Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Discussion

The shotguns are pissing me off... then I used one... yep their great..when your giving the damage, not taking it, seems pretty OP to me..

I was seeing that rageline too, multiple sniper shots to take down someone... and they rage for a little bit...

I started at 7:30pm (my time) when it unlocked, it's now 2:20am, didn't even realize how much time had passed....

Btw - did you notice that the rounds last stuff all time (short length).... their over so quick.

/Prob beta settings, public svrs would be manually set to whatever...

I think the multiple sniper shot thing might be good. Can't count all the times I've been one shot after thinking I'm in cover in BF3! I'll have to wait and see though.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Yea the game is very very fast paced, I kinda like it. I wish there were better maps though

I like it too, but the length of a match could be over in 8mins or less sometimes...

I wouldn't mind match's that go for 15mins, will have to wait until full release, as no doubt it's very quick only for the beta.

2:30 am, bit drowsy....should be fun.... the next 30 mins will dictate whether it's an all nighter or if I'm too tired to sustain accuracy, to which Ill go to bed.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I much prefered the alpha after E3. Even though it played like BF4 it was dressed up better and felt different. Now it just feels like a warzone with police in for some reason.

Very poor placement of pre-load but it is there.

But to no surprise, excellent placement of the Digital Deluxe Edition as the default purchasing option. Right above the ghosted-out "Standard Edition." :P

For recommended specs it says a GTX 760 or a R9 290...

Were they on drugs when they wrote that?

The 290 is about twice the performance of the 760, and is a beast card...

If it's true, I'm going to have a bad time with my new 280.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

I'm running it just fine with a R9 270, don't worry about it

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Yea i chuckled when i read that, your 280 will do just fine.

My 290 is just eating this thing up .

It runs fine on my 270x :/

Dunno,

It seems like I'm the only one that strongly dislikes this game. Is there anyone that feels the same?

I played all of one game last night when it went live.  Now I'm going to uninstall it. 

I feel the concept/mechanics of the game are horrible.  It's something that would be part of a GTA game, except you're supposed to pay for it at some point.

The game menus are very stuffy.

I played all of one game last night when it went live.  Now I'm going to uninstall it. 

I feel the concept/mechanics of the game are horrible.  It's something that would be part of a GTA game, except you're supposed to pay for it at some point.

The game menus are very stuffy.

Same

For me it feels like a mix between payday 2 and cod with some BF grafics

Let's agree to disagree

I like it, running maxed out it looks very nice. The game flows quite well and honestly i could buy this game on release and feel like i upgraded from bf4

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

What a great timing my motherboard has to die on me :(

Now I won't be able to play Battlefield Hardline :(

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Sure it runs bf4 fine so it will run this fine.

I did get some stutters in BF4 when I tried it, BF3 runs perfect though.

As long as I don't play 64 man then i should be good.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

I only got to play for an hour this morning, but to be honest I'm not impressed so far. I'm definitely going to have to play it more to get a better idea, but I was having issues with bad spawns. Unless I was spawning in the very back of the map (conquest on Dust Bowl) I would die within 1 second of spawning. I need to try the other game modes to get an idea, but I don't know if it is going to be worth my $60.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I can't play yet, but how does the performance compare to BF4? If I can play BF4 ultra on 60 fps, will I be able to play this game on ultra at 60 fps as well?

I played the first Hardline beta. This one is very stable and a great deal improved. I am having a good time playing the game. My outdated 7950 is pumping out 80-100fps 1080P ultra everything, no MSAA AA Post set to medium and SSAO. No MSAA. 

I played the first Hardline beta. This one is very stable and a great deal improved. I am having a good time playing the game. My outdated 7950 is pumping out 80-100fps 1080P ultra everything, no MSAA AA Post set to medium and SSAO. No MSAA. 

Im getting way over 60 on a 270x , imagine when mantle is enabled *.*

There's no longer a Mantle option. I was able to average about 50fps (maybe a little higher than that since lows never dropped below 45ish) at 1080p ultra with no motion blur. This is on a 7950 at 1000mhz +20%

No mantle for me:

WrD2Zcf.jpg?1

Anyway... the game doesn't feel really smooth even if it's rare that the fps drop under 60, they are almost always over 70-75 with peaks to 130+, probably something that could be fixed with a driver update.

Now about the gameplay, coming from BF3 there is a big difference, it feels a lot more like CoD than BF to be honest, I played only for 30minutes so it's early to say if I like it or not.

No mantle for me:

WrD2Zcf.jpg?1

Anyway... the game doesn't feel really smooth even if it's rare that the fps drop under 60, they are almost always over 70-75 with peaks to 130+, probably something that could be fixed with a driver update.

Now about the gameplay, coming from BF3 there is a big difference, it feels a lot more like CoD than BF to be honest, I played only for 30minutes so it's early to say if I like it or not.

Mantle is off but im already getting high fps without it so i want it for the lelz.

I'm quite liking BF: Hardline so far. It feels decidely less like a BF4 clone in this beta than the last one, in my opinion.

I'm a fan of heavy-hitting battle rifles and DMRs in most FPS games, and I think they've handled them very well in Hardline. They feel big and heavy with lots of recoil and great audio, and have tons of stopping power. Recoil in general seems more aggressive than BF4, even with the starter RO933. I like that.

I tried the bank map, in this one I get 120-130fps average, with peaks to 160 and drops to 80, a lot better, I'm testing it with a really light OC (970Mhz).

Also, the sniper rifle is so OP it's basically automatic  :lol:

So after about another 2 hours of playing, I still can't seem to enjoy the game. I find myself getting increasingly frustrated. Probably not gonna get this battlefield.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."