Experiences with non-techies

Just now, themctipers said:

Fuck that's hard to read on my phone. 

pc partpicker list came to a total of 430$ and ONE cent , seller claims to sell at part value , clearly hes wrong 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Just now, Space Reptile said:

pc partpicker list came to a total of 430$ and ONE cent , seller claims to sell at part value , clearly hes wrong 

? easy money from idiots I guess

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

oh god i don't even

"Windows XP is worse than Windows 7 beacuse Windows XP has the black screen of death and Windows 7 has the blue screen of death"

Oh... this is not the end.

"But 2015-2016 Windows XP had the black screen of death"

First: WINDOWLS XP IS WORSE THan 7 bEUAUCSE oF IT HAVING THE BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH

totally

that is 10/10 makes sense

AND IT WAS 2015-2016. Yep, Microsoft TOTALLY will do stuff a year after no security updates. no

Oh.. we're just getting started.

"  But Windows 8 And Windows10 Have The Blue Screen Of Death But Backthen When Windows 1.03 Was Realeased The Blue Screen Of Death Wasnt Helpful... So Mircosft Realeased Windows 2 But Not Help Not helpful not helpful Blue Screens Of Death Also I Now Have Windows 10 "

kill me

please

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Having trouble with dual stack DHCP on my modem so I posted on the TWC forums to see if anyone had run into the same issue since I suspect it's firmware related. Whenever I enable dual stack DHCP on my firewall connected to the modem it throws the modem in a looping reboot cycle until I remove IPv6 DHCP.

The only response I've received so far:

"Paste a traceroute to google"

I really want to slap this person. I can't stand it when people who either didn't read the issue or don't understand the problem think they know what they are talking about and chime in.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 9/18/2016 at 5:20 AM, DocSwag said:

Reminds me of all those Newbs at school who upon seeing my phone isn't an iPhone say, "Is that a Samsung?" FOR GOODNESS SAKE SAMSUNG ISN'T THE ONLY ANDROID PHONE MAKER THEY DON'T EVEN MAKE THE OS!!!

Typical iPhone user brain:

public class iPhoneUserBrain {

public static void main(String[] args) {

String phone = "not-iPhone";

if (!phone.equals("iPhone")) {

System.out.print("Is that a Samsung?");

}

}

}

Which coding lauguage? that. New to coding tho understood what it was saying. Not dumb

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

11 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

18 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

14 hours ago, themctipers said:

I mean ANYTHING can be a gaming pc imma right.

https://www.olx.com.pk/item/gaming-pc-complete-in-cheap-4000-IDUFgCK.html#d296e8ed4b

Well at least the price makes it worth the while. I could use it but i dont have 4k. i have 0k

For people who dont know that pc is for US$40

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

2 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

I mean ANYTHING can be a gaming pc imma right.

https://www.olx.com.pk/item/gaming-pc-complete-in-cheap-4000-IDUFgCK.html#d296e8ed4b

Well at least the price makes it worth the while. I could use it but i dont have 4k. i have 0k

For people who dont know that pc is for US$40

Same-spec PC sells for 90USD at my location... You have it easier...

I've done dumpster diving before... not much to find other than completely wrecked parts...

1 minute ago, DigitalHermit said:

Same-spec PC sells for 90USD at my location... You have it easier...

I've done dumpster diving before... not much to find other than completely wrecked parts...

Well i guess in used parts. Not when an rx480 is for 35k and a 1070 for 60k

Build

Spoiler

1 hour ago, DeezNoNos said:

Which coding lauguage? that. New to coding tho understood what it was saying. Not dumb

Java.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

On 9/16/2016 at 11:03 AM, themctipers said:

GG. 

And I currently play it on a third gen i7 and 380

lol

I played it on a 2 gen i3 on Intel integrated graphics in a laptop made by Acer 

16 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

gg

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

On 1/16/2013 at 2:47 PM, rainbrodash666 said:

so this one time I was hanging out with my friend who is the manager at a tech shop by where I live and a girl comes in and buys a 2tb hard drive. we let her know that we install hard drives for $1 (the cost of the sata cable we use) and she says "just because I am a woman does not mean I cant work on computers" and leaves in a huff. two days later she comes back in saying that the HDD is not working so we take the computer in to look at it, we open it and the HDD is nowhere to be seen, so we ask her where it is. and it turns out that she scanned it and put the scanned image on her desktop to install the drive. and to top that off she threw away the drive she paid almost $200 for and she wanted us to give her a new one.

EDIT: feel free to quote this comment, I like seeing peoples reactions even though the comment is 2+ years old.

I... I......

Hey,

My friend who was replying to this essentially broke when he read this. You broke his brain. It's why he only replied with I's and I don't have the heart to erase it.

20 minutes ago, Jv2391 said:

I... I......

Hey,

My friend who was replying to this essentially broke when he read this. You broke his brain. It's why he only replied with I's and I don't have the heart to erase it.

The post you quote is for real the stupidest thing I've read in my life...

7 minutes ago, Principis said:

The post you quote is for real the stupidest thing I've read in my life...

That's only because you haven't lived long enough ... I have a friend that, IMO, has negative deductive reasoning!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I'm the go-to IT nerd in my school year, and a teacher asked me to set up this wireless pointer thing. Little did they know that due to the administrator set up with the school network, I couldn't install drivers or anything. I've also had OCR Computing teachers perpetuating the MHz myth, and doubling the cores always doubling the speed, but I guess that's because I know much more than I really should for GCSE level.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

2 hours ago, radical guild said:

I played it on a 2 gen i3 on Intel integrated graphics in a laptop made by Acer 

Please 

second gen is vastly superior 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

58 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

That's only because you haven't lived long enough ... I have a friend that, IMO, has negative deductive reasoning!

Probably :)

but I mean throwing away a hard drive after you 'installed' it by scanning the thing is really f****** stupid.

On 1/16/2013 at 3:16 AM, RobbieX27 said:

People thinking they can download RAM....

I nearly flipped out the first time I heard someone say that seriously.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

Oh i have a good one,

this guy was playing battlefield 4, he said he loves this 30 fps as thats the most he would ever need and how the close distance fog makes his game look realistic.

Also saying he has converted his 1080p gaming to 4K using his new 4K tv and how his system is better because a titan has 12gb and his system has 500gb

bloody console peasants amiright?

xD

I must say this is funny thread that I can't believe I have not seen up to now so here are a few experiences for all of you.

Experience one, hearing a person talk about building his own computer and the parts list including an AMD processor, an lga 1150 atx mobo, DDR4, a gtx 960 and a gtx 980, some off brand psu rated for 500 watts, a 6tb WD red and a fractal design core 1000 micro atx. And they were serious too.... I didn't have the heart to let them suffer so I gave them a few pointers.

Experience two, People having me build them a pretty decent computer and they leave it to get packed full of dust even after I instructed them how to clean it every month, the dust was to the point of nearly clogging up a blower style GPU fan.

Experience three, I once met a person who was adamant that you need to change your mobo out if you change single part such as RAM or a GPU.

Experience four, People concerned that word documents take up gigs of space.

There are a lot more things I have heard but typing them up triggers me :p.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

19 hours ago, themctipers said:

This whole page xD

easy money from idiots I guess. 

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=tricitypc&_pgn=1&isRefine=true

A CX 430 with an AMD CPU and a 1060.

@STRMfrmXMN 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

29 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

A CX 430 with an AMD CPU and a 1060.

@STRMfrmXMN 

I cri everytim :(

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

7 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I cri everytim :(

Me too when I look at my systems 6700k with an R7 240 :(

I ran out of money :P

12 hours ago, Jv2391 said:

and it turns out that she scanned it and put the scanned image on her desktop to install the drive. and to top that off she threw away the drive she paid almost $200 for and she wanted us to give her a new one.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

i cant , i just cant 

i mean i have heard of ppl scanning and printing out dvds to copy them , but THAT .... 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

12 hours ago, NinjaJc01 said:

I'm the go-to IT nerd in my school year, and a teacher asked me to set up this wireless pointer thing. Little did they know that due to the administrator set up with the school network, I couldn't install drivers or anything. I've also had OCR Computing teachers perpetuating the MHz myth, and doubling the cores always doubling the speed, but I guess that's because I know much more than I really should for GCSE level.

I hate GCSE computing mainly because the theory part, when he got to the hardware... Was quite wrong. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats