Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

An Alienware desktop. Actually, I didn't buy it but it's not worth the money.

yup. You're basically paying about twice the price compared to building it yourself. Their cases and the components they use aren't bad though, it's just that they are stupidly overpriced.

yup. You're basically paying about twice the price compared to building it yourself. Their cases and the components they use aren't bad though, it's just that they are stupidly overpriced.

The build in total was $800. It has a GT 640 and an i3 2120 along with a 240 watt external PSU.

Cooler Master Elite 430. Worst case ever

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

OUYA, although after much hacking it has turned into a fun project.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Cooler Master Elite 430. Worst case ever

and that my friends, is why you don't just buy cases on newegg based on the best reviewed. Some of the best reviewed cases on newegg are the cooler master haf x and some old antec cases, and all of those are complete junk in this day and age. They may have had their heyday, but these days there are muuuuuuuch better cases for the same prices.

and that my friends, is why you don't just buy cases on newegg based on the best reviewed. Some of the best reviewed cases on newegg are the cooler master haf x and some old antec cases, and all of those are complete junk in this day and age. They may have had their heyday, but these days there are muuuuuuuch better cases for the same prices.

I bought it when it was my first case purchase and I was on a budget. That case couldn't even have a flat fan connecter behind the motherboard

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

GT 620... Self explanatory...

HD 7750. This was a mistake I made. It was a good card until I fucked it by doing a failed bios flash.

For me would be my old I5 3570k. Don't get me wrong its a awesome CPU, it did everything I needed but, I have always been a AMD guy and just got the fx 6300 with a asrock 990fx board. I have no regrets going back to AMD. To me it is more of a fun CPU to use then Intel. Thats IMHO.

My motherboard. It doesn't support SLI... 

You spelled Performance wrong in your sig.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

My TI Nspire

my professor doesn't let us use calculators 

you think that is bad i have had a ti-86 for over 10 years and have never once been able to use it in a class as teachers would only let people use ti-83 and ti-83 plus

My GT 420 I had, and my motherboard

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

GT 620... Self explanatory...

HD 7750. This was a mistake I made. It was a good card until I fucked it by doing a failed bios flash.

Same situation here kinda of.

7750. Could of gone with a 7790 or something else but I needed a new PSU

Same situation here kinda of.

7750. Could of gone with a 7790 or something else but I needed a new PSU

7790 was never really worth it when you could find 7850s for the same price..

My wireless card on my desktop, I could have gotten a much better one but I knew nothing about tech at the time.

Desktop CPU: Intel i5 2500K Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H GPU: EVGA 660TI 2GB Ram: Kingston 8GB 1333Mhz PSU: Unknown 500w Case: Unknown Hard drive:  WD Black 1TB Heatsink: stock OSWindows 8.1

I know my pc sucks but it does what I want it to do. 

Laptop Dell E6320 OSWindows 8.1 / Ubuntu gnome 15.04

My wireless card on my desktop, I could have gotten a much better one but I knew nothing about tech at the time.

Even the best wireless setup always gives me problems.

Wired>Powerline>wireless access points (even the 1000 megajigabits p/s 4000$ routers)

wtf... why did your motherboard kill your hard drives? are you sure it was the cause?

TI calculators are so overpriced anyway. Casio masterrace. It's just that TI loves inflating prices because they know 90% of high school and college students are required to have TI-84 calculators etc.. so they charge 150$ for them.

I wish mine was only $150

In Australia, mine costed $400 and had a touch screen, but its so unnecessary and shitty.

I wish mine was only $150

In Australia, mine costed $400 and had a touch screen, but its so unnecessary and shitty.

wtf... why don't you guys import stuff from shipping forwarding services more often? Even with the import duty, it'll  still end up a lot cheaper. I know of a lot of people who import from Japan, the US etc.. when ordering headphones in Australia.

I just bought a couple of Cooler Master JetFlo 120 fans. I had read that they're noisy, but this didn't prepare me for how noisy they truly were. I also regret getting the Sennheiser HD 558 headphones when I could have had the HD 598s for a couple bucks more.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

This stupid piece of crap

41URG0zIT6L._SY300_.jpg

Cool idea but it blocks airflow for the entire PC just so the RAM can have a fan (in a case), if you have an open build without a case then it's a pretty good idea.