LGBT community

carguy86

I'm bisexual. I have a boyfriend, but my parents can't really find out about our relationship. Ever since a while ago when they were suspecting I was bi/gay and considered it a "disease" I immediately knew that I had to keep it a secret :( *sigh*

Tell them that is not a disease, you were born that way, other animals also show different sexual orientations, humans are not the only ones.

The day people treat people as people and not judge them based on their sexual preferences, that day is going to be a step forward in society.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I would not recommend coming out as a zoophile. Even I'd be a little uncomfortable.

Didn't plan on it. o-o

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

If you ever need somebody to talk to, well I'm here man :)

Thanks, but it's more then that. I've known quite a few of my regular friends for half my life if not longer, and even then there's many many things that I wouldn't have been able to talk to them about.

"Rawr XD"

Tell them that is not a disease, you were born that way, other animals also show different sexual orientations, humans are not the only ones.

The day people treat people as people and not judge them based on their sexual preferences, that day is going to be a step forward in society.

Unfortunately that's not going to happen with them... they think that sexual orientation is a preference/choice and not something that you're born with, and that if I'm living under their roof I should be whatever sexual orientation that they want me to be. 

Non-white parents -> Non-negotiable 

"Rawr XD"

Didn't plan on it. o-o

Oh, you just meant coming out as gay. Hopefully that goes well

Unfortunately that's not going to happen with them... they think that sexual orientation is a preference/choice and not something that you're born with, and that if I'm living under their roof I should be whatever sexual orientation that they want me to be. 

That really sucks man. Basically all you can do is wait until you're on your own and be with whomever you want to.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I hope i don't get labelled as homophobic or a hater but why does a persons sexuality/sex or even nationality matter, we're all just people chatting to other people that like tech stuff :)

Objectively none of it matters. We're all members of the Human race. But with that comes an almost infinite amount of diversity. We're a curious species, we like to know things about other people.

I tend to believe that we're made better by our differences and how they combine.

And given the number of teenagers here we should at least be open to the discussion, being not-straight or not-cis often is a hell of a thing to deal with - having knowledge of just how many supportive people are really out here in the wild is hugely important.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Well, I have a penis and I love guys, so make what you will of that. :P

"We come to a corner where there are a few people protesting the festivities. I don't understand this at all. It's like protesting the fact that some people are red-haired. In my experience, desire is desire, love is love. I have never fallen in love with a gender. I have fallen for individuals. I know this is hard for people to do, but I don't understand why it's so hard, when it's so obvious."

Best quote from a Pansexual ever!

I get that it's obvious, in the way that I'm sure everyone would be pansexual if we had the choice. It seems like they're saying that everyone should be pan because it's the smartest choice, which would be a pretty stupid thing to say. Maybe I'm misunderstanding though.

By my parents (retarded) logic they think that parenting is only physical support (food, clothes, etc) and discipline (don't be a dick). Notice anything big lacking? Yeah, for 15 and a half years of my life (before I met my boyfriend) I had nobody to give me any mental or emotional support, and when the subject is brought up to my parents it's always a response with the good ol' "back in my day we didn't have X or Y" bullshit.  <_<

10/10 know that all to well I'm turning 21 and still can't come out to my family at all.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Their opinions can't change facts, a person's sexual orientation is not a choice.

What would be their response if you ask them if they can change their opinion based on facts?

If that's impossible, then I can only wish you good luck, hopefully your parents can change in the future.  

Well, I have a penis and I love guys, so make what you will of that. :P

I get that it's obvious, in the way that I'm sure everyone would be pansexual if we had the choice. It seems like they're saying that everyone should be pan because it's the smartest choice, which would be a pretty stupid thing to say. Maybe I'm misunderstanding though.

Nah its more so a way to say that you don't fall for someone because of their gender but because of who they are as person. It can be seen as a as a way they were saying like be pan cause best choice but they weren't 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

A fun argument for the idiots who think sexual orientation is a choice is thus: Fine, if you want to prove that go find a guy and frak him. Enjoy it. Then come back home to your wife to be straight again.

The earth is flat..The earth is flat..The earth is flat..The earth is flat..

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

It's just not worth the effort arguing with people like that. Their opinion is irrational and illogical, and I don't know if arguing would convince them otherwise. The ones who do chance their opinion will probably do so in their own weird little way, and the ones who don't will die eventually. I'm speaking purely from seeing arguments over the internet though. I can't say homophobia has ever been something I've faces, since even the most vile people here aren't really that homophobic. Although we do kinda make up for it in racism. :P

I had nobody to give me any mental or emotional support, and when the subject is brought up to my parents it's always a response with the good ol' "back in my day we didn't have X or Y" bullshit.  <_<

They might just be unable to deal with the issue. Some people just can't get their heads around this stuff. :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Nah its more so a way to say that you don't fall for someone because of their gender but because of who they are as person. It can be seen as a as a way they were saying like be pan cause best choice but they weren't 

Yeah, I figured I would misinterpret it. :P

What would be their response if you ask them if they can change their opinion based on facts?

They just believe what they want to believe. 

If they grew up being taught that the sun revolved around the earth that's probably what they'd believe too. 

"Rawr XD"

A fun argument for the idiots who think sexual orientation is a choice is thus: Fine, if you want to prove that go find a guy and frak him. Enjoy it. Then come back home to your wife to be straight again.

The earth is flat..The earth is flat..The earth is flat..The earth is flat..

Okay, I think someone needs to reboot Serin.

But joking apart, I truly believe the only people that genuinely have a choice are actually genuinely bisexual, for whatever the neurological reason. :0/

If they grew up being taught that the sun revolved around the earth that's probably what they'd believe too. 

The thing is, unless we take steps to change the way we approach things by learning to understand how our minds work and by taking conscious control of our cognitive processes, we will all fall into the same traps but just in different ways, with different things.

:shrug:

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Oh, you just meant coming out as gay. Hopefully that goes well

Yeah, I only know of a few people who have come out to be a zoo to there family. 

As for the gay bit, we aren't a huge devoted christian family. Never really gone to church. But they have shown there dislike for gays (both male and female) on a few occasions..

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

It's just not worth the effort arguing with people like that. Their opinion is irrational and illogical, and I don't know if arguing would convince them otherwise. The ones who do chance their opinion will probably do so in their own weird little way, and the ones who don't will die eventually. I'm speaking purely from seeing arguments over the internet though. I can't say homophobia has ever been something I've faces, since even the most vile people here aren't really that homophobic. Although we do kinda make up for it in racism. :P

Oh well, at least it makes me feel good to know that I'm not one of those people.

Damn.

Well, good luck with your relationship.

Wait so do most of our family disprove of our sexual orientation then?

|King Of The Lost|

Damn.

Well, good luck with your relationship.

It's going pretty decently, and I seem to be not to shabby at hiding things from my parents... I mean like, they don't even know that I have a car.

"Rawr XD"

It's going pretty decently, and I seem to be not to shabby at hiding things from my parents... I mean like, they don't even know that I have a car.

I laughed at the last thing there xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Wait so do most of our family disprove of our sexual orientation then?

Well, generally speaking, for parents to be parents they kind of have to be at least partly straight and to believe in the straight lifestyle, so they're more likely to have a harder time understanding, especially since the explosion of the internet is accelerating the speed at which the world, and the people populating it, are changing their attitudes and beliefs about sex and identity.

Well, generally speaking, for parents to be parents they kind of have to be at least partly straight and to believe in the straight lifestyle, so they're more likely to have a harder time understanding, especially since the explosion of the internet is accelerating the speed at which the world, and the people populating it, are changing.

True, just seems like they want to understand but refuse to accept it which for some people (like me) can run into a problem trying to come out to their family.

|King Of The Lost|

I'll leave my two cents here.

I'm a straight white male. I understand that some people (many in fact) find affection in persons whom are the same gender as they are. This doesn't bother me much, but I don't want to spill all my thoughts and leave negativity. I still have my own thoughts, I would still be sad if my child were homosexual to an extent. It's not because there's necessarily something wrong with them, because there isn't. I wouldn't find the idea that I may not have grandchildren (given they don't find a carrier/donor for a child or adopt one) particularly nice. I come from a pretty traditional mindset, but I try to offset that in my thinking. Put basically, while I wouldn't be 100% happy with having a homosexual/transgender child for whatever reasons, I still accept and welcome those who exist and have a different mindset and outlook on such a situation. I would never scold my child for being the way they were, as I know it's not just an opinionated choice. It's the way you are.

I mean not to offend anyone. If you are offended, please tell me and I will address your concerns.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)