Any tips to help wake up a deep sleeper?

Legend says that gravity is a lot stronger when you're on or near a bed.

November-20-2011-21-41-30-654326.jpeg

That, or you need a better alarm.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

being a deep sleeper myself i can totaly understand your issue,the day i dont wake up my mom takes away my router ...and that helps a lot 

Seems like you need a nagging girlfriend. Idk anyone that can sleep through a nagging gf.

Have you tried sticking to routines and sleeping in full 90 minute cycles? It's easiest to wake up at the end of the said cycle and not in middle of it (in fact, during the first one or two cycles it can be impossible to wake up in middle of it). And no napping longer than 20 minutes, your body will go from light sleep to deep sleep, which is, again, harder to wake up from.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Hire somebody to kick you in a place where it would hurt bad-like in the balls-when you need to wake up.

Just Kidding

I say sleep in a position or an area that is uncomfortable so you don't fall into a deep sleep. You can also try to sleep when your not that tired, you won't fall into a deep sleep like when you are dead tired, you can probably be woken up easier then and your body will get used to shorter naps or sleep periods.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

Sorry about that, just going by the title you referred to the deep sleeper in the 3rd person :)

Yeah I wanted to suggest shaving cream, and a feather as well.

No worries mates, all is good :)

Stop getting used to small sleep periods. Thats the kind of habit you get when you are old and infirm.....Far healthier to get a good long nights sleep where you get the right periods of REM sleep

The only thing that works for me is having a routine. I go to bed at about 23:30-00:00 and then i've gotten used to waking up at 06:30.

If i'm going to take a nap i have to sleep on my back or in a chair or something. I can't fall into a deep sleep if i do that.

I have been trying this method. Sleeping earlier and earlier each day, little by little and such. But then a long weekend comes along and I end up waking up at 1 in the afternoon again...

Will try to restrain myself from playing too much next time I guess...though I can't really count on that alone...

Have you tried sticking to routines and sleeping in full 90 minute cycles? It's easiest to wake up at the end of the said cycle and not in middle of it (in fact, during the first one or two cycles it can be impossible to wake up in middle of it). And no napping longer than 20 minutes, your body will go from light sleep to deep sleep, which is, again, harder to wake up from.

This seems interesting. Thanks for the info mate. :)

Also, I'll be following that no-nap-for-more-than-20 minutes rule from now on. :)

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

Legend says that gravity is a lot stronger when you're on or near a bed.

That, or you need a better alarm.

Strangely enough that does make sense though...

And yes, my phone does tend to have a weak speaker. Doesn't help the fact that I put it on a table far away from me.

being a deep sleeper myself i can totaly understand your issue,the day i dont wake up my mom takes away my router ...and that helps a lot 

Damn, my mom wouldn't touch that thing since she has the mindset that it breaks easily...helps a lot for me as well :P

Seems like you need a nagging girlfriend. Idk anyone that can sleep through a nagging gf.

Oh how I wish I had a gf. Really wouldn't mind if she nagged really...it'll be just like mother but a bit more tolerable.

Hire somebody to kick you in a place where it would hurt bad-like in the balls-when you need to wake up.

Just Kidding

I don't think I'd need to HIRE my friends for that...they'd gladly do it free really...

Peripherals

handgun..

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Strangely enough that does make sense though...

And yes, my phone does tend to have a weak speaker. Doesn't help the fact that I put it on a table far away from me.

You can set your PC to play some music as an alarm, that may wake you up.

You can set your PC to play some music as an alarm, that may wake you up.

I wish to ask how that would work though, since I'm not really the type who leaves his PC on 24/7...

Peripherals

I wish to ask how that would work though, since I'm not really the type who leaves his PC on 24/7...

You could set the bios to turn on your PC and then create a task that plays a song.

You could set the bios to turn on your PC and then create a task that plays a song.

Will look into that when I get my own PC. Thanks mate :)

(Still currently sharing the family PC because money. Mother might not like that I tinker with its bios.)

Also, my speakers just recently broke and I'm just living off my Razer Krakens right now, and I can't sleep with them on so...yeah. In the future. :)

Peripherals