Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

Corsair C70, Logitech G600X, Blue Snowball, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 5, Ti 80C Calculator.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Skimping on a PSU and going for a 520W thinking I'll never want to go for the higher end ($400) cards.

a non modular psu

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

wtf... why don't you guys import stuff from shipping forwarding services more often? Even with the import duty, it'll  still end up a lot cheaper. I know of a lot of people who import from Japan, the US etc.. when ordering headphones in Australia.

The schools bill you for materials and order everything for you. It's worse than aids.

I've never had to pay import tax on anything before...

A Lenovo Miix2 (win 8 tablet).

It's not that it's terrible but I have never been so underwhelmed by a $300 purchase.

A Diablotek EL600.

60c1f69f6ee9d23445261177fad1c65d.png

Yes. Diablotek.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

wtf... why did your motherboard kill your hard drives? are you sure it was the cause?

TI calculators are so overpriced anyway. Casio masterrace. It's just that TI loves inflating prices because they know 90% of high school and college students are required to have TI-84 calculators etc.. so they charge 150$ for them.

Good thing there isn't TI in Singapore, we mainly use Casio and Sharp calculators.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

The new Duke Nukem ultimate edition complete with bust and poker chips.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Feel free to bash me all you want, but for me it has to be a CM Storm quickfire rapid keyboard w/ MX blues. The keyboard is definitely great as far as build quality and all, but the key feel is honestly nothing amazing, and despite having used it for nearly a year, I still type faster and more accurately on a chiclet keyboard.

I think my HAF-X case. Not that it is a bad case, just that I was thinking I would upgrade to SLI, now that I doubt I will, I wish I had gone for a SFF build.

A gigabyte gtx 650 I bought for my old desktop I never use.

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

Steelseries Shift Cataclysm. Big and useless.

Well, it came in a bundle with Steelseries Siberia V2 and Kinzu v2 for roughly $134, so I didn't regret buying the bundle.

But still, my only plan was to buy a keyboard and nothing else. I should have gotten a Ducky Zero (which I'm using right now), but I don't trust shipping, so I ended up with the shitty Shift, "meh" Kinzu, and "better than nothing" Siberia because I'm impatient as fuuuuuuuuuuk.

100$ stereo system from Wal-Mart that was absolutely trash; some buttons were broken and the right speaker didn't work. I wasn't allowed to return it because it was open (which I still don't understand as I've returned things opened before) and am now stuck with it. 100$ blown!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

100$ stereo system from Wal-Mart that was absolutely trash; some buttons were broken and the right speaker didn't work. I wasn't allowed to return it because it was open (which I still don't understand as I've returned things opened before) and am now stuck with it. 100$ blown!

return tip. Return your stuff on friday before the store closes because the employees are sick of the week and will do whatever do get it over with.

The schools bill you for materials and order everything for you. It's worse than aids.

I've never had to pay import tax on anything before...

if you've never had to pay import tax on anything, then you can easily order pc parts and other things for nearly half price from amazon Japan and such. Shipping is also quite cheap and very fast (5 to 6 days usually). You will save tonnes of money that way. I can PM as far as the shipping forwarding services go.

Palit GTX 650 Ti..

When the fan speeds up above 60% It sounded like and old washing machine spinning.

i9-9900K || MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC || Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC || 16GBCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz || Samsung EVO 970 Plus Samsung 850 EVO 2TB + Crucial BX100 500GB + 4TB HGST NAS || Factal Design Define Mini C TG || Corsair RM750x || Corsair H100i Pro RGB || Acer Predator XB271HU

got a fancy graphical calculator, my father needed it for some stuff not too sure why a normal scientific one would be fine.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I regret getting a used 550 Ti for 100€. I could've gotten that for maybe 70€ at the time of purchase.

I also regret getting a piece of sh*t Aiptek AHD AF1 crapcorder. It was 100€ as new, but honestly it's quality is so horrible I wouldn't sell this for even 40€. Later I got a Sony HDR CX260VE camcorder, which I also regret buying. It was 205€ used (would've been +350€ as new). I thought it was a good deal, it maybe was, but I've only been shooting pictures with the camcorder, so that's why I regret getting it. Could've saved that money for a decent DSLR.

And yet another thing I regret buying: Gigabyte GTX 590. At the time of purchase it was 1 year used, for 270€. Few weeks later prices of GPUs dropped slightly, so I could've gotten a 660 Ti or even a 7950 as new for that price. Also the 590 is loud and hot (idles at 75°C with the fan speed of ~50% (~1900 rpm)).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

hmm..

Not a fan of my case (corsair 400r) so, probably that, it has no sound dampening and is very loud.

Can't wait till I get a R4.

#!

Asrock 970 Extreme 4.. Worst mobo i've ever had! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I got the R.A.T 3 it broke in like a month the cord came out of the mouse got it replaced hope it dies not happen again and I should have got a Razer or steal series

my computer.....

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Practically, my entire rig, if only I waited till Black Friday, I could have made a beast rig for the budget I had (and if I knew as much about it as I do now)

Probably the LG genesis android phone. The phone had almost no internal memory so you couldn't hardly have anything on it which is what a smart phone is all about. I just liked the fact that it had a key board and the two screens on it, and it was tough phone. It went under water with me in a pond once time when my canoe flipped and still worked fine for the most part.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Phantom 410

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."