You May Lose Your Right to Pizza

Jaybird

buy-Dominos-with-PayPal.jpg

Inside the Powerful Lobby Fighting for Your Right to Eat Pizza

"...pizza has become a target, lumped into a nutritional axis of evil along with French fries and soda. New federal nutrition standards for school lunches, part of a 2010 law, squarely targeted pizza’s dominance in cafeterias. Menu-labeling rules, which take effect later this year, have seemed particularly onerous to pizzeria owners. And in the popular imagination, no less than First Lady Michelle Obama and Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio, though they claim to love the stuff, have emerged as enemies of pizza in their push for healthier school lunches. “I hear people say, ‘We would like to improve the school lunch program, but the kids, all they want to do is eat pizzas and burgers,’” Colicchio said in testimony to Congress in 2010. “We are adults here. It is up to us to do better.”"

"Until recently the U.S. government was inclined to agree. Pizza is such an efficient cheese-delivery vehicle that a farmer-funded promotional agency, authorized and overseen by the federal government, pushed fast-food chains to load up pizzas with more cheese. That effort led to Pizza Hut’s 2002 “Summer of Cheese” campaign..."

post-17956-0-30998400-1425523211_thumb.j

post-17956-0-11964400-1425523278_thumb.j

“Pizza is, like, the greatest food in America,” says Joe Clayton, executive director of the National Frozen Pizza Institute, who’s understandably biased. “It is part of America, and it has been for a long time.”

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2015-03-03/junk-food-s-last-stand-the-pizza-lobby-is-not-backing-down

Breaking-Bad-Business-Pizza-Place-2-OHI.

Thanks obama. Our beloved food is now the enemy of the state thanks to the "eating healthy" programs. If I cant eat my pizza then how can I watch my netflix and drink my Mountian Dew? 

Breaking news: Netflix banned due to unhealthy habits. Mountain Dew doesn't come from a mountain's dew. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

If they actually filled up the plates with a decent amount of food, I wouldn't even pay no mind to pizza not being on the menu in schools.

Just more proof we should stop subsidizing grain farmers. Instead of banning the food, just affect the demand. It's the same as the war on drugs. Trying to attack the supply is pointless. Those addicted will just buy at higher prices and nothing will change. Killing the demand is the only intelligent way to attack the unhealthy eating problem.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

That's right, lets starve more children who would rather eat junk than "healthy" food. 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/6/1m-kids-stop-school-lunch-due-michelle-obamas-stan/?page=all

People have a right to be as unhealthy as they want, end of story. The only argument against it is when you make EVERYONE way for healthcare (so called "Free healthcare"). Yes, it may be unhealthy, but guess what, that's not anyone's f**king business.

Law must be passed under 20 minutes or it'll be free  :P

As a former Domino's delivery driver, my rage requires me to inform you that the "30 minutes or free" thing has been gone for a LONG time. Ever since a delivery driver ran into a minivan and killed a few people because Domino's was taking the price of free pizza's out of the driver's pockets, and then the father/husband of the woman and children killed, along with the driver, sued the ever loving F**K out of domino's.

No anger at you, more of a "psychotic rage against people who used to try and get that shit past me". *vein on forehead explodes*. And a hope that anyone who reads this won't do it to their delivery driver.

Tip your driver, they are overworked to shit, not compensated for gas or maintenance, and they are also the people who top your pizza's, answer the phones, and clean the entire F**KING STORE.

*takes a break to relieve anger* I guess you could say I have vietnam style flashbacks about when I was a delivery driver. If I ever have children, I will go bankrupt to no end, before letting them deliver pizza.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

How about they actually give school more of a budget. Maybe that is a fucking good start..instead of nagging " Oh my kids eat pizza and burgers " Well no shit, its called a goddamn budget. School's don't have alot of money, that's for damn sure, I know for a fact my school is completely piss poor, we sometimes, have leaky toilets that constantly leak water when flushed....

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Mountain Dew doesn't come from a mountain's dew. 

Thats......almost sexual.

/I've always believed it's up to the parents to gift their kids with common-sense knowledge.

Non-serious note...

Parent - "If you eat a ton of that unhealthy shit and don't have a plan to work it off, it'll add up, you'll be fat and no one will have sex with you"

Child - "Food for Thought" / "Can Haz Sex with Pizza Instead?"

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

kill me

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Pizza Hut is still delicious. Thin crust pepperoni is amazing. Don't even get me started on stuffed crust..

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Pizza Hut is still delicious. Thin crust pepperoni is amazing. Don't even get me started on stuffed crust..

I prefer Papa John's. Their crusts taste much chewier and they definitely taste less oily than Pizza Hut.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Pizza hut pizza is some of the greasiest pizza ever. I prefer a local pizza place or oven baked pizza that you take from the freezer..

In reply to that infographic, Pizza Hut pizza is fucking disgusting.  Pizza Hut pizza is made months ahead of time in a factory in China with the cheapest, GMOiest ingredients available, frozen (without a proper seal), then shipped across the Atlantic to the store.  At the store, a sweaty minimum wage worker with no gloves tosses the pizza into some old fryer oil and lets it soak for 10-15 minutes +/- smoke breaks, before giving it 5 minutes solid in the microwave.  Once the psuedo-pizza is removed bubbling from the microwave (cleaned annually), it sits under a heat lamp for 3-10 minutes +/- server cocaine breaks, before it finally arrives at your table.

Somewhere in there I'm sure more calories got added to the whatever it is, because the actual pizza joints I get my pizza from are way less greasy, and incalculably more delicious. 

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I prefer Papa John's. Their crusts taste much chewier and they definitely taste less oily than Pizza Hut.

I agree that Pizza Hut is oily :(. Although i never liked papa johns, It's been a while since i've had them though.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

In reply to that infographic, Pizza Hut pizza is fucking disgusting.  Pizza Hut pizza is made months ahead of time in a factory in China, frozen, then shipped across the Atlantic to the store.  At the store, a sweaty minimum wage worker with no gloves tosses the pizza into some old fryer oil and lets it soak for 10-15 minutes +/- smoke breaks, before giving it five minutes solid in the microwave.  Once the psuedo-pizza is removed bubbling from the microwave (cleaned annually), it sits under a heat lamp for 3-10 minutes +/- server cocaine breaks, before it finally arrives at your table.

Somewhere in there I'm sure more calories got added to the whatever it is, because the actual pizza joints I get my pizza from are way less greasy, and incalculably more delicious. 

LOL that is such an inaccurate description of the cooking process that it's sad. I've worked in the pizza industry, I've made them by hand, and watched them do it at Domino's, Pizza Hut, Little Ceasars, Pappa Jons, etc.

It's brought in on a truck (depending on where you go of course), and put through a gas powered convection oven. Pizza Hut is actually the best because their ovens are the slowest, allowing the dough to properly cook, whereas Domino's is all about speed. Pappa Jons and Little Ceasars are somewhere inbetween. At no point is a microwave or a fryer involved you ignorant fool,

Yes it's oily, but *plot twist* oily pizza is better tasting than non oily pizza. Fat = Flavor in all types of cooking.

School lunch pizza is the nastiest shit in the world. I remember they used to throw this orange greasy beef that Taco Bell would be embarrassed to serve under the cheese of the nasty rectangular slices of pizza, and they served this disgusting plate of fail twice a week.

That's right, lets starve more children who would rather eat junk than "healthy" food. 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/6/1m-kids-stop-school-lunch-due-michelle-obamas-stan/?page=all

People have a right to be as unhealthy as they want, end of story. The only argument against it is when you make EVERYONE way for healthcare (so called "Free healthcare"). Yes, it may be unhealthy, but guess what, that's not anyone's f**king business.

As a former Domino's delivery driver, my rage requires me to inform you that the "30 minutes or free" thing has been gone for a LONG time. Ever since a delivery driver ran into a minivan and killed a few people because Domino's was taking the price of free pizza's out of the driver's pockets, and then the father/husband of the woman and children killed, along with the driver, sued the ever loving F**K out of domino's.

No anger at you, more of a "psychotic rage against people who used to try and get that shit past me". *vein on forehead explodes*. And a hope that anyone who reads this won't do it to their delivery driver.

Tip your driver, they are overworked to shit, not compensated for gas or maintenance, and they are also the people who top your pizza's, answer the phones, and clean the entire F**KING STORE.

*takes a break to relieve anger* I guess you could say I have vietnam style flashbacks about when I was a delivery driver. If I ever have children, I will go bankrupt to no end, before letting them deliver pizza.

I currently work at Pizza Hut to set aside money for college.... it's amazing how many people think the delivery fee is a tip for the driver and just don't tip...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Oh well bye Costco pizza. 

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I currently work at Pizza Hut to set aside money for college.... it's amazing how many people think the delivery fee is a tip for the driver and just don't tip...

I feel you bro, at least your pizza is edible. I could get free pizza at domino's, and I used to pay full price at the Pizza Hut across the street rather than eat Domino's shit pizza, also used to piss our regional off by going into Pizza hut with my heatwave bag, wearing my uniform, and then putting yalls pizza on our heat rack, in the pizza hut box, in full view of the customers. He asked why and I said outright "because there pizza tastes less like cardboard than ours does" right in front of some customers.

The only reason he couldn't fire me was because I was the fastest driver we had in the city.

I guess that's why they put that on the box. 

post-67084-0-52836700-1425525169.jpg

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I love how they compared it to Pizza Hut. If you want a good slice of pizza, go to your nearest independent pizzeria and grab a slice. I guarantee it'll taste better, and have less calories. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

I guess that's why they put that on the box. 

And yet, every single customer you talk to that doesn't tip, seems to think that $00.75 goes to their delivery driver. (or $1.25 in some places)

*plot twist* 99% of customers don't read anything on the box

In reply to that infographic, Pizza Hut pizza is fucking disgusting.  Pizza Hut pizza is made months ahead of time in a factory in China with the cheapest, GMOiest ingredients available, frozen (without a proper seal), then shipped across the Atlantic to the store.  At the store, a sweaty minimum wage worker with no gloves tosses the pizza into some old fryer oil and lets it soak for 10-15 minutes +/- smoke breaks, before giving it 5 minutes solid in the microwave.  Once the psuedo-pizza is removed bubbling from the microwave (cleaned annually), it sits under a heat lamp for 3-10 minutes +/- server cocaine breaks, before it finally arrives at your table.

Sounds like S&R (a local Costco equivalent) pizza... Pizza is made in China, exported to US, then imported to our country (just to say that it was imported from the US)... I'm not even sure if they're using legit mozzarela in it...

People have a right to be as unhealthy as they want, end of story.

And the schools can offer whatever food they choose to offer, as long as students are free to bring whatever they want from home what is the issue?

I think the smarter solution would be reduced portion sizes and more recess/gym class though.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti