Any tips to help wake up a deep sleeper?

So last night I just wanted to take a quick nap. A 10 minute one, that's all (since I was pooped from an earlier party I went to) before I'd start using the PC.

It was 10:50 something PM and I set a phone alarm for 11:20. I thought for sure the Dentist Drill sound I downloaded would get me to get up. So I made myself comfortable and next thing I knew, it was 8:40 in the morning. God damn it.

What's worse is that I had another alarm set for 8:00 AM and even when my mom held the phone next to my ear, I still didn't hear shit...

I actually dislike being a heavy sleeper for this reason. Even with the phone's speaker (on max volume) just less than 5 inches from my ears I couldn't be disturbed. That's why I want to ask you guys for help.

Do any of you have some incredibly annoying ringtone sounds that's sure to wake even a guy like me up? Or do you know any tips to not doze off even for just a few minutes? Or any tips on how to go from heavy to light sleeping?

Thanks for any replies and sorry in advanced if I can't attend to them right away since I still have a crud ton of things to do (that I should have done last night)...

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

i have a pair of 15 inch subs in my room, that are hooked up to my alarm set on my pc sooo..if i need to wake up at an abnormal time

since my body  is habit after so many years i wake at 6am no alarm every day,

but if i need earlier, or later then i use speakers 

So last night I just wanted to take a quick nap. A 10 minute one, that's all (since I was pooped from an earlier party I went to) before I'd start using the PC.

It was 10:50 something PM and I set a phone alarm for 11:20. I thought for sure the Dentist Drill sound I downloaded would get me to get up. So I made myself comfortable and next thing I knew, it was 8:40 in the morning. God damn it.

What's worse is that I had another alarm set for 8:00 AM and even when my mom held the phone next to my ear, I still didn't hear shit...

I actually dislike being a heavy sleeper for this reason. Even with the phone's speaker (on max volume) just less than 5 inches from my ears I couldn't be disturbed. That's why I want to ask you guys for help.

Do any of you have some incredibly annoying ringtone sounds that's sure to wake even a guy like me up? Or do you know any tips to not doze off even for just a few minutes? Or any tips on how to go from heavy to light sleeping?

Thanks for any replies and sorry in advanced if I can't attend to them right away since I still have a crud ton of things to do (that I should have done last night)...

How about one of these sonic boom things. http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-SBB500ss-Vibrating-Alarm-Clock/dp/B000OOWZUK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426387159&sr=8-1&keywords=alarm+clock+for+heavy+sleepers

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Automated and timed sprinkler system.  That way you can wake up and shower at the same time.

I understand what you mean Aaayron, I have slept through my building's fire alarm more than a few times.

I picked one of these ikea alarm clocks up a while ago and they're very loud. I usually wake up right before it goes off because I know that if it goes off I'll wake up scared from the noise lol.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

Hit them with a hammer.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Have you tried getting a clock that uses light to wake you up?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Get an old high school bell off of ebay or something, that will wake anyone right the fuck up...

A friend of mine had one, don't know how, don't want to know, and he did that to me one morning, try waking up to thinking you're having a heart attack.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Damn, if only those were available here...or if I could afford it...

I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.

Peripherals

Use your computer speakers or something.

i have a pair of 15 inch subs in my room, that are hooked up to my alarm set on my pc sooo..if i need to wake up at an abnormal time

since my body  is habit after so many years i wake at 6am no alarm every day,

but if i need earlier, or later then i use speakers 

I would've wanted to do that. Unfortunately my old lousy speakers broke and I'm left with my Krakens for audio.

I picked one of these ikea alarm clocks up a while ago and they're very loud. I usually wake up right before it goes off because I know that if it goes off I'll wake up scared from the noise lol.

Get an old high school bell off of ebay or something, that will wake anyone right the fuck up...

A friend of mine had one, don't know how, don't want to know, and he did that to me one morning, try waking up to thinking you're having a heart attack.

Have you tried getting a clock that uses light to wake you up?

I'mma try and see if I can invest in any of those...maybe one of each really :P

Peripherals

@Aaayron  Check out Sleep Cycle.app for iOS.   I'm not motivated enough to see if it's on Android if that's the way you swing.   A friend of mine who happens to be a heavy sleeper like you "gifted" the app for me, but I don't have wake-up issues so I've actually never used it. 

It's supposed to worth work very well.  

Edited // I cna't speel. 

@Aaayron  Check out Sleep Cycle.app for iOS.   I'm not motivated enough to see if it's on Android if that's the way you swing.   A friend of mine who happens to be a heavy sleeper like you "gifted" the app for me, but I don't have wake-up issues so I've actually never used it. 

It's supposed to worth very well.  

Apparently it is available for Android. Might wanna look into this as well. Thank you. :)

Peripherals

Get an Air raid siren, put it in your room, and set the electricity to activate it at the right time. Will wake up the whole neighbourhood 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Hit them with a hammer.

just throw warm water on him

Sounds like they need a kick (Inception style) :)

Yeah, guys...the deep sleeper is me...not a friend or anything really...

Peripherals

Get an Air raid siren, put it in your room, and set the electricity to activate it at the right time. Will wake up the whole neighbourhood 

Will be saving this for the Douchebag of the Year Awards in my hood. Thanks :)

Peripherals

sweet child of mine....That opening riff....Let's just say I don't have to worry about sleeping through it.

Make some sort of hydraulic system that when it is time to wake up, it lifts one side of the bed and basically drops you out of the bed

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yeah, guys...the deep sleeper is me...not a friend or anything really...

Sorry about that, just going by the title you referred to the deep sleeper in the 3rd person :) 

Sorry about that, just going by the title you referred to the deep sleeper in the 3rd person :)

Yeah I wanted to suggest shaving cream, and a feather as well.

Stop getting used to small sleep periods. Thats the kind of habit you get when you are old and infirm.....Far healthier to get a good long nights sleep where you get the right periods of REM sleep

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Cricket bat to the head? 

Careful, may put them in a deeper sleep. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm also a really deep sleeper. (My ex kicked me out of the bed once and i just kept sleeping. dragged the covers with me onto the floor)

The only thing that works for me is having a routine. I go to bed at about 23:30-00:00 and then i've gotten used to waking up at 06:30.

If i'm going to take a nap i have to sleep on my back or in a chair or something. I can't fall into a deep sleep if i do that.

Still need a lot of this to keep myself from going back to sleep though

murreycoffee-animated.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"