LGBT community

carguy86
5 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I've been told to bring the all important Goon Sack. So being drunk in inevitable.

There's no way we are setting off illegals, the apartment that the party is at, is in the CBD of Melbourne. Also noted, I'm not sure what direction the apartment is facing, so we might not even see the legal stuff. 

Fireworks are legal (for the most part) where I live.

Pretty much every year there's a news story about some drunk guy/gal that injured themselves badly because they decided to light up fireworks while drunk on cheap champagne.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

50 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Fireworks are legal (for the most part) where I live.

Pretty much every year there's a news story about some drunk guy/gal that injured themselves badly because they decided to light up fireworks while drunk on cheap champagne.

Our politicians and health officials tried their best to criminalize the use of fireworks and firecrackers because of children and adults getting their limbs amputated after injury from fireworks/firecrackers but many protested against it ao they’ve just regulated it instead. So far, number of amputees due to firecracker/fireworks use is declining. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

We don't do fireworks ourselves but neighbours a street away from us do so we get a nice free show several times a year :P 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Fireworks are banned in my state, but the rules aren't enforced very strictly so people go to New Hampshire, buy fireworks, come home and then set them off anyway.

13 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Our politicians and health officials tried their best to criminalize the use of fireworks and firecrackers because of children and adults getting their limbs amputated after injury from fireworks/firecrackers but many protested against it ao they’ve just regulated it instead. So far, number of amputees due to firecracker/fireworks use is declining. 

Firecrackers, and other firework that is strictly explosive, was banned here a number of years ago.

But people just began making and selling them illegally.

And every year someone gets a limb turned to ground beef due to poorly manufactured illegal fireworks.

This year there was a move towards making firework rockets illegal, like they've done in Norway and Sweden, but there was too much political opposition to it.

24 minutes ago, Volbet said:

This year there was a move towards making firework rockets illegal, like they've done in Norway and Sweden, but there was too much political opposition to it.

Because fireworks are a multi-million dollar industry and the tax collections from them is a racket. And to be honest they look very pretty. Here's an animated GIF of fireworks 20 meters away from our house thanks to burst shots of my old crappy Galaxy Note 2 camera.

20140101_000505_1-ANIMATION.gif.c2b0bb15de3e9a610725f84d8e0bc609.gif

It seems nowadays my people are learning from the mistakes of others who got their limbs amputated due to fireworks. However, dogs from the neighbors and my mom's cat are very afraid of the noise fireworks make. :/

8 hours ago, Volbet said:

Firecrackers, and other firework that is strictly explosive, was banned here a number of years ago.

But people just began making and selling them illegally.

And every year someone gets a limb turned to ground beef due to poorly manufactured illegal fireworks.

Fireworks aren't illegal in sweden. (I think. They still sell them in stores at the very least) but some towns have elected to go with lazer shows this year. Just missing the rave music.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, chrisholland03 said:

Hello page 1337!

I'm spending my New Year petting doggos and cattes, protecting them from the scary evil fireworks.  

Fireworks make dogs and cats around us go tense and afrad ?

14 minutes ago, techswede said:

Fireworks aren't illegal in sweden. (I think. They still sell them in stores at the very least) but some towns have elected to go with lazer shows this year. Just missing the rave music.

I didn't mean to say that fireworks themselves are illegal. Just firework rockets.

Or at least that's what I've heard.

5 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I didn't mean to say that fireworks themselves are illegal. Just firework rockets.

Just popping in: I think you mean those emergency flares. Those are illegal to use in Sweden and Finland unless in an actual emergency-situation and, at least over here, can net you tens of thousands of euros in fines if you're caught using them in a non-threatening situation. There's always some dumbass every year who walks home to begin the new year with a 33k euro bill!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

17 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Here just let me put this package through a freaking hydraulic press before giving it to the customer

They ordered flat rate

They thought 'compound' = 'pound'

16 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Just popping in: I think you mean those emergency flares. Those are illegal to use in Sweden and Finland unless in an actual emergency-situation and, at least over here, can net you tens of thousands of euros in fines if you're caught using them in a non-threatening situation. There's always some dumbass every year who walks home to begin the new year with a 33k euro bill!

No, I'm definitely thinking of actual rockets.

The ones where you light a fuse and hope it'll gain air enough to not light shit on fire.

Although, firing off an emergency flare seems like a lit more fun.

But I'm probably obligated to actually look this up by now.

Edt: Well, I'm stupid.

Rockets are indeed illegal in Norway:

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/udland/forbud-mod-nytaarsraketter-i-norge

But a ban was apperently only proposed in Sweden:

https://www.thelocal.se/20170105/ban-on-rocket-fireworks-proposed-in-sweden-after-new-years-chaos

Just now, Volbet said:

No, I'm definitely thinking of actual rockets.

The ones where you light a fuse and hope it'll gain air enough to not light shit on fire.

But I'm probably obligated to actually look this up by now.

Oh? Well, I don't quite get what you're looking for then. Do you mean like some sort of hobbyist rockets space-enthusiasts might want to launch with the attempt to get it above clouds or even higher?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, Volbet said:

Or at least that's what I've heard.

Looks like they're still two years out on that ban. At least according to Aftonbladet. 

Always been more of a 20+ shot mortar guy myself. Light it once and enjoy the show. 

Probably not doing fireworks this year though. Since i don't live in the countryside anymore.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well, I'm in unending pain due to this flu...

The flu is almost over but laying in bed has destroyed my neck and shoulder muscles. Every day is worse than the last. Sitting up and watching a movie or whatever helps, but guess who's TV repair parts won't be here until at the very earliest, monday, yet even though they said they'd arrive yesterday -_-

Anyone know of any relaxing activities that don't produce any neck strain? I'd try to actually get some sleep but apparently I can't do that.

52 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Help, I got yet another 8TB drive while they were on sale. I think that I have a storage addiction problem.  ...Is 58TB too much? >_>

Nope.

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

Nope.

I'm going to have an abundance of free space for the first time in a while.  Like 19TB or so.  Normally I need MAYBE 8TB/year.  But the prices have been good and the size of the data I've been storing has been increasing.  Namely a slow increase in 4K content and also BD Remuxes, where I rip the data, not re-encoded, off the BluRay discs I buy.  So a 13ep anime series can be 40-50GB or so.  But it means the data on the drive is identical to that on the disc. :3

4 hours ago, chrisholland03 said:

Hello page 1337!

I'm spending my New Year petting doggos and cattes, protecting them from the scary evil fireworks.  

You guys are only on page leet?

I see 1361 o.O

Thats a lot of hidden posts.

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Help, I got yet another 8TB drive while they were on sale. I think that I have a storage addiction problem.  ...Is 58TB too much? >_>

Nope, it isn't. I'd get 8TB drives if my computer would work with them.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

Nope, it isn't. I'd get 8TB drives if my computer would work with them.

It doesn't?