Gabe Newell Shows Us How Customer Support Is Done

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Uplay

I don't know about their customer support (just keep in mind that they just re-activated a whole bunch of stolen keys whilch is a pretty big deal and, PR move or not, extremely customer friendly) but at least their quality control is better. Yes, even after AC:U they have better quality control because their games at least launch and they don't feature blatant copyright infringement and games that have to be taken down because of those kinds of shenanigans.

@Rohith_Kumar_Sp Holy crap Ubisoft takes so long lol. That's the worst customer support ever.

Lord Gaben answers right away.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

somebody ask him about HL3

pretty sure he'll confirm it.

Meanwhile @Ubisoft

6DKY6UC.png

see the above pic 

i still have 6 tickets open from 2 years , on hold or needs testing , and they are filled with robots who don't even try to read what i typed , i have to repeat myself , they copy paste their own comments after a while , they are just terrible  

I don't know about their customer support (just keep in mind that they just re-activated a whole bunch of stolen keys whilch is a pretty big deal and, PR move or not, extremely customer friendly) but at least their quality control is better. Yes, even after AC:U they have better quality control because their games at least launch and they don't feature blatant copyright infringement and games that have to be taken down because of those kinds of shenanigans.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

see the above pic 

i still have 6 tickets open from 2 years , on hold or needs testing , and they are filled with robots who don't even try to read what i typed , i have to repeat myself , they copy paste their own comments after a while , they are just terrible 

Which is basically on par with Steam from my experience and the experience of many others. Uplay still has better quality control and doesn't release games that have to be taken down because they stole assets or don't even launch.

waht if the reason for valves sucky support is that they dont have a dedicated support team and it is all done by the regular devs. that would explain HL3 wont come out they are bussy with all the support tickets.

Which is basically on par with Steam from my experience and the experience of many others. Uplay still has better quality control and doesn't release games that have to be taken down because they stole assets or don't even launch.

You need to uninstall games from your library to uninstall uplay , it wont uninstall otherwise 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Games that launch mean nothing if they're not actually playable

It's like saying "My car has no engine, but it'll roll down a hill so that's pretty much the same thing"

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

You need to uninstall games from your library to uninstall uplay , it wont uninstall otherwise 

Okay? The software behind Uplay is a PoS, but I was specifically referring to the customer support and the quality control of these platforms.

Games that launch mean nothing if they're not actually playable

It's like saying "My car has no engine, but it'll roll down a hill so that's pretty much the same thing"

Even AC:U was "playable" at launch. Terrible performance, glitches and bugs everywhere, yes sure, but it launched and you got past the menu screen without it crashing for the most part. That and the whole copyright infringement and stolen assets thing on steam (which is absolutely silly for such a large company) still makes Uplay the clear winner if you ask me. At least they haven't allowed something that had to be taken down and banned later down the line.

Still waiting for Origin to call me back on a game to work, only been 2 years now, they told me it was a Mac error code, I dont even own a Mac. Downloaded a crack for the game and BOOM! it worked, but still waiting for that call....

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Okay? The software behind Uplay is a PoS, but I was specifically referring to the customer support and the quality control of these platforms.

oh you don't know anything  - Read this from bottom up , because uplay works in reverse , start from bottom and continue reading backwards 

UWEi0k6.png

i got tons from where that came from 

gPRbkBz.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

oh you don't know anything  - Read this from bottom up , because uplay works in reverse , start from bottom and continue reading backwards 

i got tons from where that came from

As I said I don't doubt that Uplay is a piece of shit and the fact that their customer service is terrible also wouldn't strike me as odd, but they're still miles ahead in terms of quality control.

What you can find on steam: games from the 90s that don't work properly on modern OS's anymore, the same games popping up as "new releases", mobile ports, a bunch of greenlight/indie bullshit that doesn't work properly (sometimes even crashes before you can even start the game properly), legitimate copyright infringement that has to be taken down after weeks, etc. etc.

What you can find on Uplay: Ubisoft games, mostly broken or full of bugs, the end.

This must be why it takes so long for steam to respond to customer support requests...people emailing Gaben get sent to the front of the line.

YES HAIL GABEN. On the other hand, I HATE WARFRAME SUPPORT. Worse than comcast. PERIOD.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Rule #1 of using steam: never evereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverever lose your password.

Rule #2: Hail GabeN

YES HAIL GABEN. On the other hand, I HATE WARFRAME SUPPORT. Worse than comcast. PERIOD.

That doesn't seem physically possible...almost like ripping someones skull out and beating them to death with it...

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Steam support is still crap

This.

We are supposed to be impressed that the guy finally got support after directly contacting Gabe? Their support sucks hard. Gabe can't change that simple fact.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Steam support is still crap

This. Steam support is some of the worst I've seen. But, oh no, let's just forget all that because "muh GabeN!" did something for publicity.

Yeah, no shit he wanted you to post it all over Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.

Gabe Newell definitely is a great guy, but man that company suffers from mismanagement and shitty customer support. Steam is actually the WORST digital distribution platform out there, both in terms of quality control and in terms of customer service. This is just another example of that.

There is always Uplay.

And if you don't like greymarket, g2a.

Desura is pretty bad on quality control too.  But it's not up to the platform to do quality control; if game is shitty or incomplete(they did tell you it's Early Access, no?), your player reviews(how would you know if it's shitty if no one has ever played it?  And how would you expect Valve to have people play every game on Steam then offer their unbiased opinion on it?  You can't.) should do that.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

This.

We are supposed to be impressed that the guy finally got support after directly contacting Gabe? Their support sucks hard. Gabe can't change that simple fact.

Steam users must have some seriously low standards then. 

I can get a live chat on Origin going in a few minutes and usually have problems solved the same day. Steam? Good luck. I'll use a better example for real world scenarios: BH Photo. Not as big as Steam (in the $$$) yet they have staff on call, live chat and email that respond within hours. 

There are so many companies that employ better CS that its embarrassing for Steam not to have a dedicated department. "Every employee is involved in support" is a load of shit. Why not pay 6 dozen people to actually run your support backend properly? Try that one Gaben. Oh wait, I've insulted the holy institution of Gaben, I'm going to hell for insinuating that Steam does anything wrong. 

Its sad that we give every other distribution platform shit but when it comes to Steams everyone turns a blind eye and screams YEA BUT CHEAP GAMES BRUH 

I can get a live chat on Origin going in a few minutes and usually have problems solved the same day. Steam? Good luck. I'll use a better example for real world scenarios: BH Photo. Not as big as Steam (in the $$$) yet they have staff on call, live chat and email that respond within hours.

There are so many companies that employ better CS that its embarrassing for Steam not to have a dedicated department. "Every employee is involved in support" is a load of shit. Why not pay 6 dozen people to actually run your support backend properly? Try that one Gaben. Oh wait, I've insulted the holy institution of Gaben, I'm going to hell for insinuating that Steam does anything wrong.

Its sad that we give every other distribution platform shit but when it comes to Steams everyone turns a blind eye and screams YEA BUT CHEAP GAMES BRUH

.... YEA BUT CHEAP GAMES BRUH!

Steam fanboys are one of the worst fanbases I've ever seen, that's why.

I often see them say DRM is better than DRM-free. Seriously.