Star Wars: Battlefront - 40 Player battles, pre-order and No battlelog

werto165

I only care about the game right now.... 

I love star wars but  BATTLEFRONT IS AMAZING

Don't mess this up DICE  :angry:

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Controllers have no place. There are alternatives all you need is a chair. You will look less of a twat if you are sitting down in a chair with a mechanical 60 % keyboard and a wireless mouse then if you where standing with a 360 controller. But then I am PCMasterRace so what do I know.

PCMustardRace*, since you can't ketchup to the fun that everyone else has. 

Controllers have their place. Hell, I play most of my PC games on a controller since a controller is more comfortable when I'm on the sofa, you know, playing PC games on my 130" home theatre screen like all the PCMR types jerk off about doing. Hell, even at my desk. Hunched over a keyboard and mouse doesn't make sense for all games. Certainly not for things like FIFA or even casual arcade racing games. 

But what do I know, I just play games for fun and I don't jerk off in circular motions about them. 

Mustard Racers go on and on about how you can use a PC in your home theatre environment, well guess what? Controller > KBM for that use case. I don't think you understand just how pathetically uncomfortable it is playing a game on a recliner with a KBM. Its far from pleasant. Controllers are far, far better. 

Controllers have no place.

Controllers have their place. 

kuddlesworth9419 is completely right.  Controllers have no place at all.  The games that are best played with keyboard:

• Super Mario World
  • Guitar Hero
  • 1v1 Fighting Games
  • Racing Games

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

One thing I never understood was battlelog. Why can't we have an ACTUAL FUCKING homescreen like console does. I actually preferred bf3 on console due to its simplicity compared to using a fucking web browser on pc.

I think Battlelog atleast offers some useful features, although I do wish it were optional.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Seriously, what has everyone got against battle log? I don't get it. You double click on bf4 on your desktop then battlog appears you click on servers and you're good to go.

You don't even need to touch the origin thing which just boots itself up in the background.

It's super simple if you're browsing the Web and decide you want to have a round of bf4, you just hit a bookmarked link to the server browser and you're INSTANTLY there. I don't get why people would prefer to have to go back to the desktop and open a standalone app to get to that point a lot slower?

And yes you can play the single player offline (although if you're playing bf4 for the single player you're missing the point)

I can't wait for battlefront and I sincerely hope it uses battlelog as it's a very convenient way of doing things.

i like turtles

I am REALLY hoping that this is not only a battlefield re-skin. Please let there be space battles PLEASE!!!!!

Seriously, what has everyone got against battle log? I don't get it. You double click on bf4 on your desktop then battlog appears you click on servers and you're good to go.

You don't even need to touch the origin thing which just boots itself up in the background.

It's super simple if you're browsing the Web and decide you want to have a round of bf4, you just hit a bookmarked link to the server browser and you're INSTANTLY there. I don't get why people would prefer to have to go back to the desktop and open a standalone app to get to that point a lot slower?

And yes you can play the single player offline (although if you're playing bf4 for the single player you're missing the point)

I can't wait for battlefront and I sincerely hope it uses battlelog as it's a very convenient way of doing things.

Its because its an annoying extra step that is realy not needed. If it was simply run in the games client, than it would be much smoother imo.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

They should have waited until May 4th to do this.

That will be the open beta date. :)

It's like Battlefield but with Light Sabers. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

And yes you can play the single player offline (although if you're playing bf4 for the single player you're missing the point).

I think YOU are missing the entire point. Not everyone has internet. Not everyone wants to pay Microsoft for the ability to play online (xbox Live). Not eveyone has internet that is fast enough to play online, or even have the ping to make it realistic to play online. In this area of the country the average internet speed is around 1Mbps down and 512Kbps up with 200 ish ms pings, if you are not fortunate enough to pay Time Warner $75 a month for the 10Mbps package.

Offline play is still a necessity, and believeing otherwise makes one sound (and look) like an entitled ass.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Always figured some of it is just shit-tinted glasses recalling the early BF3 battelog, which was extremely buggy and unreliable.  Crapped out on me personally more times than I could count, timeouts, hangs, you name it.  It would happen sporadically to my whole group of friends making squad play impossible.  But then years went by...

By the time I played BF4 everything seemed to work pretty smooth, for me at least.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Was the render all they released so far?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Was the render all they released so far?

Yeah it was off the stars wars battlefront Instagram, apparently all in engine, I might need a new gpu if I want to run this and have it look like that.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

kuddlesworth9419 is completely right.  Controllers have no place at all.  The games that are best played with keyboard:

• Super Mario World
  • Guitar Hero
  • 1v1 Fighting Games
  • Racing Games

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

Eggsactly 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Soooo fuckin excited!!! Dont screw this one up EA, i dont care if it's delayed by half a year, just have it working.

If they fuck this up, I will force feed the head of EA my keyboard. 

And then cry. Cry tears of regret and sorrow. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I dare you EA, i double dare you! If you fuck this game up i'll fuck you up!

Same goes for you JJ!

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Controllers have no place. There are alternatives all you need is a chair. You will look less of a twat if you are sitting down in a chair with a mechanical 60 % keyboard and a wireless mouse then if you where standing with a 360 controller. But then I am PCMasterRace so what do I know.

I seriously hope you're being sarcastic, or otherwise trolling... Because, if not, you're making yourself look like an elitist fool.

You'll look like a twat if you're up on a stage, during the middle of a live press conference, doing a demo, and then you plop down into a desk with a keyboard and mouse... For what?

Using an XBox controller is definitely a superior way to do a live demo on-stage. It's more fluid as a presentation device.

Who cares if he's not 360 no-scoping people? He's not there to show off elite haxxor skills. He's there to show a bit of the gameplay and how the game looks and runs.

PCMustardRace*, since you can't ketchup to the fun that everyone else has. 

Controllers have their place. Hell, I play most of my PC games on a controller since a controller is more comfortable when I'm on the sofa, you know, playing PC games on my 130" home theatre screen like all the PCMR types jerk off about doing. Hell, even at my desk. Hunched over a keyboard and mouse doesn't make sense for all games. Certainly not for things like FIFA or even casual arcade racing games. 

But what do I know, I just play games for fun and I don't jerk off in circular motions about them. 

Mustard Racers go on and on about how you can use a PC in your home theatre environment, well guess what? Controller > KBM for that use case. I don't think you understand just how pathetically uncomfortable it is playing a game on a recliner with a KBM. Its far from pleasant. Controllers are far, far better. 

This exactly. I play my FPS games on a PC with a keyboard and mouse, when sitting at my desk in my room. But if I'm playing a racing game, flight sim, space sim, or free flowing movement game (such as Assassin's Creed), I'm definitely going to use a Controller. Yes, you can still play games like AC with a Keyboard and Mouse, but it's more comfortable and natural with the free flowing movement for me to use a Controller.

And that's what makes PC Gaming Great! I get to choose which peripherals I like best, and which ones work best for any particular genre/game.

• Super Mario World
  • Guitar Hero
  • 1v1 Fighting Games
  • Racing Games

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

lol indeed ;) Keyboard and Mouse are superior for racing games. Gotta love "Full Turning" or "No Turning", or "Full Acceleration" and "No Acceleration".

Pfft what a Revan wannabe. 

MalakyRevan.jpg

Revan is my all time favourite Sith.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I seriously hope you're being sarcastic

I was being very sarcastic. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I was being very sarcastic. 

Now we can agree on something ;):D

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The first screenshot of Star Wars Battlefront has been revealed by EA

attachicon.gif5fYaBTC.jpg

Source: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news

Also like 10 seconds of "gameplay" at the end of the force awakens #2 trailer. 

Obviously not that high quality.