Obama plans to BAN 5.56 through executive order

Jaybird

I'm perfectly fine with this. America's founder's never thought there could be guns capable of killing literally dozens in mere seconds.

yeh they also never thought there could be a device that you could hold in your hand and access an entire world of information and social media, you dont see them banning those.

if you ask me, the smartphones have ruined society more than guns, think about it

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I'm perfectly fine with this. America's founder's never thought there could be guns capable of killing literally dozens in mere seconds.

I bet a cannon ball could kill literally dozens in mere seconds. They had cannons back then. Cannons are like guns.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Yeah, there's a lot of misinformation and ignorance when talking about firearms.

Ah well, maybe I'll get the popcorn.

Anyone who's played Call of Duty and Battlefield knows all about guns mate.

why would banning 1 cailbre be even worth doing?

Because it makes the most popular and diffused assault rifles useless. If the goal is to reduce the availability of lethal firepower and a reduction of weapons sales this is right on spot, or as close as they can get with the second amendment.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

if you are not out to kill people why would you want a high calibre round

If you haven't already gotten this from people more experienced than yourself on the situation at hand, you have no say.

A .22 or another smaller calibre round will not stop an animal in it's tracks if you're hunting and in fact there may be legislation against using such a small calibre in hunting in some states due to this. Fate and Jaybird have already made it clear.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

yeh they also never thought there could be a device that you could hold in your hand and access an entire world of information and social media, you dont see them banning those.

You can't kill 30 people in 5 minutes with a smartphone.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Why wouldn't you?

Higher calibers are less effective at killing people, actually. Don't spread ignorance, people :D How about that?

yep totally getting hit by a bigger bullet wont hurt you as much. obviously getting hit by a ping pong ball hurts more than getting smashed in the face with a bowling ball

this wont really affect normal people who dont want to kill other people 

Plenty of people use AR-15's to hunt as well, if I had a tool of choice for hunting big game, it would be that. 

If I had a tool of choice for self defense, it would be an AR-15. If someone breaks into my house with an AK, I don't want a pistol with 7 rounds or a shotgun with 2, I want an AR-15 with 30. 

Can someone explain to me why this is such a bad thing?

Because AR-15's are a popular tool used for hunting/self defense/target shooting, and banning 5.56 would be taking away our freedom.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

You can't kill 30 people in 5 minutes with a smartphone.

yeh instead it slowly kills society, idk whats worse m8

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Plenty of people use AR-15's to hunt as well, if I had a tool of choice for hunting big game, it would be that. 

Because AR-15's are a popular tool used for hunting, and banning 5.56 would be taking away our freedom.

It'll take away your freedom? Nah, not really. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

If you haven't already gotten this from people more experienced than yourself on the situation at hand, you have no say.

A .22 or another smaller calibre round will not stop an animal in it's tracks if you're hunting and in fact there may be legislation against using such a small calibre in hunting in some states due to this. Fate and Jaybird have already made it clear.

yes lets risk people's lives so we can hunt

Saw this coming when he was first elected.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong about what you thought he'd do, but I don't think one of Obama's intentions when he went into office was to ban a certain caliber of bullets from civilian ownership.

If I had a tool of choice for self defense, it would be an AR-15. If someone breaks into my house with an AK, I don't want a pistol with 7 rounds or a shotgun with 2, I want an AR-15 with 30. 

Because AR-15's are a popular tool used for hunting/self defense/target shooting, and banning 5.56 would be taking away our freedom.

They're also fun to shoot. Just saying.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Mate, people are gonna get their hands on firearms no matter what you do. It's inevitable.

If someone wants to kill you, they gon' kill you.

yep totally getting hit by a bigger bullet wont hurt you as much. obviously getting hit by a ping pong ball hurts more than getting smashed in the face with a bowling ball

You think bullets are black and white? Nope. 

Fatalities.jpg

RoundsToIncap.jpg

Seems the .22 is more effective at putting people out, hm?

Don't spread the wrong information, ESPECIALLY about guns.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

i have a sniper rifle with 5 rounds i think that would be plenty. why would an army break into my house

Freedom to have the ammo I choose? And use the weapon I own? Yeah, without it, it would be restricting my freedom.

Getting rid of the second amendment isn't taking away my freedom? 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I'm not trying to say you're wrong about what you thought he'd do, but I don't think one of Obama's intentions when he went into office was to ban a certain caliber of bullets from civilian ownership.

The details are different but the end result is the same.

Blarg

zero restrictions in Texas. you are allowed to hunt these creatures from a helicopter with a fully automatic machine gun. 

Really!?

airplane-takeoff-o.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Murica  :lol:  ;) i Love you americans <3

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

i have a sniper rifle with 5 rounds i think that would be plenty. why would an army break into my house

You don't need to be an army to have an AK (France shootings recently involved an AK, and they're completely banned there), also a 'sniper rifle' uses high caliber rounds, which you seem to disagree with. 

Good luck taking on someone with a semi auto rifle with 30 rounds with a bolt action rifle with 5 rounds.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

You're talking normal law-abiding citizens, who aren't buying firearms to commit terrorist attacks.

If someone wants a gun, they will get it by any means. They normally don't walk into gun shops with licenses and proper background checks done, have everything check out, walk out with a gun and thousands of rounds and commit mass murders.

Even then, Prastupok is still proving that statistically, .22s are more effective than 5.56 at putting out someone.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)