Obama plans to BAN 5.56 through executive order

Jaybird

i know people are going to laugh at me but i would prefer not to kill the person just incapacitate and im going to be in my attic watching one doorway

You do know that the person can then sue you, right? Someone broke into a house, broke their arm, sued the howeowner, and WON.

This is my motto; minus the glock.

f63b9ddc10b09351b9ebc2ceaa693df1.jpg

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

i know people are going to laugh at me but i would prefer not to kill the person just incapacitate and im going to be in my attic watching one doorway

How are you going to "incapacitate" them with your "sniper" rifle? You've already admitted you don't know how to operate the weapon, and you won't be able to aim it worth a damn. You're more likely to incapacitate yourself.

Also, how are you going to "watch the doorway" while in the attic? In a home defence situation, you won't know the person is coming until they bust down your door or break a window.

If you want to incapacitate him, then it's simple:

1. Buy a shotgun

2. Buy birdshot

3. Aim for the general chest/torso area

4. He will be in a lot of pain

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You are full of shit.

If firearm is discharged based on need, it will be when your life is threatened(otherwise criminals not out for blood will be stopped by mere sight down the firearm's barrel); YOU WILL SHOOT TO KILL unless you don't value your own life or that of your friends/family.

my rifle is a weak one so he can probably survive easily 

SO what is your rifle?

And don't give me that bullshit about low-caliber rifle being unable to kill effectively. Even if you aim for legs, hitting a femoral artery would still mostly likely kill.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Yet you've only shot it once, seems legit.

yes i brought it to a firing range one time and i wont be snipping people from a mile away just a few feet so it goes to the crosshair

You never shoot to wound. EVER. That's one of the first things ANY gun owner learns. If you have to shoot at another person, you shoot to kill, shooting to incapacitate, statistically speaking, ,gets YOU killed.

A bullet through the leg will stop most people, that aren't on meth/heroin/pcp/crack/bathsalts, not to mention that the leg is much harder to hit. You ALWAYS aim for the torso

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You never shoot to wound. EVER. That's one of the first things ANY gun owner learns. If you have to shoot at another person, you shoot to kill, shooting to incapacitate, statistically speaking, ,gets YOU killed.

Also lawsuit.

Evil lawsuit.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Oh lord that's horrible. Considering it's a high caliber gun, as you've mentioned, and if you actually manage to get a shot on him, you would ruin his life. Put him out of his misery. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Oh lord that's horrible. Considering it's a high caliber gun, as you've mentioned, and if you actually manage to get a shot on him, you would ruin his life. Put him out of his misery.

But:

But:

You never fire a backup shot unless they are still trying to hurt you. If someone is incapacitated and you shoot them again, that's first degree murder. I know you probably know, but there may be those who don't

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i said its not high calibre

Just going to ask a question in this thread now that we've got a few gun enthusiasts in here.

I'm thinking about taking up target shooting sometime this summer (Unless i take up historical european fencing)

And the clubs around here are specialized. There is one pistol club. (Where as the name suggests you use pistols) and one rifle club. (Yup you guessed it. Rifles only)

I've shot both rifles and pistols before. But i can't decide. 

There is a six month period i'd have to be a member of either club and get licensed for rifles/pistols so after i choose one it'll be a faff to switch over.

So i'll just ask for suggestions as to which i should pick. I am completely 50/50 on the subject. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

As someone who gets to experience the damage that hogs in Texas do. An AR is the only weapon you can use to put a slight dent in the hog population. 

snip

i do just fine with my 30-30

Just going to ask a question in this thread now that we've got a few gun enthusiasts in here.

I'm thinking about taking up target shooting sometime this summer (Unless i take up historical european fencing)

And the clubs around here are specialized. There is one pistol club. (Where as the name suggests you use pistols) and one rifle club. (Yup you guessed it. Rifles only)

There is a six month period i'd have to be a member of either club and get licensed for rifles/pistols so after i choose one it'll be a faff to switch over.

So i'll just ask for suggestions as to which i should pick. I am completely 50/50 on the subject. 

if your hunting rifle self defense pistol

yes i brought it to a firing range one time and i wont be snipping people from a mile away just a few feet so it goes to the crosshair

So you went shooting only once, have never gone back, but still hit targets constantly? 

Wat? 

tumblr_m64408BsgK1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

You're not being the person Mr. Rogers knew you could be. 

Here in Switzerland we are allowed to have a gun at home as long as you have a weapon license, and you don't get that so easy, but you are not allowed to have ammunition at home. Anyways we are only allowed to shoot in a stand which means you need to be in a club.

if your hunting rifle self defense pistol

Firearms are not legal for self defence here. 

Not going to hunt.. yet

Also not going to discuss this with you. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It's all personal preference. I compete in IDPA and IPSC pistol competitions because I could afford to get into it more than rifles. Although with handguns you tend to shoot more ammunition per range trip than rifles. 

I think pistols are a bit cheaper to get into but harder to get "good" at, while rifles are more expensive to get into but a bit easier to become proficient with. 

Just my $0.02.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

So you went shooting only once, have never gone back, but still hit targets constantly? 

Wat? 

tumblr_m64408BsgK1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

You're not being the person Mr. Rogers knew you could be. 

i am not shooting from long ranges -_-

i am not shooting from long ranges -_-

Close range is no assurance of accuracy if you don't practice. Especially if you're not putting rounds through a gun like you should to keep it well maintained. 

Post you rifle then. Lets see what exactly it is you're shooting that leaves you so confident that you never need to practice with it. 

It's all personal preference. I compete in IDPA and IPSC pistol competitions because I could afford to get into it more than rifles. Although with handguns you tend to shoot more ammunition per range trip than rifles. 

I think pistols are a bit cheaper to get into but harder to get "good" at, while rifles are more expensive to get into but a bit easier to become proficient with. 

Just my $0.02.

Precisely the kind of answer i was expecting. But i really am completely stumped. Pistols are fun. But my wrists aren't exactly in great shape so they'll start hurting like a motherf**ker after about 20-30 rounds.

Rifles are fun too at longer ranges. and it feels like more of a challenge (Especially with my poor vision) 

Close range is no assurance of accuracy if you don't practice. Especially if you're not putting rounds through a gun like you should to keep it well maintained. 

Post you rifle then. Lets see what exactly it is you're shooting that leaves you so confident that you never need to practice with it. 

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umarex_Octane_Air_Rifle_Combo_Gas_Piston/3098/6019cant find the exact model but its something similar to this

Precisely the kind of answer i was expecting. But i really am completely stumped. Pistols are fun. But my wrists aren't exactly in great shape so they'll start hurting like a motherf**ker after about 20-30 rounds.

Rifles are fun too at longer ranges. and it feels like more of a challenge (Especially with my poor vision) 

i have glasses so its fine

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umarex_Octane_Air_Rifle_Combo_Gas_Piston/3098/6019cant find the exact model but its something similar to this

So you have an AIR RIFLE thats not really going to actually incapacitate someone who is packing actual heat...an AIR RIFLE that you claim you know how to use but...just...

Wow. Here I was thinking you'd done something stupid like buying a Barrett and not knowing how to use it. This is actually worse.