The Galaxy S6 back cover IS REMOVABLE (Its in the Manual)

How-to-Remove-the-Galaxy-S6-Battery-4.jp

Its not exactly the on the go solution that the older phones have, but its something. I guess. Maybe not. People going at replacing these who aren't as technically minded it largely out of the question, no wants to screw around with a phone this thing and removing even a few panels and half a dozen screws? 

Power users will not care, not like they're gonna disassemble their phone just to swap in a charged battery. At the very least, its a small comfort that if your battery dies you could replace ion your own. 

Oh, the back cover needs to be heated to remove. Yes. Heated, to loosen the adhesive. No screws. Samsung could've honestly kept this device "waterproof" had they made use of screws or something and a seal, but nope. Glue. Damn. Not exactly a on the go process by any stretch. 

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201503/20150303094626458/SM-G920F_UM_EU_Lollipop_Eng_Rev.1.0_150302.pdf

This isn't new? Many phones devices with supposedly "non-removable" backs have backs that can be removed, many of them don't even need heat, it's just held in with clips

"Rawr XD"

This isn't new? Many phones devices with supposedly "non-removable" backs have backs that can be removed, many of them don't even need heat, it's just held in with clips.

It is for people who thought the entire thing was going to be sealed and inaccessible. This is confirmation for those who were worried that all DIY would go out the window, which isn't the case. 

It is for people who thought the entire thing was going to be sealed and inaccessible. This is confirmation for those who were worried that all DIY would go out the window, which isn't the case. 

It's still not exactly news. Should include the other pics in the manual as well because it basically requires a teardown of the phone, even removing a circuit board. DIY didn't go out the window, but it's still harder to replace the battery on an S6 then on a Nexus 5 or OnePlus One. Those two don't even require heat to remove the back cover.

This is basically saying, "you can take apart the Galaxy S6".

"Rawr XD"

its like saying the imak 5k has a "non removable" screen... it IS possible do-able but not supposed to be 

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Literally every phone back is removable...if you try hard enough.

Though to be fair, this is sorta important as it's not that hard

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Wooo... what a surprise I definitely didn't think the back cover could be removed and the phone could be dismantled, a huge surprise I would say.

Also this isn't news.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I replace my iPhone batteries quite often... I have one in the mail for my iPhone 5s that I plan on taking 10 minutes to replace when it gets here. It's not that hard.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

I replace my iPhone batteries quite often... I have one in the mail for my iPhone 5s that I plan on taking 10 minutes to replace when it gets here. It's not that hard.

WHY ????/

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Why?

It doesn't last as long as it should because it's old.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

But the battery :(!

Well, thats just part of the deal. Either you get plastic phones or you get battery removal.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

It's still not exactly news. Should include the other pics in the manual as well because it basically requires a teardown of the phone, even removing a circuit board. DIY didn't go out the window, but it's still harder to replace the battery on an S6 then on a Nexus 5 or OnePlus One. Those two don't even require heat to remove the back cover.

This is basically saying, "you can take apart the Galaxy S6".

Why is this news....

Wooo... what a surprise I definitely didn't think the back cover could be removed and the phone could be dismantled, a huge surprise I would say.

Also this isn't news.

if you found out Iphone 6 has a removable back panel mentioned in the manual and you can have the option of removable battery, would you be saying the same ?  

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

if you found out Iphone 6 has a removable back panel mentioned in the manual and you can have the option of removable battery, would you be saying the same ?  

Yes, cause I don't care about the iPhone 6. 

"Rawr XD"

No, cause I don't care about the iPhone 6. 

so you also don't care about this because you don't like samsung ? is that what you are implying ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

That's very mean of you Victorious Secret. You got me all excited then I saw that you needed to remove glue to get into it...

Wish Samsung had just stuck with their plastic body and removable back. I blame every single person who has been whining about Samsung's plastic bodies while hyping up bodies made out of recycled soda cans. You are all guilty of ruining the Galaxy S 6.

so you also don't care about this because you don't like samsung ? is that what you are implying ? 

I never said that I don't care about this, where did you get that from? All I said that this is not news or a surprise. 

"Rawr XD"

I never said that I don't care about this, where did you get that from? All I said that this is not news or a surprise. 

it is a surprise because samsung said it wouldnt be removable so we thought metal unibody

LTT, I don't like what I just read so I'll whinge that it isn't news :rolleyes:.

News is any information being presented to the general public.  Unless everyone already knows it (highly unlikely) then it is news.  Get over it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

LTT, I don't like what I just read so I'll whinge that it isn't news :rolleyes:.

News is any information being presented to the general public.  Unless everyone already knows it (highly unlikely) then it is news.  Get over it.

You and I both know that there is some stuff that absolutely has no reason to be posted in this section, I'll also be arrogant enough to say what I post does belong here. 

But oh well, can't please them all. I'll go make a post about something people can have a fight over, thats what is in style these days. 

You and I both know that there is some stuff that absolutely has no reason to be posted in this section, I'll also be arrogant enough to say what I post does belong here. 

But oh well, can't please them all. I'll go make a post about something people can have a fight over, thats what is in style these days. 

Yes, but there is a big difference between posting something in here that could be better served in one of the other sub forums (e.g questions and rumors) and dismissing a thread as news because it isn't personally interesting.

Hell, I personally hate news about $30,000 doghouses and why the latest Chinese phone is not getting android X.XX.  but that doesn't change the fact it is still news and still interesting to others.

news is news, 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This isn't new? Many phones devices with supposedly "non-removable" backs have backs that can be removed, many of them don't even need heat, it's just held in with clips

Many of these are not in manuals, my Droid mini was supposed to be serviced, I did it myself (the second time). 

Got run over by a car... both times, this phone is pretty durable, first time run over minor screen crack, second time screen cracked badly (the repair place didn't attach all the parts I needed and those they did do were done wrong, I fixed it next time).

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Yes, but there is a big difference between posting something in here that could be better served in one of the other sub forums (e.g questions and rumors) and dismissing a thread as news because it isn't personally interesting.

Hell, I personally hate news about $30,000 doghouses and why the latest Chinese phone is not getting android X.XX.  but that doesn't change the fact it is still news and still interesting to others.

news is news, 

News is news, but not everyone can understand that not all news is glamorous or will reach 2 dozen pages of replies. Sometimes mundane stuff has to be reported too. As you'll see why below...

Many of these are not in manuals, my Droid mini was supposed to be serviced, I did it myself (the second time). 

(got run over by a car... both times).

Exactly You can replace iPhone batteries on your own, 4/4s/5/5s ones are even what you could call easy to do yourself, but its not like Apple puts up instructions to do that. 

HTC doesn't say a thing with the M devices. 

Its VERY noteworthy that Samsung specifically mentions how to in their own user guide. Of course enthusiasts can do it. Normal people can't, or wouldn't if they didn't know where to start. Samsung is telling you precisely how to get it done if you really want. That is worth reporting, IMHO. 

And if thats a problem, well, tough luck. Report the post and let the mods decide. I don't need backseat "DAE THIS ISN"T TECHNEWS" on stuff that is legit. If this was a shitpost? Go for it. But it isn't. So IDGAF. Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it. 

Its VERY noteworthy that Samsung specifically mentions how to in their own user guide. Of course enthusiasts can do it. Normal people can't, or wouldn't if they didn't know where to start. Samsung is telling you precisely how to get it done if you really want. That is worth reporting, IMHO. 

I just watched a youtube video to see how to get the back off properly. Once I was inside it was self explanatory.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW