LGBT community

carguy86

Well, I'm neither gay nor trans, so I'm leaning to the posibility that I simply don't understand the questions.

For example:

I don't know what to answer to that. 

I feel absolutly no desire to have sex with a man (since I feel no sexual attractions to other men), but I don't find the thought downright repulsive.

Simply put, I don't know what it's like to have sex with another man, so I don't know how I should be able to find it anything. 

For all I know, I could be the best thing ever. 

But I guess I'll live eventhough I'm not on the Kinsey scale. 

Wasn't implying you were but just saying ;)

And yea I hate the Kinsey questions - I'm not a big fan of having sex with someone of the Opposite sex but i don't find it repulsive either. There needs to be more than "YES" "NO" to something so complicated such as sexuality.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

That test is terrible anyway. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Got a 3 on that test. Equally attracted to both genders. 

And here is a picture of me. Just took one before taking a shower since the lighting in the bathroom is the best in the house.

I have been told that i look like a young version of a celebrity. Can you guess which one? 

Recently got rid of my van dyke though :/ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yeah that whole kinsey scale thing really needs to go out with the trash.
I'm always waiting for the next interesting piece of science to come out on the subject of sexuality and gender. Its a fascinating field that has far too little research done in it.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Yeah that whole kinsey scale thing really needs to go out with the trash.

I'm always waiting for the next interesting piece of science to come out on the subject of sexuality and gender. Its a fascinating field that has far too little research done in it.

My thesis when i finally get into university and study to be a historian will hopefully be sexuality across the ages^^ 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Wasn't implying you were but just saying ;)

And yea I hate the Kinsey questions - I'm not a big fan of having sex with someone of the Opposite sex but i don't find it repulsive either. There needs to be more than "YES" "NO" to something so complicated such as sexuality.

And I wasn't implying that you were implying. I just wanted to continue the joke. 

I think We'll have to stop it here, else this back and forth gets way to confusing,

And since we are sharing pictures of ourselves

ghm.jpg

I might aswell post a picture of myself looking as serious and edgy as possible.

My thesis when i finally get into university and study to be a historian will hopefully be sexuality across the ages^^ 

So, you'll be the modern day Michel Foucault? Hopefully, you will have a more scietific approach to the subject.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

And I wasn't implying that you were implying. I just wanted to continue the joke. 

I think We'll have to stop here, else this back and forth gets way to confusing,

I might aswell post a picture of myself looking as serious and edgy as possible.

So, you'll be the modern day Michel Foucault? Hopefully, you will have a more scietific approach to the subject.

Wasn't aware of that guy. Definately going to check out some of his work. 

Almost spit coffee all over my keyboard when i read "Queer Theory" xD

@techswede @Volbet @Serin

I on the other hand don't want research to be done on Sexuality & Gender (sexuality mainly) because I feel it can be destructive as well. A biological tracer for homosexuality, while exciting would be a horrible problem because in less tolerant societies people may be imprisoned/killed or babies aborted purely because of homosexuality - not something to particularly look forward too.

If there was a 'gay test' you could perform during pregnancy, do you not think most people would do it? can you imagine how many babies would be aborted as a result? Im not suggesting I have a homophobic mother or that anyone does, but given the option do you not think most would choose it to either:

1. not have to go through the whole "gay child" thing

2. religious / homophobic doctrine

etc?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I on the other hand don't want research to be done on Sexuality & Gender (sexuality mainly) because I feel it can be destructive as well. A biological tracer for homosexuality, while exciting would be a horrible problem because in less tolerant societies people may be imprisoned/killed or babies aborted purely because of homosexuality - not something to particularly look forward too.

If there was a 'gay test' you could perform during pregnancy, do you not think most people would do it? can you imagine how many babies would be aborted as a result? Im not suggesting I have a homophobic mother or that anyone does, but given the option do you not think most would choose it to either:

etc?

My hope would be to get historical evidence to put up alongside the other creatures of this planet that exhibit homosexual/bisexual behavior just to show that it has been around for a long time and that it is completely natural. And that god hasn't deigned to shower us in fire and brimstone because of two men or women doing the nasty.

I think We'll have to stop it here, else this back and forth gets way to confusing,

Could just be the image, but looks like there's facepaint like Abbath's.

tumblr_nv0zndYYFG1qimi3zo2_1280.jpg

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Wasn't aware of that guy. Definately going to check out some of his work. 

Almost spit coffee all over my keyboard when i read "Queer Theory" xD

I wasn't expecting people in a LGBT thread to not having heard about Michel Foucault. Especially someone who is studying history.

He is probably the most important philosopher when it comes to the whole gender debate, and one of the most important philosophers when it comes to the understanding of historiography.

My own personal opinion aside, Michel Foucault is very important to read, especially today since a lot of modern academia is based on his work. 

etc?

This is a bit of a dilemma.

In a historical study like @techswede is talking about I don't see a hugh issue. 

With a biological test I can of course see the problems that may arise, but I am also of the opinion that science shouldn't be too constrained by ethical questions. 

If it was we wouldn't have most of modern medicin and biology.

If someone was able to locate a gay gene, then I do think that discovery should be brought to the world.

If a woman want to abort a fetus that would become gay, tnen I think it's her right to do that.

I would think it's an immoral act, but it's not a moral standard that I would force upon anyone. 

I probably sound like such an ass right now, but I also base this position on a foundation of trust. 

I trust that people will do the right thing and not abort a fetus just becuase it would turn out to be gay.

Could just be the image, but looks like there's facepaint like Abbath's.

tumblr_nv0zndYYFG1qimi3zo2_1280.jpg

I can't remeber if it was Abbath that specifically inspired that corpsepaint, but it was inspired by Immortal. 

I wasn't expecting people in a LGBT thread to not having heard about Michel Foucault. Especially someone who is studying history.

He is probably the most important philosopher when it comes to the whole gender debate, and one of the most important philosophers when it comes to the understanding of historiography.

My own personal opinion aside, Michel Foucault is very important to read, especially today since a lot of modern academia is based on his work. 

I'm still working my way through a ton of other philosophers and historical figures :/

And up until recently my main interest period has been between 1000bc-1700ad

But it is never too late to learn more^^  

I didn't know you could do tests like this online, but here's mine, it's what I expected really.

post-271462-0-87692500-1450024296.png

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

I didn't know you could do tests like this online, but here's mine, it's what I expected really.

Where are people taking this test, if you don't mind me asking?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Where are people taking this test, if you don't mind me asking?

Is this what you're looking for?  http://vistriai.com/kinseyscaletest/

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Is this what you're looking for?  http://vistriai.com/kinseyscaletest/

Thanks!

Well lol, I guess I'm exclusively hetero, which I knew already.

HJNArZ8.jpg

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

To be fair, I didn't know that non-sexuality existed before. But after some reading, I guess the test is right.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Just took the kinsey test it was way off. It said I was predominantly hetro but more then incidentally homo. Why do people still use this?

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

You have completed the personality test. 

Below is the Kinsey scale, your result has been highlighted. 

0 Exclusively heterosexual. 1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual. 2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual. 3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual. 4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual. 5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual. 6 Exclusively homosexual. X Non-sexual. F The test failed to match you to a Kinsey Type profile. Either you answered some questions wrong, or you are a very unusual person.

Redid it, didnt see the age and gender option up top lol

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

0 Exclusively heterosexual. 1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual. 2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual. 3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual. 4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual. 5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual. 6 Exclusively homosexual. X Non-sexual. F The test failed to match you to a Kinsey Type profile. Either you answered some questions wrong, or you are a very unusual person.

Redid it, didnt see the age and gender option up top lol

That hasn't really worked. Its just in plain text on my end 

That hasn't really worked. Its just in plain text on my end 

I got pinged as number 4 on it

I got a 2 on the test which makes sense to me as far as attraction goes. If the test was purely about sex I would put myself as a 5.

here is what i got on the kinsey test:

0 Exclusively heterosexual.
1 Predominantly heterosexual,only incidentally homosexual.
2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual.
3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual. 
4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual.
5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual.
6 Exclusively homosexual.
X Non-sexual.
F The test failed to match you to a Kinsey Type profile. Either you answered some questions wrong, or you are a very unusual person.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

etc?

Eh, people will have *hopefully* grown up by the time we get a proper grasp on these subjects. We also cannot be afraid of what science has to tell us about the natural world,  can't allow fear to stop research into subjects. Imagine that religion was allowed to ban research on the neurology of belief. Not a good thing by any stretch.

We've plenty of safeguards for ethics in science and given the coming genetic revolution I imagine that more will be created as societies begin to realise the potential.

I also have my doubts about being able to find the mystical 'gay gene'. At this stage I'm rather leaning towards it being a confluence of things rather than one in particular.

Being trans I know something of the fear of new research, but I try not to let that control the rational part of my brain.

No science is inherently harmful, its what we do with it.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.