Experiences with non-techies

"Did you get that new Xbox update?"

"Yeah! It upgraded the graphics so much man!"

i still giggle inside a little when i realize alot of console people still think they're gonna get 4k gaming. xP 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

i still giggle inside a little when i realize alot of console people still think they're gonna get 4k gaming. xP 

Maybe in 50 years. If their lucky ;)

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Yeah, good luck with that ;) You may have a 4k console (in twenty years), but good luck playing on that old cathode ray 72" TV from the early 90s.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Without upgrading any of the components inside? GOOD FUCKING LUCK!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

They will have 4K when 4K is the new 720p.

*480p

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Oh the horror...

5 minutes later... OMG! THE XBONE IS SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL! IT HAS DOWNLOAD MORE RAM API SO WE CAN MAKE IT SO MUCH FASTER

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

IGNORE

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

DEWRITOS

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

not mine but meh

5780879_700b.jpg

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Earlier today, my dad was trying to reset his LinkedIn password because he couldn't remember it, so he asked me to come over because it wouldn't let him reset his password and was telling him to enter his email again. Turns out the link expired.

Also, right now I'm helping him set up his Skycaddie on my mom's laptop, step-by-step.

Listening to radio, heard this in an ad: "hotels.com is the best .com for booking hotels, and the worst .com for anything else"

It's called a website, not a .com

Morons

It's like when people say times instead of multiply. "and then you times three by five and get fifteen". It's MULTIPLY, you idiots.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

It's like when people say times instead of multiply. "and then you times three by five and get fifteen". It's MULTIPLY, you idiots.

There are situations where times sounds better. "2 times 4 equals 8" instead of "2 multiplied by 4 equals 8"

There are situations where times sounds better. "2 times 4 equals 8" instead of "2 multiplied by 4 equals 8"

two times two equals four.

Yes.

When you times two by two, you get four.

Nope, multiply.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Listening to radio, heard this in an ad: "hotels.com is the best .com for booking hotels, and the worst .com for anything else"

It's called a website, not a .com

Morons

Remind me not to get on your bad side. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

My mom regularly has 2 or 3 Firefox windows open, but only uses one.

My mom just got her Galaxy S5 a couple weeks ago and it's her first ever smartphone.

One time she comes up to me saying: "I think there's something wrong with my phone, I'm stuck on this page and don't have my homescreen anymore."

Turned out she simply was in the app drawer....

not mine but meh

5780879_700b.jpg

You sir, are awesome! :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

My mom just got her Galaxy S5 a couple weeks ago and it's her first ever smartphone.

One time she comes up to me saying: "I think there's something wrong with my phone, I'm stuck on this page and don't have my homescreen anymore."

Turned out she simply was in the app drawer....

My mom used a Galaxy S5 in a Verizon store once to Google something. Later she had to turn around and Google something else but the S5 was being used so she turns around to the iPhone 6 and starts tapping at the bottom like it has capacative buttons xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

two times two equals four.

Yes.

When you times two by two, you get four.

Nope, multiply.

i get what you're saying. and completely agree. (i hope)

dumb:

times 6 and 4

smart

6 times 4

correct? :D

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

My mom regularly has 2 or 3 Firefox windows open, but only uses one.

i actually do this alot, though for good reason. 

its just a hell of a lot easier to copy a link from chrome that i wanna save for later and paste them all into a bunch of firefox tabs and close out chrome. go do what i wanted to do. (usually geamz)

firefox is less demanding, so, more rams 4 mah geamz.

My mom used a Galaxy S5 in a Verizon store once to Google something. Later she had to turn around and Google something else but the S5 was being used so she turns around to the iPhone 6 and starts tapping at the bottom like it has capacative buttons xD

took my mom months before she relized she could double tap the home button as a ''task manager'' of sorts. x'D 

i mean...

its not like i told her every time she just went to the home screen.... >_> 

-Jim Hensen

There is this person at the Verizion store when I was getting my S5. He directed me to cases, and I am like why? they make my phone look like shit. He is like its not waterproof. He said he put his S5 in the tub, and pulled it out and it got rekt. Its waterproof for real world settings, not for testing limits of IP certifications. You look ONLINE for limits, NOT throwing 600 dollars down the toilet.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(