AMD Radeon R9 390X supposed price of over 700 US dollar [March 16th]

guiliphy
German News site www.heise.de has supposedly got their hands on pricing and performance for AMD's new R300 series during CeBIT 2015.
aufm-b461aa030a1cc909.jpeg

Probably only the fastest two variants R9 390 and 390X will be fitted with particularly fast Stack Memory (HBM). Both cards will also be significantly more expensive than the other models. The Radeon R9 390 will cost 700 US dollars, the Radeon R9 390X is stated as "700+" on the price list we saw. Regarding the performance AMD assigns both cards between the Radeon R9 290X and the lightning-fast dual-GPU card Radeon R9 295X2. [...] According to our information, the Radeon R9 380X will cost $ 400, the R9 380 is given as $ 330. Both cards are to be faster than the Radeon Radeon R9 290. The 370 will cost $ 200 and will be between the Radeon R9 270X and the R9 285 in terms of performance, the 150 US dollar R7 360X is at the level of the Radeon R7 265. The entry-level card Radeon R7 360 costs 110 US dollar, the power should lie between the R7 250X and 260X cards.

If the leaked chiphell benchmarks are true and the leaked Titan X MSRP of 999 USD also, the R9 390X is going to be one beast of a card. The price spectrum seems to be very well covered exept a $ 250 price point and the difference between the 380X and the 390 is out of the line. I think the difference is reasonable due to the HBM and the power this chip supposedly has.

Quotes translated from german.

Source: http://heise.de/-2575802

My rig:

AMD A10-6800K APU | ASUS F2A85-V PRO MoBo | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR3 2133MHz RAM | Crucial M550 256GB SATA SSD | WD Green 1TB HDD | Be quiet! Pure Power L8-CM-530W PSU | Arctic Freezer 13 & 3x Sharkoon 120mm Blue LED Cooling

looks like I'll have to make a little modification to my signature then...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

well.... if this true it dissapoints me quite alot.

time to safe for the titan

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Cool. AMD finally movin' their asses

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

looks like I'll have to make a little modification to my signature then...

note that with 2 970's you are likely to run into the 3.5gb+ ram problem

300-500 under the Titan X? I hate buying into this rumor hype but there's enough out there that I think it's quietly coming from AMD themselves. If so....dayum! I need to start saving!

-------

Current Rig

-------

note that with 2 970's you are likely to run into the 3.5gb+ ram problem

not with two 380s

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Oh damn, that 380 may make me return my 970 and take the plunge with crossfire.  I just hate having to play games in Fullscreen though.

Hope these rumors are true though, I would love a nice price drop.

not with two 380s

-manical smile on face-

well that would be ironic if it would be, hmm?

*hint hint*

Hopefully that means it performs well...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Pretty bad pricing, according to this if the 380 which is slightly better than a 290 is 330$ then the GTX 970 can be found at the same price and still wins.

Not disappointed with the performance, just the prices. They simply matched the price/performance of nVidia

-manical smile on face-

well that would be ironic if it would be, hmm?

*hint hint*

jack_nicholson1024.jpg

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I just wish AMD kept the brand name ATi :/

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

If this is true I'll either be getting a 380 or a 970. Hopefully this is.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Good. I want to be able to play games in 4k 240hz in 5 years.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

If this is true I'll either be getting a 380 or a 970. Hopefully this is.

I hope DX12 is commonplace quickly and can allow SLFire, so I can use both of these cards.

If the Titan X is $1000 and the 390x is $700--this is perfect.  Especially given the 380x should be tackling the 980.  Really hope games using DX12 and Vulkan are out fast--I wanna see how two 390x's will do :3  Can't wait.

I hope DX12 is commonplace quickly and can allow SLFire, so I can use both of these cards.

I can guarantee it won't be until around mid next year, if that.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

One thing I'm wondering is how will they will standardize shaders? These days everyone seems to be making their own shaders

i hope the mid tier cards have more than 2GB of VRAM

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

$700?! My guess is a 290 non-x will be around $600 then?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

$700?! My guess is a 290 non-x will be around $600 then?

The 390 is the one set to be $700, the 390x will be priced higher according to this.

This has me really curious though. Supposedly the reason amd was delaying the 300 series until computer was because they were all going to be new cards and no rebrands. So will the 380/x and lower still not get hbm? Is that where the price difference is coming from?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

The 390 is the one set to be $700, the 390x will be priced higher according to this.

This has me really curious though. Supposedly the reason amd was delaying the 300 series until computer was because they were all going to be new cards and no rebrands. So will the 380/x and lower still not get hbm? Is that where the price difference is coming from?

-_- so much money.... :/

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Inb4 retarded power consumption over exaggeration comments.