Star Wars: Battlefront - 40 Player battles, pre-order and No battlelog

werto165

Hmmm... I'm gonna wait until I see an actual gameplay footage.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

I must admit, the lack of a campaign is a serious disappointment for me. I don't care for multiplayer games that much. From time to time, sure, but single player story driven campaigns are the bomb.

They have single player "crafted missions" (With the ability for co-op). I'm just curious as to what exactly that will mean. If you play a series of "missions", will they form an overall story? Will there be consistency or progression throughout the missions?

Not that many people on PC will take advantage of it, but the article doesn't specify if split screen is Console Only or is PC as well.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I must admit, the lack of a campaign is a serious disappointment for me. I don't care for multiplayer games that much. From time to time, sure, but single player story driven campaigns are the bomb.

They have single player "crafted missions" (With the ability for co-op). I'm just curious as to what exactly that will mean. If you play a series of "missions", will they form an overall story? Will there be consistency or progression throughout the missions?

Not that many people on PC will take advantage of it, but the article doesn't specify if split screen is Console Only or is PC as well.

That sounds exactly like how the campaign in Battlefront 2 worked so I guess it will be just like that.

I really really hope that they put split screen on PC.

RTX2070OC 

That sounds exactly like how the campaign in Battlefront 2 worked so I guess it will be just like that.

I really really hope that they put split screen on PC.

I did not think the campaign in Battlefront II was good... at all. It was glorified CTF with cutscenes. It was shit. The gameplay was fun, yes, but I demand more from a campaign then a cutscene, and then a multiplayer map against infinitely respawning Bots.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Planetary battles only?  Sounds good to me!

*Confirmed: Ship-to-ship space battles coming in 2016 via Battlefront Premium!**

**Not sarcasm, I genuinely believe this will occur.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

The only thing that will surprise me is if EA doesn't turn this into one big day-1-broken, battlelog-filled, DLC cash grab.

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.

The only thing that will surprise me is if EA doesn't turn this into one big day-1-broken, battlelog-filled, DLC cash grab.

Well one of your wishes is already happening, it has no battlelog. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Battlefront wont use battlelog, dice confirmed, it will be all in game

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-will-not-use-battlelog-after-all/

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Battlefront wont use battlelog, dice confirmed, it will be all in game

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-will-not-use-battlelog-after-all/

One step ahead :P:ph34r: , I really don't know If I'm allowed to keep changing this thread, initially it was just about the live stream itself, none of the original content is in it(about the live stream I mean). Oh well, I guess it stops multiple posts for little updates.  

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

NO BATTLE LOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Absolutely; huge downer.

What an opportunity to create a big AAA fps game within the Star Wars Universe; take players on an adventure. Maybe even tie into some of the events of the upcoming movie. Seems like such a wasted opportunity when you have the Star Wars franchise and don't make a campaign. I was gonna buy this but will probably give it a miss now.

Absolutely; huge downer.

What an opportunity to create a big AAA fps game within the Star Wars Universe; take players on an adventure. Maybe even tie into some of the events of the upcoming movie. Seems like such a wasted opportunity when you have the Star Wars franchise and don't make a campaign. I was gonna buy this but will probably give it a miss now.

Well the campaigns from the last Battlefront games (as I recall them) were nothing more than MP games against bots. Don't know what people expected here with the 3rd installment.

Well the campaigns from the last Battlefront games (as I recall them) were nothing more than MP games against bots.

I guess we were expecting them to learn from previous games and get better. i.e. make a better campaign.

Anyway if they want to make a multi-player only game that's their design choice. I won't buy it, but I can't fault them for it.

50 fucking pound? I thought the $90 AUD they were asking for was to far.

Publishers need to stop screwing us over, nobody cares if our standard of living is higher than the US. I don't see why we should be punished for it lol...

Anyway, I won't be pre-ordering personally since it seems to be actually a new game and not a BF reskin and could be fucked on launch.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I guess we were expecting them to learn from previous games and get better. i.e. make a better campaign.

Learn from what? The previous games sold great and were great without an in depth campaign. The hallmark of the series is the fact you are just fighting it out in a battlefield from the Star Wars universe. Not every game NEEDS a bare minimum serviceable campaign nor does every game NEED bare minimum serviceable multilayer (although ME3's horde mode was on point). I would have thought people would have realized that some games are actually better because they don't have one or the other (and some are better because they have both).

Learn from what? The previous games sold great and were great without an in depth campaign.

Ok so you are not supposed to learn anything if your game sells well?

Not every game NEEDS a bare minimum serviceable campaign nor does every game NEED bare minimum serviceable multilayer (although ME3's horde mode was on point). I would have thought people would have realized that some games are actually better because they don't have one or the other (and some are better because they have both).

learn to read.

I said I hoped they had learned to

make a better campaign

I also said

if they want to make a multi-player only game that's their design choice.

I'm not faulting them. It's just something that some of us were hoping for becuase we like single player story driven campaigns and we like star wars. Now they decided to focus on multiplayer which is ok- that's the direction they want for Battlefront and good luck to them. Not holding it against them...

Ok so you are not supposed to learn anything if your game sells well?

learn to read.

I said I hoped they had learned to

make a better campaign

I also said

if they want to make a multi-player only game that's their design choice.

I'm not faulting them. It's just something that some of us were hoping for becuase we like single player story driven campaigns and we like star wars. Now they decided to focus on multiplayer which is ok- that's the direction they want for Battlefront and good luck to them. Not holding it against them...

we are talking about dice here, the last time they made a somewhat memorable campaign was 5 years ago with bc2 and even then it wasn't that great vs other fps's, so not having a dedicated campaign was imo the best decision they could have made for this game, especially when bf fans have screamed at then to axe sp from battlefield since they first started doing it, also is not like this will be the only star wars game EA is making, there's viceral and bioware working on other SW games and those will be very single player focused especially the one from bioware

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

No battlelog?!?! Dear fucking good god praise the Lord!

My uni (whose internet I'm on) blocks it. And a vpn adds so much latency

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

All I want is Galactic Conquest...

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

Did you watch the same trailer? it looks phenomenal. 

I did. Look at the amount of detail on the faces and on the texture quality on their uniforms. Very unimpressive. I'm hoping this is early unfinished footage and will get better before it's released.

viceral amd bioware working on other SW games and those will be very single player focused especially the one from bioware

What is bioware making?

What is bioware making?

the only thing out there is that they are working on something, most likely a RPG since that's what they do, EA said that they tasked dice, visceral and bioware into making SW games when they got the rights to star wars video games back in mid 2013 from disney

All I want is Galactic Conquest...

Hey, this isn't Empire at War :P! (one of my all time favorite rts games).

Joking aside, Galactic Conquest was pretty fun in Battlefront 2.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.