How do you Native English speakers feel about this?

IMPERIUS

Just a quick thought- how do you, as a native english speaker feel about some gramatical mistakes that people on this forum make like e.g. when you only write one L instead of two or when you use the wrong word to describe something (or don't remember it)?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Native English speaker master race reporting in. I don't mind as long as you are trying your best. I only know English and I still mess up all the bloody time!

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

Just a quick thought- how do you, as a native english speaker feel about some gramatical mistakes that people on this forum make like e.g. when you only write one L instead of two or when you use the wrong word to describe something (or don't remember it)?

I don't care. As long as i can make it out, that's all i care about. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

their is so much slang and shit in English it doesn't matte rman,

if i can understand you i dont care

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

English is not my first language, but when I see someone (whose 1st language is not Dutch) talk Dutch a tiny bit faulty, I can understand what he is going through.

At least someone is trying and if you can understand what he/she is saying, it is alright :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just a quick thought- how do you, as a native english speaker feel about some gramatical mistakes like e.g. when you only write one L instead of two or when you use the wrong word to describe something (or don't remember it)?

From a native speaker:

Spelling mistakes: I try never to, since having good spelling is a sign that you either did well in school, or that you care enough to write well (So, you have attention to detail, which many Jobs like to have in a person). You have spell check, use it. 

Grammar: Same as above, but harder to do. Many people have different views on grammar, and how strict you need to be on it. For example, in a quick "help" email to my coworkers, getting them a response asap may include phrasing something strange. But an official email to a customer, a lot more care is taken. I always still try to have proper grammar, as it does show that you care. 

If you forget the word you are trying to use: That doesn't happen much for me, but if it did, I would try hard to remember the word or look it up. Again, the more accurate you can be the better.

As a non-native speaker, just try your best, and keep pushing yourself. Its much more understandable that you have a harder time. But for another native speaker to have bad spelling, grammar, etc, is not acceptable. Having incorrect spellings and sloppy grammar make many people think you are undereducated, or, that you don't care.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I don't care at all. English is a pretty f*cky language overall and I couldn't imagine trying to learn it as a 2ndary. 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

For the most part I don't care. As long as I can understand what they're saying I'm good. However, if I have to question whether what you're actually typing is in English, I will abandon thread. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

English is terrible for all but the native speakers, if you're foreign to the language, mistakes are OK. As I understand, it's a difficult language to learn if you aren't native to it, and considering I'm no expert in another language, I have to be lenient.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

As long as the sentence is understandable, then I don't really care. But it's a huge pet peeve of mine to not see full stops and capital letters where they are supposed to be. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I always thought you were a native English speaker simply because you write so well in English.

Thank you, I appreciate it :)

I try my best, but still sometimes have a hard time saying what I want (just because I don't know all words :P ).

Writing some posts here does help me make much better sentences.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

As someone who writes most of my posts from a phone or tablet, I am perfectly alright with a few spelling mistakes.

Thank you, I appreciate it :)

I try my best, but still sometimes have a hard time saying what I want (just because I don't know all words :P ).

Writing some posts here does help me make much better sentences.

I think my english writing or expresing myself (what I'm asking, how I make the answers) improved a bit

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Spelling mistakes and other minor errors don't bug me much but when people decide not to use sentences and paragraphs or do weird stuff like using ';' instead of '.' and inserting other random characters like '/' all over the place that's where I start to think this probably isn't worth reading, it doesn't have to be perfect, just readable.

Even native English speekers make some realy obvious mistakes to ;)

Me unleh kar iv U tok lik dis. If you are actually trying, then its perfectly fine. I care a lot more when people who obviously know how to speak english well chose to talk nonsensically, like L337 speak.

All the misuse of "a" as of late annoys me to no end. It's just "better performance" people, not "a better performance". Spelling and grammar mistakes bother me too, but if I can still get the gist of what they're trying to say then I'm okay with it I guess.

My native language isn't English but its the only language I'm good at :B

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I find ESL persons usually communicate at a higher level than native English speakers.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Only grammar Nazi's care about that crap.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

As a non-native speaker, just try your best, and keep pushing yourself. It's much more understandable that you have a harder time. But for another native speaker to have bad spelling, grammar, etc, is not acceptable. Having incorrect spellings and sloppy grammar make many people think you are undereducated, or, that you don't care.

b2fa7e7aa804103615fa7138207531ebde00c307

obligatory "just kidding" disclaimer ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

it don't not bother me one damn bit *spits plug of chewing tobacco*

/s

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Nah. I'm just jealous of you for being able to speak more than one language. Plus, men who speak a foreign language are like 10x more attractive, so you don't even have to speak English at all I guess. :P

Nah. I'm just jealous of you for being able to speak more than one language.

and as long as I can understand what you're saying I'm not really that bothered. Heck, I can barely speak it and its my only fluent language :P

Steve

and as long as I can understand what you're saying I'm not really that bothered. Heck, I can barely speak it and its my only fluent language :P

I have to correct you sometimes sweetie and my native language inst even english.

Não te deixo de amar na mesma contudo <3