You May Lose Your Right to Pizza

Jaybird

Jeez, welcome to today's high schools. 

I have the legal right to say that, on most days, the food here sucks. 

Except for thursday nacho bar. Holy crap that's good food.

My school food sucked on every day but pizza day. Except when I lived in michigan, and we had 3 hot items, 2 soups, a salad bar, a snack food bar, soda machines, coffee machines, and even one of those rotary food dispensing machines, certain days we got chick-fil-a, and on other days we got pizza hut. We even had whole milk and cereal as an option.

Pizza Hut day was the craziest, everyone making a mad rush to get some of that pan pizza.

Down here in Virginia, we got square pizza (belgh) some days, then it was a toss up between poorly done oven baked chicken nuggets, chicken filet sandwiches made from rubber chicken, shrimp (blegh), boiled hot dogs (*vomit*), and I honestly can't think of whatever else they served, or don't want to. And those weren't all available on the same day, you had one option and if you didn't like it, starve. Their french fries were absolutely disgusting, soggy, undercooked, and no salt.

Seriously, not even a bag of chips.

As a swede, who grew up with being served one (or sometimes two) dishes in the school cafeteria, this entire thread is really bizarre to me.

OP is very very sensationalistic, lots of people are just attacking it because it's coming from Michelle Obama, and I am fairly sure a marge portions of this thread are too lazy to even read the article.

They are not trying to get pizza banned entirely. They are trying to get it taken out of the school cafeterias. The school should not be serving children such unhealthy foods. At my elementary school we had 1 person that was obese. In the US the same school would have over 30 (statistically speaking). That should be very alarming to people, and yet here we are with a bunch of people shouting "don't take the pizza away from my children!".

Children are idiots. If they were to choose between meatballs and pizza, of course they will choose pizza. Pizza tastes great. The school has a responsibility to teach children about diet and health as well, and feeding the children pizza is doing the exact opposite of that.

@Jaybird could you please change the title? Not only is it misspelled but it seems like it is misleading a lot of people as well.

Considering how horrible here school lunch program has done, I disagree. Children are willingly missing lunch rather than eating what they call "food"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I prefer Papa John's. Their crusts taste much chewier and they definitely taste less oily than Pizza Hut.

I like Pizza Hut's better because of the oil. :P

GMOiest

LOL

OMG GMO (hey I just realized that GMO backwards is OMG)S GIVE U CANSER I HATE MONSATANO THEIR IZ NOTING GUD BOUT GMOS ITZ NOT LIEK THEI CAN HEPL PPL IN OTER COUNTRIES LIV OR ANITHING!!!!!!!!11!!!!1!!!!!

This post is so wrong, along with 99% of the fears about GMOs and for that matter the food industry.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I live next to a ton of nice pizza places up here. Really local, too. 

Best pizza is local pizza. It's 10/10 especially with bacon, onions, and pepperoni. :)

I have a few around me really like. But there something about thin crust from pizza hut that i really enjoy.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I thought of the Beastie Boys when reading the topic's title.

lol

lol at the breaking bad gif. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would fight for our pizza rights.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I prefer Papa John's. Their crusts taste much chewier and they definitely taste less oily than Pizza Hut.

I would rather have no take out pizza at all....

Because it's insanely expensive here, that's why. But they are tasty...

As a Little Caesars employee, I will rebel.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Food in the US is unbelievably cheap, and the portions are fucking insane. I think if they want to address the obesity issue, they could do with looking into their portion sizes. I'm not joking when I say that we bought bags of food in the US that said something like 'serves 4' would be good enough for 10 servings.

For all the danger of being shot, of being mugged, of having ridiculous laws and being sued.... This is one of America's one good perks that's left

But I always look forward going to zero's subs and getting a pizza. :/ I can't believe how stupid this is. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

And yet, every single customer you talk to that doesn't tip, seems to think that $00.75 goes to their delivery driver. (or $1.25 in some places)

*plot twist* 99% of customers don't read anything on the box

Where I'm from if you don't tip the pizza delivery guy or gal at least $5 your a strait up a-hole.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Where I'm from if you don't tip the pizza delivery guy or gal at least $5 your a strait up a-hole.

At the store I worked at, not tipping guaranteed your next 2-liter would be a warm one from the back of the store, and would sit next to my subwoofer and 450w amp on the way to your house.

,,,Biggest problem imo is not the fact that there is pizza, it is that there is not enough food to fill you up. 

Idk what high schools are like where y'all live, but here in middle-upper class NorCal white conservative town, our lunches at both middle and high school are horribly small. One slice of thin as hell pizza. Two small taco/enchilada things and some rice. Only two sticks of bread with cheese inside of them AKA "Bosco Sticks". Nobody is full after eating. I highly doubt any of our lunches, even the pizza, are "unhealthy." Not to mention they give only a small tiny sip of milk and force us to take an apple or banana or strawberries - but of the lowest quality, nobody wants that. The only thing that even comes remotely close to a full meal is the calzone, which they only have once a week.

I don't particularly care much about this anymore because I leave my high school at lunch, but I still think it's unfair how little food they give.

In elementary school the food was actually better, they gave a normal amount of fries and they had foods like mac and cheese and yeah they forced you take vegetables, but damn they were just as good as the entree. Crappy elementary school green beans are freaking great.

I wonder what it's like now.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

,,,Biggest problem imo is not the fact that there is pizza, it is that there is not enough food to fill you up. 

Idk what high schools are like where y'all live, but here in middle-upper class NorCal white conservative town, our lunches at both middle and high school are horribly small. One slice of thin as hell pizza. Two small taco/enchilada things and some rice. Only two sticks of bread with cheese inside of them AKA "Bosco Sticks". Nobody is full after eating. I highly doubt any of our lunches, even the pizza, are "unhealthy." Not to mention they give only a small tiny sip of milk and force us to take an apple or banana or strawberries - but of the lowest quality, nobody wants that. The only thing that even comes remotely close to a full meal is the calzone, which they only have once a week.

I don't particularly care much about this anymore because I leave my high school at lunch, but I still think it's unfair how little food they give.

In elementary school the food was actually better, they gave a normal amount of fries and they had foods like mac and cheese and yeah they forced you take vegetables, but damn they were just as good as the entree. Crappy elementary school green beans are freaking great.

I wonder what it's like now.

That's the problem I see. Our lunches where the exact same way. People seem to not realize how much energy a teenager needs to get through the day. I personally couldn't have made it through a single day in high school without a bunch of soda.