Xbox commercial just made me LOL

VioDuskar

just saw an xbox one commercial that show cased 4 games,

halo5,

tomb raider,

Evolve,

battlefield hardline.

all of these are on Pc except halo5.

the commercial obviously shows crazy amazing pre-rendered graphics, which xbox uses will never see, even PC games can't quite achieve the comercial graphics, but we're a hell of a lot closer.

the commercial i'm talking about:

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Actually some of these aren't pre-rendered. Some are in-game and some are using the in-game engine.

The Halo and Tomb Raider ones are definitely pre-rendered though.

Using pre-rendered footage for a commercial? Never saw that coming...:P

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Threads like these make me want to move to mars.

Just leave them alone god dammit.

It's all marketing.

i just don't understand why they pick 3 games that are not even exclusives. halo i understand, but why pick tomb raider? PC enthusiests use it as a benchmark, it's famous for benching.

i just feel bad for younger gamers being brainwashed into thinking that these great games are only on XBOX.

if you're going to promote your cosole don't do it with non-exclusives.

bad on you marketing division

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Why should they care? Why do you care?

They don't. You shouldn't.

If one feels a console gives them the desired gaming experience, let them.

Instead of making dumb threads trying to incite flame wars, go use that PC you have and let others do their thing.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

if theres something i don't like about pc gaming, is pc gamers... is like atheist always talking about god....

by the way this trailer is awesome 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a76EGaEtLfA

THAT! that is a good trailer!

i have nothing against consoles, i used to love them. (xbox original & ps2), but now it seems like they're grasping straws. i just don't understand anymore

i just don't understand why they pick 3 games that are not even exclusives. halo i understand, but why pick tomb raider? PC enthusiests use it as a benchmark, it's famous for benching.

i just feel bad for younger gamers being brainwashed into thinking that these great games are only on XBOX.

That's actually Rise of The Tomb Raider which is not on PC.

That's actually Rise of The Tomb Raider which is not on PC.

fair enough. 2/4 then.

Yeah still buying Halo 5... Don't much care what platform its on.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

They mentioned the "best games", not "exclusives". 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It's kind of sad to see them still holding onto the idea that consoles deliver a "breathtaking, high-res, next gen" experience when you can beat them by slapping a 7870 in your computer. I wish they would just disappear altogether. I have nothing directly against them, but it would just be so much better if they didn't exist in the first place.

Yeah still buying Halo 5... Don't much care what platform its on.

not going to lie, if my roomates had an XB1 i'd take it apart, and mod it to read BR discs.  then i'd pirate halo5, burn it to a DVD-DL, and slap it in the XB1 that i modded without my roommates permissions.

have you seen mmorpg and mobas trailers??

got some stupid MOBA trailers for me to LOL at? please. i love LOLing at stupid trailers.

It would be absolutely pointless to market a console just for its exclusives. Just because its on Pc doesn't mean they shouldn't use it for marketing. They're good games that are also made for PC and their Console. It would be stupid to not market 3rd party games and franchises as big as Battlefield and Tomb raider.

"gamers being brainwashed into consoles" do you really think their being brainwashed? Just because you and your friends have the patience and technical know how. People don't choose consoles because they're brainwashed. They just don't God damn care. They want to buy a box that plays games and can run Netflix. Not because they want to be able to run Crysis 3 at 4K @144FPS, or they want to be able to tinker with the hardware. They just want to play the latest games they enjoy with their friends.

If you're going to promote your console you should do it with big name franchises that everyone and their dogs know.

Sure I want to play Halo,but i also want to play Battlefield and Project Cars.

Evolve and Hardline definitely arent some of the best games of 2015.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Who cares. I'm always an advocate for PC over console, and I'm always willing to help someone get a good alternative to a console, but some people don't care. They want something that works, and nothing else. Graphics is only somewhat important to them. Think GTA IV. Yes, beautiful on PC, but think about GFWL, mod installation, etc. For the most part GTA IV worked on consoles.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

You just had to add peasant didn't you -_- do you even know what he definition of peasant even is?! GTFO!

i just don't understand why they pick 3 games that are not even exclusives.

Because they have almost no exclusives.

-------

Current Rig

-------