. Especially with the rumors going around that Battlefront may release a day or two ahead on Xbox. 

Seems to me that EA is double dipping in cash by having deals with both MS and Sony.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

:P

To be honest, that is interesting to say the least. Especially with the rumors going around that Battlefront may release a day or two ahead on Xbox. 

Seems to me that EA is double dipping in cash by having deals with both MS and Sony.

Marketing deal with Sony but early release with Xbox, because lets not forget that Sony publicly spit on EA Access (how Battlefront is getting its early release) but MS welcomed a competing content delivery system without cause for alarm, so EA can take Sonys money all they want, Sony already lost their chance at early release deals at least with EA. 

Which brings another humorous point. Sony has no game delivery methods apart from their own. MS has their own and now allows EA to sell their own subscription pack on the same console alongside the XBO marketplace. And who said MS didn't welcome competition? 

Hopefully some gameplay is "leaked" from behind closed doors, apparently they're showing it,  don't know who to however. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

A mini-update:

The DLC "Battle of Jakku" will be free on december 8th. If you pre-order, you get it a week in advance.

Edited by ionbasa

That was absolutely amazing. Both battlefronts were a significant part of my childhood and I am so happy that they get to continue.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

No gameplay shown. Fk this

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

"100X"

i'd post the screenshots, but this forum doesn't allow me to directly post them

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/3/6/8/9/1/BF4_PS4_049.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/3/6/8/9/1/BF4_PC_049.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

The one thing that might be interesting is if DICE is targeting 60FPS or 30 for console release, if 30 then it will probably be PCs Ultra settings, if 60, which seems likely given DICEs to date current Gen releases it will probably be equivalent to high like BF4

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

i can't wait for this game

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

"100X"

i'd post the screenshots, but this forum doesn't allow me to directly post them

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/3/6/8/9/1/BF4_PS4_049.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/3/6/8/9/1/BF4_PC_049.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

The one thing that might be interesting is if DICE is targeting 60FPS or 30 for console release, if 30 then it will probably be PCs Ultra settings, if 60, which seems likely given DICEs to date current Gen releases it will probably be equivalent to high like BF4

Well if DICE pushed the PC's limits it would look better than console, however the only real difference is AA and resolution in games like BF4. I can't see battlefront hitting 60FPS whilst it looks like that, they must be going the 30FPS route with it. Graphics are nice to have, but it's not everything for a good gaming experience. Once you get past a certain point, you really have to be looking hard to spot the differences. Most of the reason I choose PC is the frame rate and I can't use controllers for shit. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

just giong to have to wait till gameplay footage is leaked or released suppose they saving all that for E3

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

just giong to have to wait till gameplay footage is leaked or released suppose they saving all that for E3

There is a description of it here: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/weve-seen-7-minutes-of-star-wars-battlefront-gameplay

A mini-update:

The DLC "Battle of Jakou" will be free (I believe I spelled it wrong) on december 8th. If you pre-order, you get it a week in advance.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/star-wars-celebration-free-battle-of-jakku-battlefront-dlc-revealed?watch

It's the Battle of Jakku. 

Looks very undetailed and plain in the trailer. Hopefully it's better later on in development.

Looks very undetailed and plain in the trailer. Hopefully it's better later on in development.

Did you watch the same trailer? it looks phenomenal. 

You get to pilot the AT-AT. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You get to pilot the AT-AT. 

And : Large numbers of infantry are taking on a variety of vehicles, and there are plenty of vehicles at the players disposal; producer Ray MacLeod confirmed that "TIE Fighters, X-Wings, AT-ATs, AT-STs, snow speeders, speederbikes, and of course, the Millennium Falcon"

And : Large numbers of infantry are taking on a variety of vehicles, and there are plenty of vehicles at the players disposal; producer Ray MacLeod confirmed that "TIE Fighters, X-Wings, AT-ATs, AT-STs, snow speeders, speederbikes, and of course, the Millennium Falcon"

Yeah, read up on it all. Can't wait the wrap a speedbike around the tree. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Any word on character customisation?

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Any word on character customisation?

No idea, it seems from what people are saying about it that it's trying to be as authentic as possible, so perhaps there is some customization but I wouldn't imagine too much, who knows to be honest. 

If you  pre-order a DICE game these days, you must be new to gaming.