Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Discussion

My 7950 is at 1060mhz on the GPU and 1550mhz on the memory. Technically I am getting between 100-116 on Dust bowl with drops into the maybe 60's. I am impressed with the graphics. Usually 80's so it fluctuates when there is 64 player action around. I should watch it more closely. I am impressed with the time they spent fixing what I thought was a great concept but a terrible disaster with the last beta. This game feels as if it's ready vs. when BF4 first came out. It took a year to simply get it stable. BF3 players do not like to hear that BF4 is a better game now in all respects. I play BF3 and that could benefit from another patch. 

I know I am listing a bunch of different fps but when you spawn, fly your chopper or drive to a flag it's over 100fps. I am impressed with the netcode and how good the FPS is on this beta. Mantle will be out when the game is released. The last Hardline had Mantle enabled last year. 

My 7950 is at 1060mhz on the GPU and 1550mhz on the memory. Technically I am getting between 100-116 on Dust bowl with drops into the maybe 60's. I am impressed with the graphics. Usually 80's so it fluctuates when there is 64 player action around. I should watch it more closely. I am impressed with the time they spent fixing what I thought was a great concept but a terrible disaster with the last beta. This game feels as if it's ready vs. when BF4 first came out. It took a year to simply get it stable. BF3 players do not like to hear that BF4 is a better game now in all respects. I play BF3 and that could benefit from another patch. 

I know I am listing a bunch of different fps but when you spawn, fly your chopper or drive to a flag it's over 100fps. I am impressed with the netcode and how good the FPS is on this beta. Mantle will be out when the game is released. The last Hardline had Mantle enabled last year. 

+1 on this. Im very surprised. I think I can get another year out of my R6950 because of the good optimization from this game.

I do still think people are going to play BF4 a lot though... BFH feels a good bit more arcady compared to BF4. Not sure why they decided to do that, but I still like it.

ANd grenades are much more powerful now. Did anyone else notice that? if a grenade lands next to you, you are dead. no chance of running away like BF4. You have to be actively watching for grenades and run from them while they are still in the air instead. I like this, makes the game that much less boring :)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

This game is a lot less clunky than BF4, feels faster, has more strategy, and has a theme that I love!

Only thing I don;t like is that it runs ~25% worse than BF4. I get around 65-70 fps Ultra/1080P. 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

What resolution and settings? I am getting the bad end with 75ish fps on Bank Job at ultra 1080p.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I get high Fps but then it dips to the low 40 - 45 Fps range and becomes unplayable.

Not sure what the issue is but ever sense I downloaded the omega driver , games that run DX11 run horrible with crossfire or it might just be crossfire and AMDs drivers

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

Try running it with HBAO turned off. Either use SSAO or nothing. Also MSAA really kills FPS even at 2x. 

This game will flop hard.

Anyone paying 59.99$ for this is a sucker.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

F***ING F**K!!!!!!!

STUPID SONY! I NEED PLAYSTATION PLUS TO DOWNLOAD AND PLAY THE BETA, GEE THAT'S GREAT! THERE GOES THE BETA FOR ME!

SON OF A FA**OT!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE YOU SONY!!!!!! I WANNA F***ING DESTROY THIS S**T PLAYSTATION AND JUST HAVE MY PC DONE ALREADY!!!!

post-40263-0-28686500-1423012846.png

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Try running it with HBAO turned off. Either use SSAO or nothing. Also MSAA really kills FPS even at 2x. 

The game ran much better at 4K than 1080p for me.

Ultra / High Settings , No AA , MSAA Or HBAO/SSAO

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

I only got to play for an hour this morning, but to be honest I'm not impressed so far. I'm definitely going to have to play it more to get a better idea, but I was having issues with bad spawns. Unless I was spawning in the very back of the map (conquest on Dust Bowl) I would die within 1 second of spawning. I need to try the other game modes to get an idea, but I don't know if it is going to be worth my $60.

Yeah. I was having major issues with spawning on people. I just kept dying instantly.

I also had problems with the 64 player map. There was just millions of snipers sitting on (I think the criminal side) mountain in their spawn and they could snipe me from basically anywhere on the map. It was super annoying because I couldn't go up there and kill them, and snipers a extremely powerful in the game.

I also really didn't like the fact that you can't do any damage to people who are in cars. It's super annoying when they can just jump in a vehicle and you can't do anything to them.

I'll be playing it some more, so maybe my opinion will change after a few more matches.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

I LOVE IT. It's so much more fun and teamwork oriented than BF4, and puts a really cool twist on the game. The car physics are pretty shit though.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I want to start this out by saying that I went into this game fully expecting it to be garbage, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think it's pretty good. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with it so far. This is coming from someone who loves BF3 (it's my favorite BF, and I still play it today), and absolutely hates BF4. I still prefer BF3, but it's nice to play a game without a bunch of 100 colonels with shitbuckets. 

One of the main things that I really think is an improvement over BF4 is the objective/team play. In BF4, capping objectives feels pointless and you rarely ever get purposefully helped out by anyone. In Hardline, it feels more like BF3, where capping objectives feels like it has meaning, you can feel the tide of the game turning when your team pushes, and your teammates will actually stop to help you. Really my only gripe would be the damage model. Nearly every weapon's time to kill is less than half of a second when you are within 25m of someone. It's not nearly as bad as BF4, which you had absolutely zero reaction time, but I still wish they had opted to go for a damage model that more closely resembled BF3's, since in BF3 you had time to find cover and think about your situation, and, in general, the whole game feels more tactical. The lack of tanks/jets/real attack helis is a shame, but they really wouldn't fit in a game themed like BFH is. I will always prefer the more traditional BF with lots of vehicles on massive maps, but this game keeps me interested even without that aspect.

In short, I really like Hardline, but it has a few shortcomings that hold it down. Still a good game, though I will probably wait for a sale to pick it up.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Really good performance on my end. 80-100FPS consistently on a 4690k/GTX970 Ultra Preset. Even while watching twitch. Gameplay wise it's a little clunky but otherwise fun. Still not going to buy it on release tho. The "net code" is still horrible lol.

This game will flop hard.

Anyone paying 59.99$ for this is a sucker.

Why do you think that? The Battlefield community is already busy with people playing and enjoying the Beta

I imagine they will buy it

I am planning to

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why do you think that? The Battlefield community is already busy with people playing and enjoying the Beta

I imagine they will buy it

I am planning to

The game is too boring for me to buy it xD.

But i was never much of a battlefield gal tbh.

The game is too boring for me to buy it xD.

But i was never much of a battlefield gal tbh.

Thats fair enough

battlefield is something me and my friends play a few evenings a week, its fun to jump in as a group and blow shit up while having a nice chin wag at the same time :3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have had issues with BF4 and explosions going green on my screen.

Im running BFHL on the exact same settings and its running like a charm and seems to be smoother as well.

on gamepaly, i love the guns and that you have to buy parts etc. also like the camos.

Dont really like conquest but the other two modes are awesome. I see some potential for this to become a comp game

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

Runs spotless on my rig. I have played only the heist mode so far and that's pretty fun. But what kinda annoys me that you don't really have any gun fights. Everything is a one shot kill. Nevertheless if the upcomming maps are good this could be a pretty cool game.

It better run easy on your rig. LOL! 2 x GTX 980s and a Intel i7 5960x cpu. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Guys how long is BF Hardline Beta going on for?

Till the 8th

Thanks so much for the information Vrbas.

Some great information here players should know....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Post your stats guys  :P

These are my stats:

Avp6bIn.png?1

After playing the game for 2 hours I have to say, I'm having quite a lot of fun, and is stable at 1080p ultra settings on a 7970 so they definetly spent a good amount of time with optimization, HBAO gave me a few problems though I had to turn it off.

I'm probably going to buy this (not at launch though)