LGBT community

carguy86
5 hours ago, BurgerBum said:

snip

Yeah, that's what I was getting at is that it is a real thing.

Though I do think that it is true that if at one point you don't feel totally like the gender you generally identify with (in terms of the societal view of those genders) as @SeriouslyMikey said "That's being yourself, being yourself doesn't need a title".

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I came out as trans to my big sister! (She was very understanding and acceptive to it all, she even asked if i wanted to cone over and try some of her  old clothes that she dosent use anymore)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

32 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

I came out as trans to my big sister! (She was very understanding and acceptive to it all, she even asked if i wanted to cone over and try some of her  old clothes that she dosent use anymore)

Nice!! Glad it worked out :D

Snapchat-6674501403576556356.jpg

I think my shoes are even gayer than me!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

4 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Snapchat-6674501403576556356.jpg

I think my shoes are even gayer than me!

Lucky

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I mentioned leather jackets yesterday. 

And today my cousin calls me up and tells me he ordered a bunch of new clothes a while back.

Then it arrived and nothing would fit. (A chinese large is smaller than a euro large apparently) 

So i got some really nice clothes + a leather jacket for free. 

I don't have to buy new upper body clothes for the next year or so now <3

Found a picture of the leather jacket

61561D.jpg

5 hours ago, Strando123 said:

Congrats man^^ Nice to hear it :)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Its in the off topic section, which is "non tech related content"

oh ok thanks mate

3 minutes ago, NVIDIAIIAIAIAII said:

what has this got to do with tech?

To quote from the subtext of the Off-Topic forum.

Discussion - Non-tech related content only please! New members can say Hi here.

So it has nothing to do with tech and it doesn't have to anything to do with tech.

This is just a thread for LGBT members (and hang arounds like me) can discuss LGBT issues or just have friendly conversations.

Edit: I see it was answered while I answered. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Or said in another way: Ninja'd

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

3 minutes ago, Volbet said:

To quote from the subtext of the Off-Topic forum.

So it has nothing to do with tech and it doesn't have to anything to do with tech.

This is just a thread for LGBT members (and hang arounds like me) can discuss LGBT issues or just have friendly conversations.

np my bad for commenting that here.

22 hours ago, Serin said:

Ah, quite the opposite for me. In that cancer was no obstacle, at least compared to being dead it didn't seem that bad if it were ever to happen.

After seeing two people die from colon cancer already, and another battling it currently, I can assure you it is a legitimate living hell (surgeries, chemo, colostomy, etc). Death would probably be most welcome by comparison. I would loathe to have a death as pathetic as a drawn-out cancer battle, being gradually weakened and pained until one is barely able to move at all and reliant on others. I see no glory in such a demise.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

After seeing two people die from colon cancer already, and another battling it currently, I can assure you it is a legitimate living hell (surgeries, chemo, colostomy, etc). Death would probably be most welcome by comparison. I would loathe to have a death as pathetic as a drawn-out cancer battle, being gradually weakened and pained until one is barely able to move at all and reliant on others. I see no glory in such a demise.

Having worked a few years in the chemotherapy day-unit at Peter Mac cancer centre here I can somewhat understand. If the patients weren't so damned optimistic it would have been a very depressing job. Completely understand the aversion, though I'm not sure I'd have been persuaded from my course of experimental self medication.

For me though I got to the point at 19 where I was just like either I kill myself now or I do the experiment on HRT and see if it makes me better. Happily it did, despite the obvious bias of doing experiments on oneself I was/am pretty sure it made a considerable difference to my brain functions. Like a key or transmitter that just wasn't there before. A weight lifted? Some bs like that anyway.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

3 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

After seeing my mom and both of my grand parents get cancer, it's really a living hell even for me, the kid..

now having stage 4 cancer and knowing you got 1 more year to live and that there's no cure or help at all is scary as hell, especially when their demise was quick and under three weeks. All the pain and stress cancer brings to everyone in the family is really bad. What's worse is the medical bill. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Talked to my therapist at BUP, they HAVE TO tell my parrents that im trans if i get the disgnosis.... (Mom would probably accept it, dad on the other hand probably wont)

Edited by Strando123

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 hour ago, Strando123 said:

Talked to my therapist at BUP, they HAVE TO tell my parrents that im trans if i get the disgnosis.... (Mom would probably accept it, dad on the other hand probably wont)

Did they tell you why they have to involve your parents? It seems strange that a psychiatrist HAS to tell your parents. You are ´only´ being diagnosed. 

If I were you, I would look into what privacy rights you have conserning your health status. Even though you're a minor your parents don't shouldn't have to be informed about everything about your health. 

I would even be sceptical about them having to tell your parents even if they began any kind of medical treatment. 

Minors don't usually have to tell their parent about the medicin they take. When I was younger I got a lot of different prescription drugs even when I was a minor, and my parents where never informed. 

TL;DR: I would look into your privacy rights. it seems strange that they have to involve your parents. 

It all depends on the laws in Norway, but I can't imagine that they would be that different from other Scandinavian countries.

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

-snip-

TL;DR: I would look into your privacy rights. it seems strage that they have to involve your parents. 

It all depends on the laws in Norway, but I can't imagine that they would be that different from other Scandinavian countries.

I know that in the UK, there is patient/doctor confidentiality unless your life is in danger(?)  but I'm not too sure on the rest of Europe.

32 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

I know that in the UK, there is patient/doctor confidentiality unless your life is in danger(?)  but I'm not too sure on the rest of Europe.

It's pretty much the same thing in Denmark. 

The only time a doctor has to contact your parents is if A) You're unconcious and can't tell them anything about your medical history or B) You're very young (or mentally challenged) and can't make rational decisions by yourself.

I fondly remember back when I was 14-15 and got anxiety medication without my parents knowledge. Maybe they should have known, since my use of those drugs were for anything but anxiety.

I have also known plenty of girls that got birth control without their parents involvment.  

I bought my first demo EP, and of course it's from Leif Edling of Candlemass. 

https://thedoomsdaykingdom.bandcamp.com/music 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

35 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

Both the UK and Sweden are in the EU, so I assume patient confidentially laws are controlled by the European Commission and thus the same.

Edited by Citadelen

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

4 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Both the UK and Sweden are in the EU, so I assume patient confidentially laws are controlled by the European Commission and thus the same.

The EU only offers some protection of personal data, so most of the legislation is still left to the member states.

For example. art. 16 of the TFE offers protection of personal data, but only if it is used by governmental or EU institutions.

The Data Protection directiv does offer a bit more protection to health data, but the problem of concend arises. 

A member state is free to make legislation that makes it impossible for a minor to concend to medical treatment, thereby forcing their parents to be involved.

12 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

I bought my first demo EP, and of course it's from Leif Edling of Candlemass. 

https://thedoomsdaykingdom.bandcamp.com/music 

You are costing me valuable money, my good sir.

Although, the shipping price seems a bit steep. 

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

You are costing me valuable money, my good sir.

Although, the shipping price seems a bit steep. 

I should be saving too, but seeing that limited number, I just had to snag one. If I had enough, I'd get the 7" in red too. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

The EU only offers some protection of personal data, so most of the legislation is still left to the member states.

For example. art. 16 of the TFE offers protection of personal data, but only if it is used by governmental or EU institutions.

The Data Protection directiv does offer a bit more protection to health data, but the problem of concend arises. 

A member state is free to make legislation that makes it impossible for a minor to concend to medical treatment, thereby forcing their parents to be involved.

I've just looked at the New In Norway website (designed for migrants, but still sheds some light) and it says this:

The duty of confidentiality also applies to the patients' next-of-kin, but parents are entitled to information about children under the age of 16 years for whom they have parental responsibility.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong...

39 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

I've just looked at the New In Norway website (designed for migrants, but still sheds some light) and it says this:

Please do correct me if I'm wrong...

Well, Norway is not a member of the EU, so they are not bound by the rules the Commision and Parlament put oui. 

And your guess on Norwegian law is as good as mine. I know next to nothing about Norwegian law. 

All I have done is guesswork.

I know Danish law fairly well and I know EU law to some extend.

But it does seem like doctors have to disclose information about minors to their parents. It seems like a strange law to have in place, but the legislative body probably had its reasons. 

Although, I think it would be a fun case to argue in court, since an argument could be made about how the law (or rule) is against the minors right to privacy in the European Convention on Human Rights' article 8. And I know Norway has signed that convention.

But that case has yet to be made, so the law stands as it is. The doctors have to inform the parents about the medical issues of a minor. 

40 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

I should be saving too, but seeing that limited number, I just had to snag one. If I had enough, I'd get the 7" in red too. 

I know that feeling all too well. "I shouldn't buy this, but there is only 100 copies *buys*"

My wife is probably the only reason why I have any money left.

Did you manage to the purple vinyl version?

27 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I know that feeling all too well. "I shouldn't buy this, but there is only 100 copies *buys*"

My wife is probably the only reason why I have any money left.

Did yyou manage to the purple vinyl version?

No, sadly. That was sold out before I managed to see the notice on Candlemass' site. :( 

I would have gotten it if I had the chance.