LGBT community

carguy86
1 hour ago, Volbet said:

Did they tell you why they have to involve your parents? It seems strange that a psychiatrist HAS to tell your parents. You are ´only´ being diagnosed. 

If I were you, I would look into what privacy rights you have conserning your health status. Even though you're a minor your parents don't shouldn't have to be informed about everything about your health. 

I would even be sceptical about them having to tell your parents even if they began any kind of medical treatment. 

Minors don't usually have to tell their parent about the medicin they take. When I was younger I got a lot of different prescription drugs even when I was a minor, and my parents where never informed. 

TL;DR: I would look into your privacy rights. it seems strange that they have to involve your parents. 

It all depends on the laws in Norway, but I can't imagine that they would be that different from other Scandinavian countries.

Taking hrt and estrogen goes under "body/mind altering medication" (someone over the age of 18 who either are your parents or someone with permission from your parents have to fill out a form and sign a bunch of papers thus the therapist has to tell your parents that you have the disgnosis of transgender.)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

Taking hrt and estrogen goes under "body/mind altering medication" (someone over the age of 18 who either are your parents or someone with permission from your parents have to fill out a form and sign a bunch of papers thus the therapist has to tell your parents that you have the disgnosis of transgender.)

Well, they don't have to have to tell your parents if you are diagnosed. They have to tell your parents if you begin getting hormon treatment. 

I guess they kind of go hand in hand, but I still think the distinction is an important one. 

You could potentially get diagnosed and then postpone the hormon treatment untill you're over 18. 

I know that is not really a good scenario, but it could potentially beat having to deal with the fallout from less accepting parents.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 hour ago, Volbet said:

Well, they don't have to have to tell your parents if you are diagnosed. They have to tell your parents if you begin getting hormon treatment. 

I guess they kind of go hand in hand, but I still think the distinction is an important one. 

You could potentially get diagnosed and then postpone the hormon treatment untill you're over 18. 

I know that is not really a good scenario, but it could potentially beat having to deal with the fallout from less accepting parents.

Hang on, i read the tiny ass leters on the bottom of this pamflet thing i got. It stayed that parrental involvment is advised but not nesescary if the minor in question is 16 years of age or older.

(Thats what it roughly translates to)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

27 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Hang on, i read the tiny ass leters on the bottom of this pamflet thing i got. It stayed that parrental involvment is advised but not nesescary if the minor in question is 16 years of age or older.

(Thats what it roughly translates to)

You could post it without translating it. I'm fairly good at Danish, so Norwegian shouldn't be an issue.

If 16 is the cut off age for necessary parental involvment, then that would be the same as the information @ServerGuy posted.

It's good that you are reading up om this. Ask tour psyciatrist about this the next time you see him/her.

I don't want to be insulting any LGBT people but I have this friend who wants to be a trans and when ever she (sorry I mean he, she/he changed their name...not sure whether it's official or not thou...) insults us or other LGBT people, she just says "she's LGBT so she's allow to insult us/other LGBT people"...pretty sure that's not how it's works...she currently has a boyfriend and he's straight...I genuinely feel sorry for him as he tried to leave her and she threw a tantrum and almost got him suspended for being "anti-LGBT"...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

6 minutes ago, Volbet said:

You could post it without translating it. I'm fairly good at Danish, so Norwegian shouldn't be an issue.

If 16 is the cut off age for necessary parental involvment, then that would be the same as the information @ServerGuy posted.

It's Hood that you are reading up om this. Ask tour psyciatrist about this the next time you see him/her.

The camera on my phone is really weird. (Purple lines, dots and other stuff all over the image) so posting pictures of the tiny text in that pamflet would be like posting pictures of gibberish. (+ the lens is hazy because i managed to spill solvent on it)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I don't want to be insulting any LGBT people but I have this friend who wants to be a trans and when ever she (sorry I mean he, she/he changed their name...not sure whether it's official or not thou...) insults us or other LGBT people, she just says "she's LGBT so she's allow to insult us/other LGBT people"...pretty sure that's not how it's works...she currently has a boyfriend and he's straight...I genuinely feel sorry for him as he tried to leave her and she threw a tantrum and almost got him suspended for being "anti-LGBT"...

Your friend needs help, like he/she has No chill!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, Strando123 said:

Your friend needs help, like he/she has No chill!

Well all of her close friends (I was never that close) now made sure there's a sizable gap between her and them...Who likes being insulted and not being able to do anything about it...

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Well that's interesting.

No that's not how it works, or at least how it should work.

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

Your friend needs help, like they have no chili!

FTFY.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

44 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

The camera on my phone is really weird. (Purple lines, dots and other stuff all over the image) so posting pictures of the tiny text in that pamflet would be like posting pictures of gibberish. (+ the lens is hazy because i managed to spill solvent on it)

We'll probably live without it. I will still recommend bringing this up wth your psychiatrist. 

45 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

How does one just decide to become transexual? Usually, that's not how it works. 

I would also say that no one can gain the right to freely insult any group. 

For example, I have a gay friend (the beginning of every homophobic statement ever), who I have reserved the right to call a "flamming faggot" (or rather the Danish equivalent of that). 

I have not gained that right by hangning around members of the LGBT community. I have gained that right becuase he's my friend. 

It is also not a universal right. I can insult him as friendly banter, but I can't do that to every random gay guy I meet. 

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

We'll probably live without it. I will still recommend bringing this up wth your psychiatrist. 

How does one just decide to become transexual? Usually, that's not how it works. 

I would also say that no one can gain the right to freely insult any group. 

For example, I have a guy friend (the beginning of every homophobic statement ever), who I have reserved the right to call a "flamming faggot". 

I have not gained that right by hangning around members LGBT community. I have gained that right becuase he's my friend. 

It is also not a universal right. I can insulkt him as friendly banter, but I can't do that to every random gay guy I meet. 

1. Ask her, not me, after the christmas holidays of 2015, she just came up to everyone and said she's now trans...

2. I have 4 bi friends, none of them insults someone unless it's a proper joke (I'm Asian so they might make a joke about something rice or noodles related).

3. I hate using the word gay and I know retarded isn't the best word ever, but in my opinion, I much rather use retarded and idiotic...since I am surrounded in bi people I make sure I don't say any insulting comments which is also is a reason why I don't use gay :P

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Well all of her close friends (I was never that close) now made sure there's a sizable gap between her and them...Who likes being insulted and not being able to do anything about it...

My class! Literally. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Well. interesting story here.

My brother has a nanny that looks after him when moms as work, thus I am also at home when that nanny is there. we know each other well, and well, she found out i'm gay because I was stupid and forgot to remove something from the internet and that page said my sexual orientation was gay. that page was like 3 pages deep in google, and it's already kind of weird my little brother's nanny looked me up that well in google.

then, she started telling me I need to make a decision about what I am and if you're gay, she said, you HAVE to come out of the closet. like WTF??111??

well, I said it wasn't any of her business, and she kept blabbering on. then i YELLED in her face, and she backed off. finally.

then, this WEEKEND, when she isn't supposed to have any business contacting me, she whatsapps me and she keeps demanding me what I do in the weekend, like thats none of your business, then she says "here, I got some sites to help you" and sends me some weird LGBT site. this, after telling her 10s of times my sexuality isn't ANY of her, (my brothers nanny, remember) business. Then i say that she needs to fucking stop messing with someones elses business, and that she needs to stop putting her nose in anything that interests her.

"well, matthew, you'll need help urgently. this is not gonna end well, you really need help."

Then I blocked her, and in in 2 and a half hours I need to see her because she's gonna babysit my little bro :(:( I'm just gonna lock myself up in my own little 'apartment' in a separate section of my house. sigh.

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

I wore makeup to school today!

received_556935884485284.jpeg

received_808954629239775.jpeg

received_808956795906225.jpeg

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

On 4/16/2016 at 5:11 AM, techswede said:

At least it wasn't a bloody mary.

Cider isn't too bad. (Low alcohol content i'm guessing?) 

Call me gay if you want, not like it makes a difference, but imho the only good alcohol is Sangria.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

21 hours ago, ServerGuy said:

I know that in the UK, there is patient/doctor confidentiality unless your life is in danger(?)  but I'm not too sure on the rest of Europe.

22 hours ago, Strando123 said:

Talked to my therapist at BUP, they HAVE TO tell my parrents that im trans if i get the disgnosis.... (Mom would probably accept it, dad on the other hand probably wont)

From my knowledge on the subject and having contacts in relevant professions: In any country which follows dutch common law (which includes the UK, most of europe and british colonies), your medical records and histories are entirely yours and do not have to be shared with any family provided you are above the legal age (18 years old) [there may/will be exceptions in countries where the legal age differs]. This means that if you are 18 or above your parents have no right to your medical record. BUT THERE ARE A FEW EXCEPTIONS:

1. If you are unconscious and have no ability to make decisions by yourself, the next of kin will be contacted (parents / spouse)

2. You are deemed mentally incapable to make your own decisions

3. You are using medical aid or medical insurance which is on a plan through parents. If you get healthcare and charge a medical insurance, the insurance agency and anyone else who holds rights over the account (parents / spouse / employer, or whoever) has the rights to know what the money was spent on.

As I presume you are under 18 @Strando123, I find it believable that they would have to contact parents before any form of medical help, irrespective on the topic. I'm sure you are able to consent to only a single parent being told though (in your case, your mum most likely), but you'd need to plead your case.

EDIT: The above is for Doctors. As for Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers & Counsellors I have a better knowledge of the regulations having majored in Psychology in College:

As provided by the American Psychological Association, anything you say or conclude with a professional in this field is protected under the patient-counsellor confidentially which everyone follows, which means NOTHING you say can be told to your parents or anyone else for that matter unless either you consent to it (which they would ask you to) OR they have reason to believe that your / someone else's life is in grave / imminent danger, to which they have the legal standing to contact relevant people (school/parents/police etc). So as long as you aren't planning to commit a murder or suicide, nothing you say can be told to your parents without your express consent (verbal or in writing). You could argue though that minors don't have the ability to consent which goes into a legal loop but that's off topic.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

31 minutes ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

Call me gay if you want, not like it makes a difference, but imho the only good alcohol is Sangria.

Drink what you like and to hell with anyone that tries to tell you otherwise

cheers_law_and_order.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

So unfortunately I didnt get a place on the apprenticeship I wanted :( Disappointed but oh well, time to look for somewhere else to work now.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

7 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I built a bluetooth speaker, called "The Electric Triangle"

I like the pink cable lol.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

41 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Came with my 3D printer xD

At least you have a 3D printer (cries in corner since the school printer can't print much and is slow as anything)...

8 hours ago, Strando123 said:

I wore makeup to school today!

Fits you rather nicely. Did your hair dye fade already?

6 hours ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

From my knowledge on the subject and having contacts in relevant professions: In any country which follows dutch common law (which includes the UK, most of europe and british colonies), your medical records and histories are entirely yours and do not have to be shared with any family provided you are above the legal age (18 years old) [there may/will be exceptions in countries where the legal age differs]. This means that if you are 18 or above your parents have no right to your medical record. BUT THERE ARE A FEW EXCEPTIONS:

1. If you are unconscious and have no ability to make decisions by yourself, the next of kin will be contacted (parents / spouse)

2. You are deemed mentally incapable to make your own decisions

3. You are using medical aid or medical insurance which is on a plan through parents. If you get healthcare and charge a medical insurance, the insurance agency and anyone else who holds rights over the account (parents / spouse / employer, or whoever) has the rights to know what the money was spent on.

As I presume you are under 18 @Strando123, I find it believable that they would have to contact parents before any form of medical help, irrespective on the topic. I'm sure you are able to consent to only a single parent being told though (in your case, your mum most likely), but you'd need to plead your case.

EDIT: The above is for Doctors. As for Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers & Counsellors I have a better knowledge of the regulations having majored in Psychology in College:

As provided by the American Psychological Association, anything you say or conclude with a professional in this field is protected under the patient-counsellor confidentially which everyone follows, which means NOTHING you say can be told to your parents or anyone else for that matter unless either you consent to it (which they would ask you to) OR they have reason to believe that your / someone else's life is in grave / imminent danger, to which they have the legal standing to contact relevant people (school/parents/police etc). So as long as you aren't planning to commit a murder or suicide, nothing you say can be told to your parents without your express consent (verbal or in writing). You could argue though that minors don't have the ability to consent which goes into a legal loop but that's off topic.

Most of continental Europe doesn't utilize the common law system. All of Central and Southern, and most of Eastern Europe use the civil (or Roman) law system. 

The only excpection is the Northern countries (were @Strando123 lives in one of them), which utilize a somewhat complicated mixture of common and civil law. 

Also, the system of law doesn't necessarily dictate what privacy rights a person enjoys. Zimbabwe is a common law country, but the citizens has little to no privacy rights.

The only thing the law system absolutly dictates is how a different judicial sources should be weighted in a court of law.

Common law countries emphazie judicial ruling and tend to have very flexible laws, while civil law countries but a lot of emphazis on the laws and ´only´ rely on the courts to know the law and judge in accordance to the law. 

2 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I built a bluetooth speaker, called "The Electric Triangle"

IMG_20160418_212049.jpg

I wish I had the materials to make something like that. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, Volbet said:

Fits you rather nicely. Did your hair dye fade already?

Most of continental Europe doesn't utilize the common law system. All of Central and Southern, and most of Eastern Europe use the civil (or Roman) law system. 

The only excpection is the Northern countries (were @Strando123 lives in one of them), which utilize a somewhat complicated mixture of common and civil law. 

Also, the law system doesn't necessarily dictate what privacy rights a person enjoys. Zimbabwe is a common law country, but the citizens has little to no privacy rights.

The only thing the law system absolutly dictates is how a different judicial sources should be weighted in a court of law.

Common law countries emphazie judicial ruling and tend to have very flexible laws, while civil law countries but a lot of emphazis on the laws and ´only´ rely on the courts to know the law and judge in accordance to the law. 

Yup, hair dye faded out in like two weeks.

And yes, Norwegian laws are utter shit.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server: