The Galaxy S6 back cover IS REMOVABLE (Its in the Manual)

News is news, but not everyone can understand that not all news is glamorous or will reach 2 dozen pages of replies. Sometimes mundane stuff has to be reported too.

I agree.

On a side note, the section is Tech News, and I find it wrong that so much gaming stuff is posted here, there should be a Game News section. Game stuff that relates to tech is fine (like benchmarks) but Twitch streamers getting arrested, Counter Strike & Esport cheaters and GTA V delays do not belong here.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

That's very mean of you Victorious Secret. You got me all excited then I saw that you needed to remove glue to get into it...

Wish Samsung had just stuck with their plastic body and removable back. I blame every single person who has been whining about Samsung's plastic bodies while hyping up bodies made out of recycled soda cans. You are all guilty of ruining the Galaxy S 6.

Salt?

They needed to move on from the plastic bodies.

Besides touch wiz *shudders that was the main reason I dont own a Samsung device, it felt like I was holding a toy! There plastics are terrible.

This coming from a guy who doesn't own a metal bodied phone. (Oneplus One)

They still could of kept micro sd storage expandability with a metal/glass back. They could of put it on the side like HTC did.

What do you mean "hyping up bodies made out of recycled soda cans" The body of the S6 is no soda can, same with HTC. Build quality is excellent.

And same with the Oneplus One, and that doesn't have metal.

Welcome to the modern world Samsung, now your excellent camera can be surrounded by a phone that is as good as your camera (besides Touchwiz).

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

This isn't new? Many phones devices with supposedly "non-removable" backs have backs that can be removed, many of them don't even need heat, it's just held in with clips

so u can remove a iphone 6 back xD

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

if you found out Iphone 6 has a removable back panel mentioned in the manual and you can have the option of removable battery, would you be saying the same ?

Yep, if I will have to unscrew unglue.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yep, if I will have to unscrew unglue.

i was referring to the fact you called this not a news to those who didn't know it was removable 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

i was referring to the fact you called this not a news to those who didn't know it was removable

Every phone can be dismantled, the iPhone can be dismantled that isn't news and Apple doesn't tell you how to do it, My nexus 5 can be dismantled but google didn't tell me how to do it, my point that every phone can be dismantled so this isn't news.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

why?  plastic is a very good material,  in many ways it is superior to aluminum, especially for a mobile phone. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Salt?

Sugar?

I strongly disagree. I am hoping for the manufacturers who currently make unibody metal phones to move over to some more exotic plastics like Kevlar or carbon fiber.

Besides touch wiz *shudders that was the main reason I dont own a Samsung device, it felt like I was holding a toy! There plastics are terrible.

This coming from a guy who doesn't own a metal bodied phone. (Oneplus One)

So you own a Oneplus One. Do you agree that it feels very nice in the hand? That's a plastic phone as well. It's just that it has a good texture to the surface instead of the terrible glossy finish Samsung used to have. Plastic, a fantastic material, has gotten a bad rep because Samsung used a bad *feeling* surface to it.

Welcome to the modern world Samsung, now your excellent camera can be surrounded by a phone that is as good as your camera (besides Touchwiz).

It seems like they have done a lot of cleaning up on TouchWiz. It's kind of hard to judge from photos and videos of the phone, but hopefully they have improved that aspect of the phone.

why?  plastic is a very good material,  in many ways it is superior to aluminum, especially for a mobile phone. 

While it is a fine material in many ways if I was going to buy an iPhone for example I would be pissed to find out the entire thing is plastic.

$649 literally buys a boat of aluminum.

$649 literally buys a boat of aluminum.

That doesn't make it the better material.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That doesn't make it the better material.

Its only a better material if the materials engineer utilizes it in a way that benefits it the most. All materials are good or bad, inherently. I prefer polycarbonate and metal designs, you can leverage the best of both. 

Ideally, I'd prefer to replace aluminum with titanium. But titanium is expensive on a level that makes no sense for a lot of mobile devices.

Its only a better material if the materials engineer utilizes it in a way that benefits it the most. All materials are good or bad, inherently. I prefer polycarbonate and metal designs, you can leverage the best of both. 

Ideally, I'd prefer to replace aluminum with titanium. But titanium is expensive on a level that makes no sense for a lot of mobile devices.

That's true, though the engineer isn't exactly going to do that while the consumer is screaming for aluminum only.   I can't help but wonder how much cheaper the phone would be if the engineer didn't have to account for RF interference, conductivity,  machining etc.